[New VP10 Alert] Star Trek LE (Stern 2013)

• Content Provider

Star Trek LE (Stern 2013)

This version of Star Trek Enterprise Limited Edition is a re-upload from VPinball done by nFozzy (with his permission).  This vpx file dates back quite a few years now and represents one of the few tables that nFozzy authored.  nFozzy is primarily known for his physics works and other contributions that make the Visual Pinball software much more realistic.

The amazing part of this VPX version is that it looks and plays like something that would be released these days which is an homage to nFozzy's talent and it would be a shame not to have this version available for other VPin players to enjoy.

This version even uses early iterations of nFozzy's physics which are a bit different from a scripting basis but the results still feel just like any modern nFozzy physics implementation.

There were other authors mentioned in the VPX file which nFozzy credited: 

* EOStimer script taken from HMLF by Wrd1972 and Rothbauer
* Round flasher caps by Zany & Dark
* SFX by Knorr and Clark Kent
* Ballshadow routine by Ninuzzu

* Much thanks to JesperPark for targets, vengeance images and plastic scans

* Some redrawn playfield elements courtesy of Neofr45

nFozzy gave permission to add any upgrades which really were minimal as only Fleep sounds, a VR Room (thank you Sixtoe) and a few other small tweaks were made.  The game simply didn't need much to be improved but it got a few goodies added.

I want to thank nFozzy for allowing me to share this with the community and thank him for his contributions to the core of many Visual Pinball titles.

We're playing this in one of Smaug's tournaments right now and multiple of us have seen a weird bug with the DMD, where the animations slow to a crawl -- multiple seconds per frame -- tho the audio for the table remains the same. Still, it's a game-killing bug. Seems like it could be the ROM at fault? However, I had nfozzy's table on my setup for over a year and never remember seeing it. Worth mentioning, as there are multiple reports and there's even video of it (see @LynnInDenver's VOD).

Yeah, I'm betting that it's a vPinMAME error, actually. Might be a memory leak? I was running 10.8 Beta 1807-39824d6, vPinMAME SC 3.6-573-5d6459d. It only occurred after an hour of play, but I had to exit VPX to clear it. Started at 57:35. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1991691863. It also impacted the lights, notice how the mission lights just die when it happens. Audio still sounded fine, I just had the VOD muted. Obviously the table itself was still running fine, just the ROM emulation was lagging out. There was regular speed, then suddenly went into full slowdown.

5 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Run it with x86 platform. The atjit91 registry key needs to be enabled (which is default). Same issue that affects st le also affects twd.

https://github.com/vpinball/pinmame/issues/111

Holy crap, I'm glad they know what they're talking about.. Fortunately for all of us the Wizards are on it, so many thanks in advance to @toxie @mjr & @DJRobX for tackling this bugger. Love this community!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

Just recently noticed the Starship in the middle stopped shaking when I hit the middle target.  I’m currently on 10.8 RC2 with the latest Vpinmame.  I’ve re-downloaded the table and it’s still this way.  Does anyone have any insight on how to get it to behave like it should?  

Thanks in advance!