[New VPX Alert]Transformers Pro (Stern 2011) v2.1 (DT-FS-FSS-VR)

• Content Provider

Transformers Pro (Stern 2011) v2.1 (DT-FS-FSS-VR)

Autobots roll out!

This great table has been in the hands of many before I touched it.
gtxjoe and freneticamnesic made the first version in VP 9.9.
JPSalas made the VPX version.
HauntFreaks made the detail mod.
UnclePaulie brought JP's version into VR.
SG1bsoN made the lighting mod based of HauntFreaks version.
And this mod started out as SG1bsoN's version.
It has branched off so much from the first VPX version.
JP also kept on updating and innovating his version.
So I decided to try to merge it all back into this VR-hybrid version.
I have learned a lot from the VPW Example Table and had so much help, guidance and feedback from the very best!

This table requires VP 10.8 RC3 and VPinMame 3.6-929 or higher when available to ensure the best gameplay experience and supports both 32 and 64 bit.
I would only recommend using released versions and try to stay away from the actions page because it seems like for every fix they got they also can break something else.
Only if you are having performance issues I'd carefully try one of those versions I don't recommend.
That's on your own risk to do so.

VR-Hybrid version by RobbyKingPin, TastyWasps, Retro27, HauntFreaks, HayJay, Nestorgian, fluffhead35 & DaRdog81

This mod contains the following improvements:

- nFozzy/Rothbauerw physics and Fleep sound with Rothbauerw standup targets
- VPW Dynamic Ball Shadows
- VPW Options UI with LUT and a great amount of customized items to choose like custom aprons, instruction cards, sideblades and speakerpanels
- PWM GI, flashers and inserts plus the option for non modulated lights and a failsafe if you don't use VPinMame 3.6, altough you really should because PWM is looking really good
- Flupper Domes, Inserts and Allspark
- Support for DT, FS, FSS and VR
- Compatible with the Standalone player
- 2 VR Rooms

Update v.2.1:
The older versions got broken by an update on VPinMame, all the PWM flashers were no longer being lit.
So this was very experimental when I started and updating it to the new norm brought many more problems, all JP's fading codes didn't work so all the inserts were all not responding correct any longer.
So I basically had to throw out everything and start over, so I did exactly that and much more.

Compared to the old version there is so much more stuff added like Flupper's 3D inserts and edited playfield with cutouts and edited primitives on the Flupper Domes.
The Allspark works like a Flupper Dome, new PWM on GI
All inserts now work automaticly with the power of the latest VPX 10.8, so this table no longer supports VPX 10.7 but is built to last for years now.
I also updated all nFozzy/Rothbauerw physics to the latest standards.
And I added support for FSS so all formats are now fully supported.
I reached out to our soldier DarDog81 to help me get a second VR room and he exceeded all of my expectations.
He added a massive battleground of a destroyed city where Optimus Prime and Megatron are duking it out for all eternity and some supporting cast as well really putting the VR experience to the max.
To me this is more than just a update, it's almost a total new game but this is my passion and I hope it shows.

Perfect pairing with backglass made by HauntFreaks.

Or perfect pairing for players who prefer the pup-pack made by TerryRed. This also works in VR replacing the original backglass.

Who did what on this project?

