[New VP10 Alert] Royal Guard (Gottlieb 1968)_Teisen_MOD

Royal Guard (Gottlieb 1968)_Teisen_MOD

First I would like to thank Loserman76 for the beautiful work... wherever he is playing pinball!

small changes were made only aesthetically

small improvements in the playfield, plastics, lighting,flippers position...  I want to make it clear that the descriptions for the tables I'm sharing are "standard" for all, changes are made when there is a need for some adjustment.

version used, follow the link to the original table    

Adjustments made:

- Playfield color correction and touch-ups
- small improvement of plastics
- color correction of playfield lights
- cap bumpers colors corretion
- lighting
- metals
- screws
- new pov
- flipper adjustments
- target adjustments
- other small touches

Loserman Description:

Royal Guard
http://www.ipdb.org/...ine.cgi?id=2037
Build/Coding by Loserman76
Artwork by GNance

'*  hauntfreaks - newer postit note images, environment file, lighting information, primitives
'*  BorgDog - his tables that helped me to understand more with VPX - and I probably lifted a primitive or 2 from them as well
'*  GNance - score motor tweaks to behave like a real EM, PostIt routines, Options menu
'*  JPSalas - gameroom backdrop
'*  Pinuck - Gottlieb chimes and score motor routines
'*  Arngrim - DOF coding and information
when game is not in progress, holding down left flipper for about 3-5 seconds will bring up the options menu. left flipper selects item, right flipper changes option
in addition to the "standard" keys (typically "1" to start game and "5" for coin), I've added "3" for coin and "4" for coin and auto-start game to simulate 3 coin slots
Shadow config settings:
Look for these 2 lines near the beginning of the scripting:
Const ShadowFlippersOn = true
Const ShadowBallOn = true
change to false if you want either of the shadows not showing on your tables

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.  Thank you to all involved making this. I have one issue. see video. 

I moved the plunger back to try and compensate but all it does is make the ball fall deeper in the hole, but still bounces continuously. First ball will rest but any touching or movement of the plunger causes this effect. Subsequent balls also do this immediately upon entering the shooter lane. 

I feel maybe there's a wall missing at front of plunger? I don't know how it works,  just guessing. 

Edited by mikepmcs

This one needs to have two things fixed. The position of wall15 and the plunger. Pics attached. Edit with vpx 10.7.4 x64 and toggle to the playfield. 

Go to the Layers window below Properties and in the search box type wall15 and hit enter. You will see it highlighted on the table. Use your cursor keys to scooch it over to the right and up. You want to have the bottom of the "V" shape aligned horizontally in line with the gray cross which is the centerline of the plunger. Now move it upwards to just below the edge of the shooter gauge. If you click on the node as you see colored light blue and look on the Y position on the properties window you see I set it to 1680.765

Now click into the layers search box and type plunger, hit enter. Now it should be highlighted blue. Scroll the properties down till you see the x and y position values. I set the Y value to 1820 and it feels perfect to me. Save table and try it out. Pics below to help visualize the steps to fix. @teisen maybe this can be done in a future update? @mikepmcs hopefully you can do this on your own in the meantime

rg-wall15-select.jpg

rg-wall15-move.jpg

rg-wall15-move2.jpg

rg-plunger-select.jpg

rg-plunger-move.jpg

Edited by Cliffy

On 12/17/2023 at 3:01 PM, Cliffy said:

This one needs to have two things fixed. The position of wall15 and the plunger. Pics attached. Edit with vpx 10.7.4 x64 and toggle to the playfield. 

Go to the Layers window below Properties and in the search box type wall15 and hit enter. You will see it highlighted on the table. Use your cursor keys to scooch it over to the right and up. You want to have the bottom of the "V" shape aligned horizontally in line with the gray cross which is the centerline of the plunger. Now move it upwards to just below the edge of the shooter gauge. If you click on the node as you see colored light blue and look on the Y position on the properties window you see I set it to 1680.765

Now click into the layers search box and type plunger, hit enter. Now it should be highlighted blue. Scroll the properties down till you see the x and y position values. I set the Y value to 1820 and it feels perfect to me. Save table and try it out. Pics below to help visualize the steps to fix. @teisen maybe this can be done in a future update? @mikepmcs hopefully you can do this on your own in the meantime

rg-wall15-select.jpg

rg-wall15-move.jpg

rg-wall15-move2.jpg

rg-plunger-select.jpg

rg-plunger-move.jpg

So awesome, Cliffy!  Thank you for this. I'll definitely do this, this week. Appreciate the education as always.