3 Screen Setup Issue - Signal Loss on Displays

Hi Guys,

Brand new to this forum and to VP in general, so please humor me and be gentle 

I just inherited a virtual pinball table with a 3 screen setup:

- 3840 x 2160 (4K) main playfield (an LG TV)

- 1920 x 1080 backglass screen (Acer 32 inch monitor)

- 1600 x 900 DMD screen (monitor, not a real DMD)

The machine is fully configured using PinUp Popper and the screens do appear to be configured correctly and I can play pretty much every table. a

However, I have a persistent issue with most tables in that, for instance, if I am playing the Addams Family VPX table, if the ball hits a ramp, the DMD and/or the backglass and playfield screens will temporarily go black indicating a signal loss accompanied by a series of rapid Morse code style beeps.  They do come back on after a few seconds, but this obviously affects gameplay.  This "effect" happens on other tables, not just the Addams Family.

I've checked the refresh rate on all 3 screens and they're all set 60Hz so I don't think that's an issue.

The graphics card is an NVidia RTX 3060, Intel Core i5 CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD hard drive.

I've also attached a link to a video showing the behavior I am experiencing.

https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcvws.icloud-content.com%2FB%2FAcJtlwyyfUxoXi9jJMgeq7qvO-VcATkSlwzybqIKivXVEDiM1m8NFpaW%2F%24{f}%3Fo%3DAk2rg9bY7ZiBPjPt-7AJk8dxH9u6NXWOckESeaSHtVxj%26v%3D1%26x%3D3%26a%3DCAoghtcbt01pbFZEUbwhdgI_ITVhSjRKz5MLsFH8hpEWai4SeBD4vO_W3jEY-MzqqugxIgEAKgkC6AMA_1ErG0FSBK875VxaBA0WlpZqJia5VSFR0SILgQp4gaWf2DvFf8u3rbbmoDTWUoI8HjOLVGwngXvbciaTpObsI4Bx2jgBuwSjv_s2lE3nCf2ZhV_bBMZ53ii0_5EPeDw2eg%26e%3D1711634294%26fl%3D%26r%3DDA0A9AE9-2093-4D32-B13C-0D0E265DF8C2-1%26k%3D%24{uk}%26ckc%3Dcom.apple.largeattachment%26ckz%3D4DF231F0-5107-49A2-9711-D965B82B6784%26p%3D108%26s%3D6ig8CfrMWPjtUJMOmA49X97BL8w&uk=Fx2zI8O8nslo0A2p5IsQcA&f=VP Black Screen.MOV&sz=182109286

Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks!

ArloUSA.

PS the graphics card has just been replaced and is brand new.  The old card was an RTX 2060, so I don't think that this is a video card issue.  I've also changed all of the video cables out as well without success.

Update for everyone - I did a test earlier and renamed the Direct Output Framework (DOF) folder to effectively disable the knockers, LED's etc and the issue was instantly resolved albeit with now (no) pinball realism effects from the solenoids and lights.  So the attention focus now shifts into what is wrong with the DIrectOutput configuration.  Any insight from anyone on that?

Odds are that it's NOT your DOF configuration, it's a physical problem, it just happens to "go away" when you disable DOF outright. All the solenoids need diodes, and it sounds like you have at least one diode that has failed or become detached. I've had that happen when my diode installation wasn't great, with a similar issue of causing one or more monitors to blank out momentarily.

@LynnInDenver you were absolutely correct.  I walked through testing the solenoids on the Pinscape controller board and one of the solenoids one of the LED light strips didn't respond and I got the same beeping noise that I got re the original screen display issue when I tried to activate it.  I will replace the solenoid and see if that works.

@LynnInDenver I replaced the solenoid with a known working unit (spare) and my issue is resolved!  To assist anyone else who may be having this issue, I used the Pinscape Configuration tester to test each port on the board (a Cleveland Software Design KL25Z) and once I had found the problematic port, I replaced the solenoid servicing that port.  Back to having a 100% working machine, yay!