lucky1

Pin2Dmd Real Pinball Support

11 hours ago, lucky1 said:

Which ROM version do you run on your pinball machine ? 

VBobrusev is running 5.0

I upgraded to 5.0 before I installed the pin2dmd.

The problem is if you select Stern Whitestar it will NOT work.  The issues I was having which was that the stern whitestar setting were not the right setting for my stern whitestar machine! When I put the unit into my sega South Park(father company of stern also with whitestar boards) i put the settings to Data East Sega setting and it worked. As South Park was sega branded whitestar board machine is why I changed it to the Data East Sega option. and  I also knew that the display controller boards are exactly the same in the Stern TSPP and the Sega SP so I put the board back into my TSPP using the Sega settings and up it came.

I wonder what dmd controller the Stern Whitestar setting supports then as Stern's  next iteration i believe was the SAM system.

The Whitestar input was first tested on a Lord of the Rings. It was also confirmed to be working on a T3 and many others.
AFAIK Vbobrusev uses also Whitestar on his TSPP. The data structure is only slightly different between those two machine types.
Maybe you use a older display controller board ?

On 07/04/2017 at 3:19 PM, lucky1 said:

The Whitestar input was first tested on a Lord of the Rings. It was also confirmed to be working on a T3 and many others.
AFAIK Vbobrusev uses also Whitestar on his TSPP. The data structure is only slightly different between those two machine types.
Maybe you use a older display controller board ?

It is possible as the board was replaced with a rottendog. But what is the difference the output is the same and it does not matter to an original plasma screen. they are all interchangeable. 

2 hours ago, lucky1 said:

We don´t just display the data coming from a machine like a plasma does. We analyze and colorize it, That is a very big difference.

Maybe you can explain? It uses the same rom in the dmd contolller, its just a different version of hardware but it must adhere to some standard as its uses the same firmware which is what controls it? 

Thanks

IBJ

I am having an issue using Pin2DMD in my Sega Twister. I have Nucleo build with Pin2DMD firmware 2.58.

When I set it to Dataeast/Sega mode, or Stern Whitestar I get nothing but the Pin2DMD logo. I tried it in Capcom mode and it works, sort of. Only some of the shades seem to show, and the display is offset with a little bit of the left hand side cut off, and appearing on the other end of the DMD. See in the image attached that it says "Hoot Disc For 30 Million" with the "S" just stuck to the right hand side.

p.s. I have it set to orange in the attached photo.

IMG_20181005_233625.jpg