Starting my journey into making Pup Packs. I'll need your help.

PIPAllah

Peace Y'all,

I feel familiar enough with the system to start making my own pup packs.  I've see much of the information online from Nailbuster and Terry Red.

My first of many questions is:

Do I need to Pup Capture from a desktop or can I do it from my cabinet?  Been at it for awhile this morning and I can't get it to capture on my cabinet.

Before you ask, showdmd=1

DMD Colors set to basic

3 screen setup with DMD on screen 3

Any help in this journey will be much appreciated.

Peace,

The project is moving along nicely (it's a slow process).  I'm looking for someone with experience making 3 and 4 screen underlays to assist with this project.  I tried contacting Joe Gandy but his account is not accepting messages at this time.

If anyone is interested please let me know (add on to the thread or message me).

It depends what puppack your making?. If you need assistance I'll gladly help you. Depends what your after, and how you would like it to look. I've got default overlays and could make you something nice. But it just depends on your taste and skill of making the puppack. I'm inexperienced in the triggers ect.. I was working with gman77 on predator and then Joe gandy made the rest as he's on his pupper journey, if I can help somebody else I will.

PEACE

20 hours ago, Vecna said:

It depends what puppack your making?. If you need assistance I'll gladly help you. Depends what your after, and how you would like it to look. I've got default overlays and could make you something nice. But it just depends on your taste and skill of making the puppack. I'm inexperienced in the triggers ect.. I was working with gman77 on predator and then Joe gandy made the rest as he's on his pupper journey, if I can help somebody else I will.

PEACE

Peace,

I'm making a pup pack for "Maverick."  It's based on the movie images, not the backglass for the table.  I'm also using the movie font.  My setup is 3 screen so I'd like an underlay with a window at the bottom for topper callouts.  Going forward I'll be making or asking for volunteers to make an animated FULLDMD with movie image and/or font.

My understanding of triggers comes straight from Terry Red, Nailbuster and Trochjochel.  I've got the mechanical parts of the pup pack under control myself.  What I need help with is the alphas, underlays and fulldmd (computer graphic skill is not my forte).  I'm not looking to make a basic pup pack.  Mine will be a work of art and worthy to be used with a VPW table.  Any artwork you want to present, please use your creative genius.  All I ask is that you use the movie font (which I will provide if you want it), and images based on the movie.

If you or anyone else wants your name in the credits I'd be happy to have you.

P.S.  Just watched the movie again last night so I ready to start making the videos.  I'd like to have them and the triggers all done this weekend.

I don't want to be credited its fine. On your first release you do the credit to yourself. I know the movie, Mel Gibson and Jodie foster. Go into my overlay folder and choose 1

https://mega.nz/folder/IbBCAaQC#bMp_akUV_rbGu0-2_NDKxw

Tell me what you would like to see and what's on your thoughts for it. It can be a public project to get you going then after once your in the water paddle yourself.. ask gman77 he is knowledgeable and a good guy to work with. Never had work with anybody else here. So I can't point you in directions. But the chucky puppack is a masterpiece. Maybe contact that author. And another puppack maker. Teamtuga just released stranger things4 they are up there with vpw but puppack makers. So they will be good. Some don't like direct contact. Balituo never responded to me, Terry red neither so if you don't get replies don't sulk and give up. Just use it to do better and not worry. Some people once they get going have helped so many people drains them after a while I suppose. 

I can help you but I want you in control of the look. 

On the triggers and mechanics of it

I'm useless sorry

49 minutes ago, Vecna said:

I don't want to be credited its fine. On your first release you do the credit to yourself. I know the movie, Mel Gibson and Jodie foster. Go into my overlay folder and choose 1

Peace,

1d or 1p (they look the same to me).

You've been very kind to me so you've already earned a shout out in the credits....... sorry.

