Corvette Wip

85vett

• Content Provider

Time to start on my next project.  I've been putting this off for a while to build some other tables.  I'm now ready to rebuild my Corvette table.  My old table was a FS conversion of a vp8 table that I cleaned up a bit.  With all the new features out there now I've decided to rebuild this table from scratch using the new features.  This should help make it look better, play better and perform better.

I just finished cleaning up the playfield.  Now it's time to start the table itself.

Here is a peak of the playfield itself.  Hopefully this one doesn't take me as long to build as some of my other tables but I'll keep on it till it's completed.

post-320-0-77289000-1387838465_thumb.jpgpost-320-0-55822600-1387838469_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Nice!! Like this table a lot.

Remeber it playing fast as hell IRL :D

Big time.  Going to do my best to recreate that feeling.  This is one of the main reason I decided to scrap my current corvette build and start from scratch.  Just didn't feel to play right.  Plus their are so many new features I want to take advantage of some of them.

• 7 months later...
  • Content Provider

No worries.  The file you found is the old version I made.

Here is where I am on the new version.  I'm sorry to say I have no clue how to get the cars to work correctly without using the old scripting that used kickers and looked really bad.  I'm officially stuck on this table due to that and also figuring out a way to get the engine to shake correctly.

1409023063.jpg

• Content Provider

What do the cars do and how does the engine move? Sorry never played this one so it's new to me.

The cars on the track will race.  Based off an action you take on the game they will move a set distance.  The engine will shake periodically during the game like it's being rev'd. In my other build I just used several walls and had it kick off with the flasher under the ramp (same as the VP8 table).  It's also supposed to shake a ball when you start multiball.  Thought about having a couple of magnets in there that would trigger with the flippers to try and help recreate that part. 

It's the cars that is the biggest problem though.

The "pit in" in front of the engine, does that represent the sink hole? or is that the 9 cars clustered in the middle ( I thought there were only 8 lost) ;)

I live not too far from the Museum so we had a lot of coverage on the local news.

That was a very sad day.  Last I heard was they are still working on fixing that hole too.

Don't quote me but I think they are planning to make it part of the exibit. I think they are planning to put glass over it and make it kind of like the old Los Angeles exibit in the movie Demolition Man where you can look down into the hole.  Knowing how prone we are to sink holes I wonder if it can ever be made safe, but last I heard it was partially open already.

• Content Provider

Feel like I'm going to start abusing you but I'll send you the WIP.  I'd like to wrap this table up too and get it released but didn't want to bug anyone to help script as I know ya'll are so busy with other tables right now.

• Content Provider

I don't mind at all.  I have not played most of these tables, so for me its new and interesting :)

FYI - kanario40 has Corvette table pics also if needed. PM him and he can send you the hi res pics.

• Content Provider

Think this one is pretty close.  Got the cars added and the engine shake to work thanks to gtxjoe.  Just as soon as the ball shaking works in the engine for multball I'll release it.  Other than that it's done.  been play testing it for a while now and I'm pretty happy with it's play.  Only other major changes graphically from the last image is the introduction of primative pops and gates.

P.S. - I do realize those are the wrong cars but I couldn't find any images of the right cars at the right angle.  Found this one and just colored them red and blue.

1410302525.jpg

• Content Provider

She looks great. I don't even know where to begin with the shaking motor other than a few magnets. Do you think that's possible? It shakes with the flippers, right? So if you tilt it right turn the magnets on the right on.. Then you don't actually move the platform that the balls are on, you just turn magnets on and off to sway the balls movement. Shit I make it sound easy but I've never even scripted a magnet myself. 

• Content Provider

She looks great. I don't even know where to begin with the shaking motor other than a few magnets. Do you think that's possible? It shakes with the flippers, right? So if you tilt it right turn the magnets on the right on.. Then you don't actually move the platform that the balls are on, you just turn magnets on and off to sway the balls movement. Shit I make it sound easy but I've never even scripted a magnet myself. 

Yeah, my thought was to script it to where there is a magnet on the left and one on the right.  The flippers would activate them but only when the control gate for the ZR1 engine is down.  Left flipper controls the left mag and right flipper the right.  gtxjoe gave me some script to try but I haven't been able to get it to activate.

Archived