[New VP10 Alert] Attack from Mars (Bally 1995) g5k 1.3.11.vpx

Attack from Mars (Bally 1995) g5k 1.3.11.vpx

This version was updated by a couple of the legends from the VPW group;

fluffhead35 and tomate

Notes at the top of the script on changes since the last version 1.22. 

Any bugs or notes post to the comments and the guys will check and potentially update.

I'm pretty sure this is 10.7 but read the script.

Enjoy!

Fantastic update @g5k thanks! I was mentioning in my comments that this table is ok in 10.7 but with 10.8 x64 rev 1514 certain flashers blank out the cabinet sidewalls. Funny because Cirqus Voltaire is the only other table that does this too but CV does it no matter what version vpx is used. Hoping it's something that can be remedied for vpx 10.8 desktop users. Pic attached is show while destroying the saucer. Most GI turns off and the flashers come on and the cab walls disappear. The same thing happens at the SOL scoop sometimes.  Super thanks again!

afm-g5k-1.311-10.8-walls.jpg

On 10/1/2023 at 6:03 PM, Cliffy said:

Fantastic update @g5k thanks! I was mentioning in my comments that this table is ok in 10.7 but with 10.8 x64 rev 1514 certain flashers blank out the cabinet sidewalls. Funny because Cirqus Voltaire is the only other table that does this too but CV does it no matter what version vpx is used. Hoping it's something that can be remedied for vpx 10.8 desktop users. Pic attached is show while destroying the saucer. Most GI turns off and the flashers come on and the cab walls disappear. The same thing happens at the SOL scoop sometimes.  Super thanks again!

I don't know if this will help or not. But last night I was playing around with my 10.8 settings and I noticed that the side walls would disappear on me. If I had Super sampling turned on when I turned it off it never would disappear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2023 at 6:03 PM, Cliffy said:

How did you get side rails to show properly? Mine don't show right as if it won't overlay properly. see photo for example. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

afm.jpg

1 hour ago, Sandro said:

How did you get side rails to show properly? Mine don't show right as if it won't overlay properly. see photo for example. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

afm.jpg

His are primitives so not much you can do to manipulate them. So, I added my own and made his invisible

17 hours ago, Cliffy said:

His are primitives so not much you can do to manipulate them. So, I added my own and made his invisible

Thank you for the reply. I use an image for a backdrop to simulate the rails. After a bit of fooling around I managed to figure out which primitive to make invisible.

• 4 months later...

I'm having issues where AFM is the only table I'm experiencing screen tearing and lagging but only when attacking the saucer. It's not just this version either. I have a brand new gaming computer and no other tables have this issue. Any thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i have a 3080 gpu, I have over 90 tables I have never had any lag issues with any other tables however when hitting the saucer I get lag for a split second it slows down the ball while the graphics display I have followed the tips from line 120 and have disabled as much as I could but the lag when hitting the saucer still exists. Can anyone be kind to help me out here? I have reached out to the pinup popper group and it seems like I am not the only one that has lag when hitting the saucer. 

thank you! 

IMG_1693.jpeg

On 3/3/2024 at 1:14 PM, neko20 said:

I'm having issues where AFM is the only table I'm experiencing screen tearing and lagging but only when attacking the saucer. It's not just this version either. I have a brand new gaming computer and no other tables have this issue. Any thoughts.

I’m having the same issue!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Love this table, but was just playing this game for a hour or so and twice had the ball get stuck in the ship (of course it happens on decent games). Tried nudging and eventually tilting, but nothing. The table just went through a "ball search" routine.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there something I can do to help debug it? Thanks for any suggestions .