Rescaling a db2s backglass.

wrd1972

• Content Provider

Okay I am almost done, and its looking great. But I am getting these void areas that are somewhat related to z-order. Problem is, I can wrap my head around how z-order is supposed to work. The range is 0-9, and I am assuming that the large GI snippets should be either 1 or 9, and the snippets in between.

Can someone please explain to me how z-order for the snippets works specifically where the GI snippets should be?

Thanks

image.png

18 hours ago, wrd1972 said:

Okay I am almost done, and its looking great. But I am getting these void areas that are somewhat related to z-order. Problem is, I can wrap my head around how z-order is supposed to work. The range is 0-9, and I am assuming that the large GI snippets should be either 1 or 9, and the snippets in between.

Can someone please explain to me how z-order for the snippets works specifically where the GI snippets should be?

I hope @hauntfreaks and @Wildman can step in here and explain some concepts ;)

Your backglass looks very vivid!

20 hours ago, wrd1972 said:

Thanks

first off the z-order is a shit show.... how it should work and how it does work are two different things
ok... so you must from the start, build the b2s with the layers in the order you want them in, changing nothing as you add them
when I mean from the start I dont mean, deleting the layers and starting over.... as for using the z-order, its always been hit or miss... @Wildman has better results with using it.... maybe he has some good input...

• Content Provider

@hauntfreaks

@Wildman

Assuming you use ALL snippets for ROM controlled lamps, GI and flashers. Would you start adding GI snippets first,then ROM controlled lamps, or vice versa? Then the flashers snippets?  What's the desirable order for the three types of snippets?

Assuming you snippets AND the lighting frames for flashers. Would you do the snippets first then the lighting frames, or vice versa?

Thanks for chiming in. :)

19 minutes ago, wrd1972 said:

@hauntfreaks

@Wildman

Assuming you use ALL snippets for ROM controlled lamps, GI and flashers. Would you start adding GI snippets first,then ROM controlled lamps, or vice versa? Then the flashers snippets?  What's the desirable order for the three types of snippets?

Assuming you snippets AND the lighting frames for flashers. Would you do the snippets first then the lighting frames, or vice versa?

Thanks for chiming in. :)

doesnt matter when you add the designers built-in lighting.... but with snippets I add the GI first... then any other snippet lighting.... then the snippet flashers last
one of the most complex b2s I built was Cirqus Voltaire, animated snippets behind alpha layers, and flashers on top of that.... was a real PITA and needed lots help from WM 

On 1/9/2024 at 7:52 PM, wrd1972 said:

Agreed. really trying to get the construction figured out first. I can easily go back and un-vivid the images afterward. :)

What I meant it is vivid colors, and I liked it...

• Content Provider
11 hours ago, jarr3 said:

What I meant it is vivid colors, and I liked it...

LOL. I was going to reduce that just a tad. But I could leave it also.