The Atarians (Atari 1976) Playfield & Plastics Redraw

Patrick2610

Here's my Playfield & plastics redraw of the Atarians (Atari 1976)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1m3qYDXv288hgxw2weEfd94C4M0mx4SYQ?usp=sharing

I started making this playfield and plastics redraw because I couldn't wait any longer for this table's VPX existence or no one talks about this table has existed on VPX or not so I give it a shot.

The redraw is based on dboyrecords VP9 table adjusted to the Table's Blueprint taken from the manual because It was the only PF with the greatest quality out there.

This is an OPEN resource so anyone can

1. Edit or adjust my PF and plastics because they aren't 100% accurate due to lack of good resources throughout the internet.

2. Use it on their VPX build

This is my second time redrawing a PF and a first time I'm redrawing plastics.

I also provide a PSD file on this Google drive link to edit or adjusted the Playfield and Plastics as accurate as possible.

I'm welcome for your feedbacks. Thankyou

Atarians_PF_4K.png

you did a great job

1.  a  few things are missing from the apron,  1st-4th player , game over, tilt and SPSA

unfortunately you picked a table with minimal documentation.

The VP9 version table I have was coded similar to an EM table.   All the rom IDs, Lights, SW # and Solenoid assignments are missing.

I got the table to start and figured out a few ids using this

I could not get the left and right kicker to work

if this table is built, it will need:

someone to decipher the Atari drawings from  the service manual

or

have someone that owns the table do a light, switch and solenoid test and record a video so that all the ids can be identified.

or 

better yet find a VP8 or VP9 table that was built using the rom.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4622vff5vadqgp1jtf481/Atarians.vpx?rlkey=miflax3oeyxedithbw0kz2hu5&dl=0

On 10/7/2023 at 8:12 AM, Pinballuser said:

you did a great job

1.  a  few things are missing from the apron,  1st-4th player , game over, tilt and SPSA

unfortunately you picked a table with minimal documentation.

The VP9 version table I have was coded similar to an EM table.   All the rom IDs, Lights, SW # and Solenoid assignments are missing.

I got the table to start and figured out a few ids using this

I could not get the left and right kicker to work

if this table is built, it will need:

someone to decipher the Atari drawings from  the service manual

or

have someone that owns the table do a light, switch and solenoid test and record a video so that all the ids can be identified.

or 

better yet find a VP8 or VP9 table that was built using the rom.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4622vff5vadqgp1jtf481/Atarians.vpx?rlkey=miflax3oeyxedithbw0kz2hu5&dl=0

Wiesshund (from VPF) currently making this table in a better version. He stated that some graphics parts of mine aren't really accurate and needs a bit overhaul for a proper VPX release

At The moment, I'm currently working between Time 2000 and Space Riders (don't know why these Atari tables are stuck in my head? lol)
You can DM me If you want to know what Table graphics that I'm planning to work on

Edited by Patrick2610

• 3 weeks later...