Main screen parallel to glass or at an angle?

Schappenberg

Hi all, I'm new in this community and I'm planning to build my own VPin. At the moment, I plan my table, and one thing is the placement of the main screen under the glass. I've seen a lot of tables with the 'official' angled main screen with a smaller gap between the screen and the glass in the front and a bigger gap in the back. On the other hand, I've read about the new software version 10.8 with the new POV settings and people talking about that now the angle and also the gap isn't necessary any longer.

I do not plan to add led strips between the glass and the screen, and also I do not plan to add a led panel at the back end.

So what do you think, what is a versatile way to build a VPin nowadays with 10.8, the traditional way or with the screen just below the glass?

Thanks a lot!

I've been thinking on this as well.  Looking at photos of both online, but not in person, I have to say angled seems better, with an LED matrix at the end.  Gives a depth to the table that flat just doesn't give, and I don't see how any POV adjustment could fake that.

As a counterpoint, i have an angled screen with a rear matrix. If i build a new cab, i will probably go for a flush playfield but still build in a rear matrix by adjusting the backbox accordingly. The new POV mode makes the angled playfield slightly redundant in my opinion but I still want a rear matrix. 

Edited by csdf27
Better language

Thanks a lot for your comments!

I've done a lot of construction work in the meantime and I think it will be the flush design, but with a gap between the glass and the screen, for a bit of air-flow and the possibility to cover the gap between the screen and the main cabinet, perhaps with a LED strip. There will be also some space for flashers or a (small) LED matrix at the rear side ...