[New VP10 Alert] Star Wars Episode 1 (Williams 1999)

• Content Provider

Star Wars Episode 1 (Williams 1999)

You refer to the prophecy of The One who will bring balance to the Force. You believe it's this boy?

VPX 10.8 and VPinMame 3.6 Required

3D Anaglyph Screenshot generated using VP 10.8 GL w/ReShade; Red/Cyan glasses

About 4 months ago, I reached out to @xenonph for permission to mod his phenomenal Hankin's Empire Strikes Back table mod. After discussing our love of Star Wars, we decided to pursue a full version of Star Wars Episode 1 (Williams 1999), using ESB as the base. For those familiar with Episode 1, it was the second Pinball 2000 table, the first being Revenge from Mars. Pinball 2000 roms are not available and, to make matters more complicated, the table uses a mirrored playfield and graphics to create a hologram of sorts. While the hologram effect is very cool, we decided not to tackle it with this release, although it may be possible through a Pup Pack, or some playfield effects like we've seen with Wacky Races, Pokemon, etc.

However, instead of the holograms, @xenonph did something amazing...again. If you've watched videos of the original table, you'll hear music from the original trilogy. And sound effects like TIE Fighters. Well, that's not the case with our table-Duel of Fates? You bet. Call outs and sound effects from the Phantom Menace? Totally.

On behalf of my partner in creativity @xenonph, we hope you enjoy our tribute to Episode 1 pinball.

Playfield, 3D Models, Plastics, Backglass: @ryguy417

Music and sound effects, scripting: @xenonph

Desktop testing and improvements: @Cliffy

What's Included

Front-end Media: wheel, launch audio, topper image, topper video

StarWarsTPM music folder: drop this folder in your VPX "Music" folder

Table rom: included for those who don't have it

.res file: @Cliffy's desktop settings

Note: Use magna buttons to change lut

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 5:26 PM, MPTech said:

Is this intended to be a Desktop only table?

I launched this in my Cab and it's sideways/upside down.

Can it be flipped or should I look for a Cab version??   (I've never had to rotate a table before)

In the editor, click the backglass then check the table orientation. Should be 270, some folks save it as 0. 

• 2 months later...

This table is one of the greatest !

I had problem with VPX 10.8.0 beta 8 with this table.

Impossible to rotate the view to exploit my cabinet configuration! Nothing to do !

I have downgraded VPX 10.8.0 to beta 7 and beta 6 and it was the same problem.

Finally, VPX 10.8.0 beta 5 works fine !

https://github.com/vpinball/vpinball/releases/tag/v10.8.0-1347-3d585e7

enjoy...

v0rT3x

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DanLShane said:

My problem is with the backglass. The standard 2-screen B2S displays properly, but if I use the FullDMD version I only see the backglass with no scoreboard on my 3rd monitor.

did you run b2sscreenresidentifier.exe to assign the screens and save to a tablename.res?

2 hours ago, Cliffy said:

did you run b2sscreenresidentifier.exe to assign the screens and save to a tablename.res?

This is the only game that acts this way. I have already run the program to assign my three screens in general. Dows this table require a special assignment?