ZeDMD 3.4.0

mk47

I spent a lot of time on ZeDMD and finally released version 3.4.0: https://github.com/PPUC/ZeDMD/releases/tag/v3.4.0

To leverage it new features it is required to Update DMD Extensions to 2.2.2 which hasn't been released yet. But I prepared a preview which could be downloaded from https://github.com/PPUC/dmd-extensions/releases/tag/v2.2.2-zedmd

Beside other improvements, the biggest change is that DMDext now uses the platform independent communication library libzedmd, which was already used by VPX Standanlone on other operating systems like macOS, Linux, Android.
A big advantage will be that we're now able to develop new features and to fix bugs independently from DMDext releases.

Another great improvement is higher speed and better colors for ZeDMD HD via USB.

I also created an alterative WiFi mode which allows to connect your ZeDMD via WiFi instead of USB. (The feature is brand new and not heavily tested, so it should be considered experimental.)

Here're two videos demonstrating a ZeDMD HD and a ZeDMD attached via USB in parallel and a single ZeDMD connected via WiFi.

thanks for the update. It works fine with VPX, but seems to fail with PinUp Popper.

Popper starts very slow and responds extremly slow, looks frozen.

After disabling DMD in PinUp Popper setting, all works fine again (now without DMD usage, of course).

PinUp Pooper uses DMDExt, I guess that the code used in the previous version of dMDExt is not compatible with the new firmware?

Would it be possible to compile and upload an updated version of DMDExt.exe as well, or is it better to return to 2.2.1 and 3.2.1, waiting for Freezy?

I could prepare a exe, but I recommend to wait for @freezy to accept my changes. I didn't setup the build chain for the exe or the installer and I don't want to make mistakes.

Another thing we need to be aware of is, that my build of the DLL also includes unreleased changes within DMDext itself, because my build bases on the development version. So errors might also be unrelated to ZeDMD.
My DLL is "only" a preview for testers and I only test with VPX and PPUC/libpinmame.
If it works there. it is expected to work with everything as soon as the next version of DMDext is released, because the plugin is the same for all kinds of usages for DMDext and simply implements the API of DMDext.

But thanks for the feedback! Let's test it again as soon as @freezy provides a (beta) build.