SAMBuild2.9 beta thread

CarnyPriest

Not sure why I didn't notice before but found the vpx spider man to replace my pm5 that was crashing, works perfectly and obviously plays better. Not having any SAM issues at all now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am having a weird issue. I am on 2.9, I have updated my  .dll's. I recently went to color pin2dmd. I have been adding and going through everything. Tables like AC/DC, X-Men, The walking Dead, etc.... basically stern will not load the time try. I have load another table first. My go to table has been Attack from Mars. Once I load it up and exit I then can go to AC/DC or one of the other tables and they work. Any ideas?

On 10/05/2017 at 7:03 PM, Thalamus said:

@jukedock To me your problem seems quite similar to what I've experienced with Pindmd3. Why don't you try to do what I've described needs to be done here :

http://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/pindmd3-replacing-pindmd-dll-for-dmddevice-dll/

If It isn't working, very easily revert back ... and of course - only try the part where I mention PBX.

My pal has my old cab with the PINDMD3 in it.  Your post indeed helped me out with his cab - so a big thank you!

Have read many guides but after putting in dmddevice.dll into more than one folder (ie in WOWsys64/ and in all the vpinmame and pinball X) I had too many ,dlls that it was trying to start up.  In the end I removed the one from the WOWsys64 folder (in safe mode) and got it working that way. 

Do I need this in order to get the improved dots and brighter dmd for my 3rd led screen? I'm not sure about jumping on board with the color roms as I see a lot of posts with issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am having a weird issue. I am on 2.9, I have updated my  .dll's. I recently went to color pin2dmd. I have been adding and going through everything. Tables like AC/DC, X-Men, The walking Dead, etc.... basically stern will not load the time try. I have load another table first. My go to table has been Attack from Mars. Once I load it up and exit I then can go to AC/DC or one of the other tables and they work. Any ideas?

This should work..

Seems someone on another forum had exactly the same problem as me and he fixed it by "Disable at91jit in registry for that rom. Set to 0 instead of 1", I'll be trying this as soon as I get near my cab [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Thalamus said:

@jukedock Yeah, well - if you put a dll into wowsys64 it becomes ... "ruler of them all" - not a good idea in this case, where different versions might be a requirement.

Yeah - but the trouble is when you see people do guides you take there word it is the correct way.  I have a bit of software (sorry cant remember the name) that showed to me that windows seemed to be running the same .dll from two locations at the same time, one in Pinball X and one in Visual pinball.   Causing mine to crash in Pinball X but be absolutely fine when used standalone.

Worth saying @Thalamus - just because it says so on the internet - it doesnt mean that it is true !

Thanks for your help.

6 hours ago, connorsdad said:

This should work..

Seems someone on another forum had exactly the same problem as me and he fixed it by "Disable at91jit in registry for that rom. Set to 0 instead of 1", I'll be trying this as soon as I get near my cab emoji3.png

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That worked for the table launching on the first try but the DOF will not work unless I launch another table first.  I have also notice that XDMD 1.4 is hanging up on tables also. For example, Diablo, After the intro and I start the game play the screen will go black. Eventually, it comes back with the score and the dragon.

@CarnyPriest New personal best on Metallica - so guess hammer is working again :) Quick test of AC/DC ... diverter is also working. Did also run the latest .net framework updates from Microsoft. Only played these two tables so far, but, in case someone is scared of these updates, at least these two table is still working ;)

Thank you !!

• Content Provider

Hammer is working for me too. Awesome!  

One thing I have noticed.... since updating everything (VPX, PinMAME,DOF Config Tool, etc) that some tables have their flashers (real flashers in my cabinet) only barely light up now. It's like they are only half bright. The two that stand out are Metallica Premium Monster and TOTAN, whereas the regular Metallica lights up fine (its using modulated flashers as well).   If I go back to an older directoutputconfig  file, then TOTAN works fine.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

33 minutes ago, TerryRed said:

Hammer is working for me too. Awesome!  

