Help Needed Getting Sam Tables Up And Running

Johngreve

Hello all,

I'm new to this site and VP in general.....as I bought my cabinet late last summer. I have several pins and thought that a cabinet VP would compliment them perfectly. We all know the kind of real estate that arcade pins take up and VP is the perfect solution to play a bunch of tables that one would not otherwise be able to. I'm by no means an expert in any of this and can barely do what I want to do at this point. I'm able to download tables and b2s backglasses with little difficulty thankfully but to be honest getting the b2s glasses to animate really was a challenge for me. Of course once you do a few they become a breeze and you shake your head in utter amazement at how something that is so simple now was a huge obstacle only a few days ago.

Well....I have another mountain to climb....:)

I'm really stoked to see the newer Stern tables on this site so I'm interested in getting them up and running.

I've done as much research in the forums trying to find my answers prior to posting but I'm at an impasse.

To the point.

I have the ROMs, tables and b2s backglasses that came from a friends table. They all run properly on his VP cabinet.

I've downloaded the SAM PinMane version 2.21 yesterday and installed it in my tables folder. I've unblocked the .dll files. I'm running windows 7 and VP 9.9.1

When I try to load and run a table I get a " can't find game" message. From my research here I've found out that that means it's not seeing the ROM. This message comes up on all SAM tables.

I've gone into my Pinmame folder and tried to run the ROM in "test" however that ROM is not on the list. I've read that if the ROMs you are trying to run are not on the list that means you probably don't have one of the .dll files in the proper location. There is as far as I've been able to get.

I've also read that I need to re-register the VPinMame setup.exe again but don't see where to do that. That may be my only problem at this point yet?

So I think that I am very close but need someone to help drag me across the finish line.

Thanks for reading and helping!

Edit: I should have mentioned that the ROMs are located in this folder : Program Files/Visual Pinball/VPinMame/ROMs

Tables are located in this folder Program Files/Visual Pinball/ Tables

Thanks CarnyPriest....

I just edited my original post mentioning that I may have to do as you suggested......however in PinMame I click "setup" from the list but do not see any option like "install"

I must be looking in the wrong place.....where will I find the "install " button?

So the actual file that I copy into my PinMame folder is named "Sam vpinmame.dll?

I don't see that in my VPinmame folder......

• Content Provider

You have a VPinMAME folder already, with VPinMAME already installed

You download the VPinMAME.dll from this site (by arngrim)

You copy the VPinMAME.dll to your VPinMAME folder, write over the existing VPinMAME.dll

You click Setup in the VPinMAME folder

You click Install at the top

You play SAM tables!

Ok...let me type this as I go through it......things are changing for me since I've tried it last.

In my Visual Pinball/VPin MAME folder I now have VPinMame.dll copied to it. It is also "unblocked". I also copied the script file SAM to this folder. This file has no extension to it after it was unzipped. Not really sure it belongs here.

Also in that zipped SAM Pin MAME download was the file bass.dll. Where does that go?

Now when I go into VP and try to run POTC by hitting play I get the following message "The program can't start because the FTD2Xx.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem"

Yesterday when I did this I got the " can't find the table" message. I've deleted nothing since so I don't quite know what to think at this point.

Anyone have an idea where this FTD2XX.dll file can be found and where it goes?

Geez this is a struggle....

• Content Provider

Not sure how you were getting VPM tables to play without it, but maybe you need the full install which has Setup.exe included:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/440-visual-pinmame-full-install/

Install in your Visual Pinball folder.

then

You download the VPinMAME.dll from this site (by arngrim)

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2480-vpinmame-sampindmd-1-and-2unity-unified-version/

You copy the VPinMAME.dll to your VPinMAME folder, write over the existing VPinMAME.dll

Copy bass.dll to your VPinMAME folder

Copy sam.vbs to your Visual Pinball\Scripts folder

You click Setup in the VPinMAME folder

You click Install at the top

You play SAM tables!

While I'm trying to sort this all out, can any one tell me what the difference between Visual Pinball and Visual Pinball(x86) is?

I don't have Visual Pinball (x86) and am wondering what the difference is and if that is why I'm seeing different things than what you guys trying to help me are seeing in VPin MAME.

I have never seen anything on my computer like Visual Pinball (x86). Must be something different there.

I have had no trouble getting anything up to this point to run.

Thanks

Archived