Rumble Vibration via Script?

fromaris

Hi, i was just wondering,

isnt there a function or command to enable/control rumble for xbox controllers in the script editor?

because so far i have not found anything related to rumble or motors by using the search function here or in the browser,

except for DOF Links, which look like a whole different kind of beast to tame with additional hardware too.

thx for your responses

so, it seems there isnt.

is it because usually events are triggered by the rom file?

or am i completely wrong?

im a bit puzzled since nearly everything has gamepad rumble.

anyways would be grateful for a response.

im not playing with a gamepad btw,

just want to use one as rumble pak in addition to my homemade controller.

figured it would be the easiest and cheapest solution, since we practically all have such a thing lying around.

Most of the DOF triggers are mapped in the script.    A Solenoid or a table light is only triggered by the rom. DOF uses the rom to trigger all events. if you go tot he DOF website and click on the "Table Config" tab you will see that each table has a mapping for a specific rom file.

an Xbox controller is X-input based; most Virtual pinball controllers in the market are D-Input based.

if you want your gamepad to rumble you will have to go into a rabbit hole and find a way to map DOF into your X-input controller drivers

or go to each table and create a script to map individual triggers that will map to an X-input controller drivers.

Edited by Pinballuser