Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

50 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

You need to update the dmddevice.dll also.

Aaah...got it, THANK you!

I thought that replacing the old dmd sub dir's with the newer ones which comes with the new SAMbuild was enough but you really need to copy/paste the right .dll file into the pinmame dir.

Thanks and also for the colorized Metallica upgrade: looks fantastic!

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Content Provider

New version on github

V2.38

virtual pinball improvements

-new dmddevice.dll with improved frame processing of fsq files for Replacement frames and
ColorMasks

real pinball machine improvements

- fix bitorder for dataeast and whitestar machines
- improved frame processing of fsq files for Replacement frames and
ColorMasks

Small changelog entry but thanks to Vbobrusev a major step for the colorizing features of the pin2dmd project
His work on The Simpsons Pinball Party makes it the first fully colorized machine which originally has 4 shades
All scene recordings where done on the real pinball machine and the colorization works also cross platform on
VPins. It is completely done with the help of the latest version of pin2dmd editor from here

https://bintray.com/sker65/pin2dmd/Editor#files

Hello lucky1,

can I ask your support for this:

when playing VPtables which originally have small DMD's (like Batman or Star Trek (DE '91)) a strange pattern of dots appear in the upper part of the display (see attached images, same with Star Trek)

Is this something in the driver you can adjust so these first lines will remain blank?

I'm running V2.37

thnx

20170402_182249.jpg

20170402_182255.jpg

Thanks for the new version of the dmddevice.dll to address the strange pattern of dots appear in the upper part of the display. Only if I replace the current dmddevice.dll in my vpinmame directory I get an error that no dmd device is found. I'm also running 2.37.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Downloaded the latest version.

From the dir PIN2DMDMaster/integration/pinmame I copied the 3 files (dmddevice.dll - dmddevice.h and libusbK.dll   to the VPinmame dir overwriting the previous ones.

Starting a pinball within PinballX: no error but also no display at all: all blank.

When I put back the old .dll's the display is back again (including the dots at the top...)

:  in previous downloads there were 4 subdir's like pin2dmd, Pindmd1 / 2 and 3....now there's only the integration dir with the 3 mentioned files (and a x64 dir I don't use at my 32bit system.

Thnx for your effort helping us!

Edit: putting back only the dmddevice.dll file will make the display visable again so libusk.dll is fine.

• Content Provider

Could it be that you use Windows7 and don´t have this patch installed ?

... and with this patch installed ?

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=217865

You can also use that link and choose you OS language

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/download/details.aspx?id=26767

I uploaded a new version of dmddevice.dll which uses a patched version of libusb I created as a workaround before I found  the
microsoft patch.

7 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Could it be that you use Windows7 and don´t have this patch installed ?

I uploaded a new version of dmddevice.dll which uses a patched version of libusb I created as a workaround before I found  the
microsoft patch.

Tried to install that path but it said "this is not for your computer.." ????   I was sure that I took the right version but it wouldn't install.

So I did  total Win7 update and now it works fantastic!

New dll and V2.37 firmware and Batman etc without the extra pixels.

Thank you Lucky1!

New Question:

how can I edit (and save) a .pal file?

In Pin2DMD I can press the Load Palette button and select a .pal file

But:

1st) I see 16 colors instead of the normal 4 being used with a VPmachine (also wseen when pressing F1 when playing)

2nd) If I change 1 of the colors the display changes but when I press Save it won't save the changes to the opened .pal file : loading the .pal file again will revert to the original colors. (also tried with the Run as Admin option)

So... how to edit a .pal file and keep te changes?

Thanks

• Content Provider

The pin2dmd.exe is mainly used for real pinball machines.

1) 4 color machines use color 0,1,4,15 of the 16 colors palette.

2) Pal files are saved in the pin2dmd.exe directory only in offline mode with no active USB connection to your display.
In online mode it is saved directly to the SD card if present.

If you only want to change the 4 static colors you either use the pinmame colorize settings or the export function of the pin2dmd editor.

Thank you for that information, very helpful!

With this info I can do what I want now, mainly changing the background color from grey-ish to real black (like the pal in Dracula i.e.)

Nevertheless........ a kind of .pal editor where you can load a pal file and adjust the 4 colors (like the F1 menu)....I think it would be a very welcome little program for the VP users....

Some test info:

I did this: see the image

Color 0 = red, 1=green 5=yellow and 15 = white.    All others are pink.

So...saved palette and put it into CFTBL altcolor rom.  

first test: there should be no pink in the DMD.... Check :-)

2nd test: other colors should be visable: check : red = background, white = foreground letters and green&yellow do appear as well.

Strange thing however is that when I press F1 when the table runs these colors are not visable there. (see picture as well).

Editing colors in the F1 menu is also not very smart I guess because the next time you load the table it will load the pal file, overwriting the colors you changed. Yes you could delete the pal file and keep the colors as they are in the registry but when doing a VP re-install you will lose these settings as well.  (then you could export the registry and...well......long story).

So..I think a simple color editor would be nice but for me with your explanation it's fine, thanks!

pin2dmd - klein.PNG

• Content Provider

Just use it offline without the pin2dmd connected and you have your pal editor. Pal file will be stored in the pin2dmd.exe directory.
Maybe I will add that pal files are always saved if vpin is selected as device mode in the next version

• Content Provider

V2.39

general

- added support for pin2dmd editor V2.0 in firmware and dmddevice.dll
- automatically playback boot.fsq from SD on startup
  (sample in pin2dmd.exe folder)

virtual pinball improvements

- added support for v-pin export (not usable on real pins)

real pinball machine improvements

- improved Gottlieb support 
  V1 for machines from '92
  V2 for machine from '93-'95 (Shaq Attaq)
  V3 for later machines
- set default mode of enhancer to ON
- enter menu mode if any user button is pressed during boot

Well I should correct what I said. In fact the palette is correctly loaded when I put the panel back in the wpc95 pinball,

It's just the PIN2DMD logo and the palette displayed when the panel is powered on that don't show correct colors as before.

Thank's

• Content Provider

so if anyone else if having the issue I was of "ST Link not found", uninstall the driver windows 10 uses and download the one from the website and force windows to use the downloaded driver.

Archived