One thing I have noticed.... since updating everything (VPX, PinMAME,DOF Config Tool, etc) that some tables have their flashers (real flashers in my cabinet) only barely light up now. It's like they are only half bright. The two that stand out are Metallica Premium Monster and TOTAN, whereas the regular Metallica lights up fine (its using modulated flashers as well).   If I go back to an older directoutputconfig  file, then TOTAN works fine.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix this?

TerryRed: have a look at your DOF config with the DOF config tool.   At some lights you see a definition NOBOOL  added.

What works for me is deleting this statement everywhere it is mentioned in the dof commandline , then generate a new config file and put it where it belongs, overwriting the old one.

I think NOBOOL means that the lights are more then on/off (BOOLEAN) but for me the lights are only dimm and deleting this statement did the job, I suggest you give it a try.....

• Content Provider

While I wouldn't consider this a fix...  removing the nobool entries (in DOFConfig Tool) for the 5 flashers for Metallica and TOTAN seems to fix the issue (i don't get modulated flashers though).   I wonder why modulated flashers (nobool entries) work for Scarred Stiff, but not Metallica and TOTAN.  Ironically the nobool entries for addressable leds (flashers MX) work fine and we get modulated lighting working for that for all tables.

Thoughts?

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, flippnswitchez said:

I have also notice that XDMD 1.4 is hanging up on tables also. For example, Diablo, After the intro and I start the game play the screen will go black. Eventually, it comes back with the score and the dragon.

I remember seeing something about this being related to the DMD monitor running at a refresh rate that UDMD doesn't like.  eg:  anything other than 60.Hz

Ok, so in the midst of getting this to work I had to reinstall everything. I was playing around with the dmd.dlls and tried bouncing back to pin2dmd 2.38. I am using rgb dmd btw. I decided to go ahead mess with 10.3 beta.... ummm WOW!  I have everything working now. 

@CarnyPriest - a little suggestion as I have noticed you do lots of work on the VPINMAME project.

Instead of having to go into the registry to change the ajt_ setting to 0 instead of 1, would it be possible to have a setting within pinmame - so when you hit F1 you can tick a box to change this value to 0 on that particular rom? 

Dont know if this is possible at all.  It would really make life easier.

Brilliant work on the new build - had a few hours working on my cab today and its brilliant to have every game working with coloured pin2dmd.

I am sure I speak for all of us here when I thank all of you for the hard work.

• Content Provider
22 minutes ago, jukedock said:

@CarnyPriest - a little suggestion as I have noticed you do lots of work on the VPINMAME project.

Instead of having to go into the registry to change the ajt_ setting to 0 instead of 1, would it be possible to have a setting within pinmame - so when you hit F1 you can tick a box to change this value to 0 on that particular rom? 

Dont know if this is possible at all.  It would really make life easier.

Brilliant work on the new build - had a few hours working on my cab today and its brilliant to have every game working with coloured pin2dmd.

I am sure I speak for all of us here when I thank all of you for the hard work.

I'm not a member of PinMAMEdev and the JIT compiler code is not specific to the S.A.M. system. I'll have to defer to DJRobX. And credit goes to him, as well. As far as I know, he still had some plans to work on that code. But he's been quiet the past few weeks. Must have some real life things going on.

Plus my POV is that it is not really worthwhile to code a UI feature for something that is useful for a scant handful of tables. And disabling JIT is not a solution that works for everyone. Me, for example. Would be a lot more useful to have a checkbox to toggle ddraw. Granted, this is the opinion of someone who has gotten very comfortable with regedit.

Maybe make a suggestion at VPF?

Works great but back to issues with the Star Trek LE vpx table. All insert lights are out...don't think it's due to the beta but worked before? The last revision made it work but is not working switching back. I think it's the table...anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Provider

thanks for the met update, works great, but now i have an issue on twd le which was not there in the previous versions

when we start the table the crossbow does a smoke rotation test and when it stops at the initial position, the gi goes ON and it is not the case anymore, well not directly, i had the gi back, some lights like the yellow arrow before the prison multiball are not lit the same way

Archived