RobbyKingPin:
- nFozzy/RothbauerW physics,Fleep sound and VPW Dynamic Ball Shadows added (Updated v.2.1)
- VPW Options UI with LUT and a great amount of customized items to choose
- Flupper Domes plus extra options like the new PWM flashers added with help from Apophis (PWM requires VPinMame 3.6 but the table will still run in 3.5 on simpler modulated flashers)
- More light tweaks to more modern standards based on VPW's settings (Updated v.2.1)
- Added an extra trigger on the Allspark saucer to let the ball roll over at high velocity, thanks to gtxjoe for the tip
- Adjusted the height on a non working switch on the left ramp
- Left ramp adjusted height suggested by Apophis
- Right ramp slightly adjusted for cleaner shots suggested by Sixtoe
- Inlane speed limiters, code created by Wylte and copied from VPW's Johnny Mnemonic
- New ball image HDR and scratches based on VPW's tables
- Added new hit animation on Optimus Prime (v.2.0.1)
- Fixed a few sound issues, some were clashing with Fleep sound (v.2.0.1)
- Lowered the Mudflap and Skids targets (v.2.0.1)
- Flipper Collision Cradle code added (v.2.0.2)
- Fixed an issue with the ball release sound (v.2.0.2)
- Added and resized new custom sideblades with a primitive, new custom DMD/Speaker panels and a new custom apron (v.2.0.3)
- Created a new primitive for the 4th custom DMD/Speaker panel in high detailed and low poly versions (v.2.0.3)
- Fixed Fleep codes being too loud (v.2.0.3)
- Updated PWM on flashers, GI and Inserts and added 3D inserts and converted 1 pair of inserts and Allspark to work with Flupper Domes (v.2.1)
- Added RothbauerW Standup Target codes (v.2.1)
- Added new apron primitive from VPW's AD/DC and created a new custom apron on top. Added sidewood in the playfield cutouts. Converted png images to webp (v.2.1)

TastyWasps:
- VR Templates added, assets from UnclePaulie used.
- Changed light settings based on chokeee's settings on Elvis.
- Hotfixed the pincab rails giving issues in VR for some people (v.2.0.1).

Retro27:
- Custom VR cabinet with Tournament mode button and adjusted backbox.
- New textures for the cabinet.
- New Apron and new textures for the apron and instruction cards.
- JP's custom sideblades added.
- Tournament Topper and Custom Decal for the DMD/Speaker panel.
- Added new primitive for the final custom DMD/Speaker panel (v.2.0.3).

HauntFreaks:
- HQ Backglass image created.
- New textures for the VR room created (v.2.0.3).

HayJay:
- Slight tweaks to Optimus Prime area and Allspark saucer area.

Nestorgian:
- Fixing issues with balldrop sounds on the ramps.

fluffhead35 (v.2.0.1):
- Updated the hit events on the end ramps.  Changed the materials on both end ramps.  Adjusted right end ramp to be like left end ramp.
- Added Ball Drop sound on right ramp.
- Fixed the options menu from showing on the textbox, thanks to apophis.
- Added hit sound to metal wire below flipper.

DaRdog81 (v.2.1):
- Added VR Mega Room

Special thanks to everybody involved during development and testing: Smaug, PinStratsDan, Primetime5K, Hay Jay, gtxjoe, bietekwiet, Wylte, BountyBob, Nestorgian, fluffhead35, redbone, DarthVito.

Shoutout to Apophis, iaakki, jsm147, Sixtoe, Carny Priest,  Smaug, Peter Cullen, Christopher Collins, Scatman Scotters, Cliffy, SG1bsoN, HauntFreaks, UnclePaulie, JPSalas, gtxjoe, freneticamnesic, Draifet, Bord, BorgDog, ROM and Slamt1lt.

- If I didn't mention anybody else in this development cycle I am unaware of this and just know that I still think you are awesome and also want to say you rock!
- And basically everybody from VPW I didn't mention just for welcoming me into my new family, you all absolutely rock!

When I missed a credit please send me a message to fix the credits, don't be rude to throw in 1 star reviews for making a human mistake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I can't get version 2.0.1 to load. It hangs on Preparing table and Starting Game Script, both in 32 bit and 64bit of version 10.8.0.1367. Anyone else having this issue?

Edited by Rascal

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Content Provider

It looks like this is part of the Fleep Sound package, but looking at the code itself it feels like the ball is not getting released. Might be send to Narnia perhaps (vertical drop into the black void that never ends). Did you update VPX and VPinMame like I mentioned in the updated description? Do you hear weird sounds when loading the table perhaps?