[New VP10 Alert] Eight Ball Deluxe (1981)

Eight Ball Deluxe (1981)

"If you liked Bally's famous 8-Ball, you're going to love the all new 8-Ball Deluxe. With a contemporary Western theme, it's a rack of features: 3 flippers, severeal shots with continuous build up, and the popular backbox carryover feature will excite the sharpshooter in any player"

Resurrected from bord's old build circa 2018, this updated version of Eight Ball Deluxe has been completely rebuilt from the ground up. Uncle Paulie overhauled the table and flipper physics, targets, VR, ball trough, shadows, DT Backglass, major solenoid/ROM rework... lots of timing issues with various PC hardware.  VLM arrays and animation, F12 options, sling corrections, standalone, and Fleep sounds. Bord started from scratch in Blender with new modeling, lightmapped render and mesh physics.

VPX 10.8 and VPinMame 3.6 Required

Thanks to all the testers over at VPW.

Weird issue, the table loads, backglass and dmd are fine. I can hear the table, enter quarters and start the game. I can even hear the launch when I pull the plunger... but the screen is basically black with just a tiny bit of visual. ANyone else experience this? 

About a hundred tables installed and working. Just strange.

16 hours ago, tristeele said:

Weird issue, the table loads, backglass and dmd are fine. I can hear the table, enter quarters and start the game. I can even hear the launch when I pull the plunger... but the screen is basically black with just a tiny bit of visual. ANyone else experience this? 

About a hundred tables installed and working. Just strange.

Are you using 32-bit VPX.

This table requires 10.8 64-bit, but 64-bit is a PoS, many crashes on table loading (any table) vs. 64-bit, 10.8 development is always a regression!

25 minutes ago, DomiKamu said:

This table requires 10.8 64-bit, but 64-bit is a PoS, many crashes on table loading (any table) vs. 64-bit, 10.8 development is always a regression!

Speak for yourself.  10.8 64-bit GL is my daily driver, and I have zero problems with hundreds of tables.

7 hours ago, DanLShane said:

Speak for yourself.  10.8 64-bit GL is my daily driver, and I have zero problems with hundreds of tables.

I don't use "GL"... Speak for yourself too, simply check the issue board from GitHub.

In particular, this issue : https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/issues/1609

The only way to load this (nice) table into 10.8 RC1 (32-bit) was to reduce size of certain textures (half reduction, from 8K to 4K, concerning four images), and now, from 10.8 RC1 32-bit (non-GL), I don't have any issue about this table.

I precise I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (22H2), RTX 2080 (8 GB) GPU, 1920x1080, Desktop mode only...

Be sure now I'll avoid any 4K VR tables - everybody of us don't need 4K (with some 8K textures 🫢), nor VR.

Game is over. 😉

Edited by DomiKamu

I have been monitoring the GitHub comments, and yours are the most vitriolic on the board. You are not alone in having issues with this beta software, but fortunately the game is NOT over for those of us who are patient and grateful for the herculean efforts of the voluntary programmers.  We accept the occasional bump in the road that is still under construction.

I would never assume to tell others that my experience justifies the continued development nor the end of such.  Stick with the previous version that worked best for you, but please don't suggest that we should all concur with your "PoS" assessment.