Download speed very low

Hi, I've got a silver account using Chrome for browser. 

My download speeds are very inconsistent, sometimes it's ok but sometimes time it's verrrry slow (about 50/100 ko/s). It's so slow that my downloads don't achieve and I get an error. 

My connexion is about 950 Mbps and I have no issue with downloads on other sites. 

I'm tempted trying a VPN but I've heard some people who got their account blocked using a VPN. 

Could you please help me? Thanks. 

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, Dicentim said:

My download speeds are very inconsistent, sometimes it's ok but sometimes time it's verrrry slow (about 50/100 ko/s). It's so slow that my downloads don't achieve and I get an error. 

My connexion is about 950 Mbps and I have no issue with downloads on other sites. 

I'm tempted trying a VPN but I've heard some people who got their account blocked using a VPN. 

Have you tried using Firefox Browser to test to see if it slows down the same?

• Administrators
18 hours ago, Dicentim said:

Silver is limited to 10MB down. Using a VPN may cause the account to be banned as stated in the rules of the site.

I've tested with Firefox and the same crappy download speed. I tried using my Cyberghost VPN account and then download speed seems normal.
So my conclusion is my internet provider is somehow slowering your IP address. 
I'll contact them and I hopeI won't have any ban issue with you site using a VPN.
Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Oups @Dazz posted meanwhile, 10 Mb down is about 1,2 MB/s I'm far from that number... Hope I have no problem with my only VPN attempt.
I'll try to contact my internet provider. Thanks.

EDIT : The answer (in french) of my provider

image.png.fd1b65339e42c24786969c99bfe8a4ec.png

So to my knowledge there's no restriction to your site for french people.
Please note that I live in Reunion (french overseas territory), I suppose there is no geographic limit to access your website from Reunion ?
Thanks.

Edited by Dicentim