Ok Few Newbie Questions.....

ScubaMichael

So looking at my build right now, I am having a couple issues......

When I play a couple games, I am seeing a few lines around the ball when it hits bumpers and a few other things......Normal? 

Also, it appears I am running an old version of Hyperpin......I tried using the new version but unlike when I upgraded to VP915 it doesn't grab my stuff from the old version........is there a link to a tutorial showing me how to transfer my files, because I am not finding it. 

Sorry for being such a newbie.....just trying to get this all dialed in the the next couple days before I start to build the actual wooden cabinet parts and wire it all in. 

Thanks all.....

-Michael

BTW: just to give you background I am running the following in my cabinet.

Intel i7 3.4

16GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Vengeance RAM

120GB Kingston SSD

2 graphic cards both Nvidia.....gt440 and GTX 560   (with the 560 running my playfield and the 440 running my DMD and back glass)

Monitors: 47" Phillips, 32 Sylvania and a 19" Samsung

Mike,

As far as this: "When I play a couple games, I am seeing a few lines around the ball when it hits bumpers and a few other things......Normal?"

I'm betting you are downloading some of the newer tables which require the BETA 9.16/9.2 vpinball.exe. To make life simple copy your current vpinball.exe to another file (ie vpinball_org.exe) and download the latest vpinball.exe from vpforums and drop it in the same directory. Run the new vpinball.exe and load the same table that you see the lines around and they should be gone. (the latest as of this post is 9.2 r783)

Z

• Content Provider

Exactly it. Rename the new .exe to the name of the old one and replace it.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/2019-visual-pinball-nightly-builds-by-koadic/

There is only one Hyperpin version. I know I'll catch shit for this, but I use PinballX right now, and I'm very happy with it. It's a similar setup to Hyperpin, but more forgiving. I know the new remake of it is supposed to do everything but make toast, but like my company when they tell me a new truck is coming, I'll believe it when I see it.

PinballX.net

Forget it.....found my answer....duh

Ok........However, when I went to the Pinball Hall of Fame here in Vegas, they had a new Visual pinball cabinet in and it had a fancy load screen that was on hyperpin when games loaded.....is that something to add or is it just an option?

-Michael

I don't get any stock image when things are loading......I get a blank screen. 

When I go into a game, the screens go white....then the playfield and dmd come up and my back glass is last. 

Also when I exit out of a game back to the main menu, it also takes a minute and then sometimes I need to get my mouse and click on the screen to get it to let me use the menu again. 

Little glitches I am trying to get ironed out before I cabinet thing thing up.

Thanks again for any help :)

Ok....just did that......now my issue is when I quit a game, it shows the VP editor quit menu and I have to close that out.

Grrrrrr....fix one thing and another goes wrong :(

You need to change the exit key in Hyperpin to something other than ESC. Most people use "E" for exit key in HP settings.ini

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived