Pin2Dmd Colorprism V2.0 Firmware

lucky1

5 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Another idea ! Could it be that the tables use pinmame and you have use external DMD checked although you don´t want to use it ?

Good thought!

Checked it..but no. That's OK. So...Use external DMD is un checked when there is no DMD with the table (i.e. Fathom).

Also in PBX Fathom the Hide DMD option is unchecked.

But it's hard to get an idea about the diagnose: sometimes it's ok,  sometimes not.

I will revert to  2.37 and 2.39 and see how it acts as I can not remember having this problem in the past but will check.

Thanks for your support! 

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, lucky1 said:

There seems to be a data packet causing this to happen. We could record the USB traffic using USBpcap to see what packet it is.

OK.....I have no experience with this but I can install and make it work I guess..... so...give me some time to explore this and capture the data when things go wrong...

• Content Provider

It looks like, that the last Data stays on screen.
I had something like that in the beginning (not sure if its still there).
It happens a lot, when I have some DMD stuff under PinballX running, but the table has no DMD.

I fixed it with a start before in the PinballX Software.
PinballX execute a commando that pin2dmd.exe loads a blank screen, before VirtuallPinball starts.

Sascha

|Ok...I hope I did it right....

think I found out that the pin2dmd is on windows assigned usb port 1. Captured this port.

This is what the sequence was (and yes...it went wrong so the data must be in here...)

1) started capturing usb port 1

2) started pinballx, Fathom was already on the screen, the pin2dmd shows a good blue Bally logo

3) started this table and immediately after pressing start the colors change like the picture in a previous post

4) I wait for the table to load and come up (dmd still with the wrong colors as the table itself is a non -dmd table )

5) I exit the table 

6) machine goes back to PinballX, refreshing the display and showing the good blue Bally logo

7) I exit PninballX

8) I stop recording the usbport.

Data attached.   Is it something you can work with?

pin2dmd

• Content Provider

I finished my shield yesterday:D and tested the pin2dmd with the new software (v2.42), but when I put power on the pin2dmd it shows the logo and then blacks out. It won't show the code that it is supposed to do after 1 minute waiting.

I have tried the older v2.41 and that worked fine. After 1 minute waiting the pin2dmd showed the code.

Also with v2.42 I got really weird colors when I first powered the pin2dmd, there was a light red as background and the logo was light blue. After changing the colors in the onscreen menu it was back normal (black background and white logo). So my question: is there something wrong with the new version for new users, because the screen won't show the code?

I've attached a video showing what V2.42 does when I power the controller.

VID-20170916-WA0003.mp4

• Content Provider
22 hours ago, lucky1 said:

reset the settings to default and save using the onscreen menu when you use 2.42 for the first time.

Thank you:D. I couldn't have figured that out myself.

When I installed everything I was missing some good documentation. I still don't know what al the leds on the controller mean.

• Content Provider
16 hours ago, Rene368 said:

Thank you:D. I couldn't have figured that out myself.

When I installed everything I was missing some good documentation. I still don't know what al the leds on the controller mean.

Your right, we need to update the docs for 2.42.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I found the older 2.41, but i have problems still.. Slow screen refresh and flickering. But i think it has something to do with new vpinmame 2.8b or something with the dll's.. i cant get it to work properly.

if i quick install vpinmame  2.7 again not changing back dll's it works as it should.. so i have no clue.

• Content Provider

Update your dmddevice.dll !! 

The systems like pin2dmd firmware, dmddevice.dll, pinmame etc. go hand in hand. You have to make sure that everything is up to date.

We try to preserve backwards compatibility which means that newer pinmame/ driver versions should work with older VP versions but not the other way around.

On 16-9-2017 at 9:58 AM, lucky1 said:

O.K. it seems that it is the usb close routine which also resets the pin2dmd to default causes this.
I will see what I can do to avoid this.

Lucky, can I ask you what the status of this is?  Do you have enough information from me or do you need more USB dumps?

• Content Provider
7 hours ago, Joppnl said:

Lucky, can I ask you what the status of this is?  Do you have enough information from me or do you need more USB dumps?

I think I have enough info. We need to finish testing other things like 128x16 real pinball code and a new colorization method before the next release.

Lucky1:

Thanks it took a while for me to find the dll on your github, i'll try it later today.

UPDATE: it workedm with lucky1's  dmddevice.dll. 'now i just have one problem left.
befor vpinmame update i could chnge the palette in vpinmame stup, and set the colo i wanted for different roms. but i does not work now.
The settings in pin2dmd.exe does not change either even if i save the settings. It is a bright pinkish tone, with brown and red..

• Content Provider

@Lucky1 , just donated 10Euro for the Nucleo144 Board.
I just test the V4 Shield and there are some Problems right now.

one of them:
It is not possible to Flash the FW on the WiFi (ESP12-F), with the STM FW (the ESP is solderd on the Shield).

One of them is not FW related.
I received a RBG DMD and not a RGB DMD.
Is it possible, that you create a extra FW for my Display (or maybe for everyone), where you can select RGB or RBG in the OSD Menu?
That would be awesome.
Or just one special FW, where GREEN and BLUE is swapped.

Sascha

• Content Provider
9 hours ago, AndersE said:

Lucky1:

Thanks it took a while for me to find the dll on your github, i'll try it later today.

UPDATE: it workedm with lucky1's  dmddevice.dll. 'now i just have one problem left.
befor vpinmame update i could chnge the palette in vpinmame stup, and set the colo i wanted for different roms. but i does not work now.
The settings in pin2dmd.exe does not change either even if i save the settings. It is a bright pinkish tone, with brown and red..

You need to reset the settings to default in the OSD menu (hold any of the 3 buttons during boot) or use 2.41 with you discovery board.

Automatic reset if no settings are found will be added to next release.

• Content Provider
30 minutes ago, UncleSash said:

@Lucky1 , just donated 10Euro for the Nucleo144 Board.
I just test the V4 Shield and there are some Problems right now.

one of them:
It is not possible to Flash the FW on the WiFi (ESP12-F), with the STM FW (the ESP is solderd on the Shield).

One of them is not FW related.
I received a RBG DMD and not a RGB DMD.
Is it possible, that you create a extra FW for my Display (or maybe for everyone), where you can select RGB or RBG in the OSD Menu?
That would be awesome.
Or just one special FW, where GREEN and BLUE is swapped.

Sascha

Use color sequence setting in the OSD menu.

In circuit programming of the wifi is not currently supported. You may use wire bridges to connect the MAX232 to the ESP but I never tested this.

Archived