B2SBackglassServer.exe Not Starting

Hey all, thanks for looking!

I've been at this for a while, I just did a fresh install, all steps followed, but cannot get VPX to start the B2S executable. I can manually start a back glass directly from the .directb2s file, but cannot from the front end or directly from VPX.

The .dll is registered (the only one registered to the correct directory), the box is not checked to disable in XPX, the file names match (as I have had this working prior.  I have the B2S app running in a separate folder under the VisualPinball directory, and the screen res is set correctly.

While I am not a developer, I have been troubleshooting software from developers for several years. For some reason VPX is not calling the B2S .exe file when the table starts. I am not sure what I am missing from a config standpoint.

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated!

Mike

So I wound up getting it working again by copying all of the B2S deployment directly into the \VPinball\VirtualPinball directory. There must be a reg setting that needs to get adjusted, as I now have both in there.

32 minutes ago, mikekaro said:

So I wound up getting it working again by copying all of the B2S deployment directly into the \VPinball\VirtualPinball directory. There must be a reg setting that needs to get adjusted, as I now have both in there.

You should only have one location of the b2s files and subfolders. It doesn't matter where you put it as long as there is only one. Now simply run the B2SBackglassServerRegisterApp.exe to install the com object and set registry settings.

That's what I have been doing, I'd like to keep it in a separate folder. Will need to some digging around some more to see what the registry is doing to me.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, mikekaro said:

That's what I have been doing, I'd like to keep it in a separate folder. Will need to some digging around some more to see what the registry is doing to me.

Thanks!

One thing critical to the register app to work is that there must be a good b2stablesettings.xml in the same folder. Without that it will not complete registration. There must be only the ONE b2stablesettings.xml too.

I have my B2S stuff completely separate from visual pinball in it's own folder called simply E:\B2S. That way when I update the folder there is no risk of overwriting anything in the visual pinball folders. Just remember to add the folder to your antivirus exclusions.

Edited by Cliffy