[New VPVR Alert]Megadeth (Original)

• Content Provider

Megadeth (Original)

The table works in 10.7 but I recommend 10.8, especially for VR.

Choose whether or not to use the pup pack and minigame or VR. All options are at the top of the script.

I hope you all enjoy it. Lots of love and passion went into this project by a large group of talented friends.

Optional:

If you would like to help support me in achieving a new work PC to keep bringing you new content. I am 2/3s of the way to my goal here

https://gofund.me/64406bbb

credcits2.png

19 hours ago, Sakurarozu said:

anyone tried the megadeth table having it to hang when it says loading scripts after turning on scorbit after saving it. this is latest gl of vpx im loading on. option in pup pack is 1.

VPinballX_GL-10.8.0-1828

I have had the table get stuck loading any time after I save it and then reload it. I don't know what the problem is.  Just making code changes works.

The other problem I am noticing is that the table stutters any time I plunge. It seems to happen when the ball passes under the green field

52 minutes ago, chaosslave51 said:

I have had the table get stuck loading any time after I save it and then reload it. I don't know what the problem is.  Just making code changes works.

The other problem I am noticing is that the table stutters any time I plunge. It seems to happen when the ball passes under the green field

yea i change one line and save it and it hangs

On 12/12/2023 at 10:07 AM, chaosslave51 said:

This is probably a VPX bug and not the table. I use 10.8 a recent nightly build

It is, and for me it's usually any tables with JP's code.  Editing them with 10.7 works fine but I haven't tried early versions of 10.8.  

I have an issue with the PUP using the option 6 config which says its for 2 screen.

The Music Video Intro / Overlay appears on top of the playfield instead of on the backglass. All my other tables work fine and screen assignment / settings are correct.

If I disable the PUP and re-enable the b2s backglass, it works fine.

Anyone can point me toward the most likely culprit ?

Display 1 = Main Play

Display 2 = Backglass / DMD inset

I really like the music and the video but I will just scrap it if I can't get it to work.  All the usual checks have been made such as resolution, scaling, etc.

Thank you in advance. 

megadeth-pup-issue.png

Just a Quick update in case anyone stumbles across this.

As an experiment I copied the Playlists,Screens and Triggers.pup configs within the /Config-Pup-Options folder for 'Option 6' into the root of the Megadeth Pup folder and now everything is working as I intended with some minor adjustments for the virtual DMD box.

I guess the bat file either isn't working on my system or perhaps it's got a minor syntax issue. But, be that as it may, if anyone has issues with this Pup after running the .bat for your preferred screen setup (either 2, 3 or 4screens, etc.) Then I recommend just going into the folder of the preferred options, and copying those pup files manually into

the root of your Megadeth Pup folder within /PUPVideos.

• 1 month later...
On 12/20/2023 at 7:58 AM, jwkramer61 said:

I have seen the ball get trapped a couple of times on the lower right playfield (jumps the ramp). I tired to get it to do it in manual ball control - no luck. It happens when the ball is moving pretty fast down the ramp.

megadeth.jpg

I just had the same thing happen to me last night. No luck getting it unstuck.