The movie logo at the top, character images on the sides.  They can be live action or cartoonish.  Really, it's up to you regarding the look.  When it's done you should be able to look at it and say "that looks awesome."

OK they do an app called cartoonize or one of them to bring effects to images I'll have a proper look tomorrow I'll make one overlay for you and you can see if you like it. If not you can decline and move on I won't take offence. Call it an apology for jumping down your throat about the vpw post. This is already a community of people who don't want others to do well I just saw it as an attack. Vpw rock, and I love they there reputation stays good. Anyway that aside I'll use your information and try to make something for you. I hope this project goes well for you and if not I'm sure you'll learn new things anyway so nothing lost.. 

34 minutes ago, Vecna said:

OK they do an app called cartoonize or one of them to bring effects to images I'll have a proper look tomorrow I'll make one overlay for you and you can see if you like it. If not you can decline and move on I won't take offence. Call it an apology for jumping down your throat about the vpw post. This is already a community of people who don't want others to do well I just saw it as an attack. Vpw rock, and I love they there reputation stays good. Anyway that aside I'll use your information and try to make something for you. I hope this project goes well for you and if not I'm sure you'll learn new things anyway so nothing lost.. 

I'll produce you something tomorrow and then you can lay into me haha

Peace,

No biggy about VPW.  I'm not mad at folks for being tight about info.  They have no reason to disclose info if they don't want to.  I see people regarding helping me in my efforts, the same way.  No one has to help me and I don't feel as if I'm entitled to insight from anyone.  If people help me, great.  It will make my determined idea easier to bring into existence.  If no help comes my way, I'll still get to where I'm going........ it will just take longer.  Failure is not an option so I'm sorry if I disappoint the haters.  Better yet F#$@ em.

I'm mentally grounded so I will always live out the change I desire to see in others.

Naw..... I don't take any assistance for granted.  I'm an excellent communicator so I'm sure we'll agree on a concept and make it happen.  The only limitations here is our skill to make an idea real with the tools and knowledge we have access to.  I've never done this before but with all the training videos I've looked at over the last month along with all the pup packs I've combed over, I know I can do this.

And contact you will a link to view or share here publicly. Get some tomatoes and apples maybe people want to throw something at some (s##t) but I'll do my upmost to get the best result for you

Disclaimer: if this is pants. It's on me not you haha

Peace,

HA HA HA!  You got jokes.  Take your time my man, no pressure.  This is gonna be good stuff.  I got the owners manual and started pup capturing.  Between the two, there's a lot of stuff here that could be put in the pup pack.

Art is subject to change.

This will give you some inspiration to work on your puppack. I did use 1a in my overlays. Because it had more room for art to the right and I thought a good example to start I can change the overlay and art look. This is just to show you how it can look. I can add pokerchips, horse and carriage running. Tnt dynamite for the era its in.. alot of cool effects if you choose a video overlay like the stranger things one.. instead of having a static image overlay you could have moveable mp4 effects video. I hope this will now motivate you to move forward and when you are close to finalisation of clip edits. Send me what overlays you chose and I'll make those as either a static png custom overlay or mp4 dynamic graphic movable...

34 minutes ago, Vecna said:

I do not work on final product. 1 overlay is a weeks work. So when you are ready let me know. This is a 2hr mockup.. enjoy. Just what I could make in the time I have

Peace,

My man.  That looks good so far.  You took my intro video....... ha ha.

Peace,

The blu-ray I have is an anamorphic widescreen so if I get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom the video will fit nicely in the dimensions you're using.  I'm thinking we should go with a static png overlay.  If you move Jodie Foster and the Maverick logo more to the right, you can then make a space on the left for the topper callouts.  You can make the surrounding artwork as busy as you like........ add all the artwork you want.  If you make Mel Gibson's head a bit smaller, you can put the Lauren Belle above him.  I think it would be cool if you can find a place to put Angel's Derringer in there as well.

The ball is rolling.........

Edited by PIPAllah

It's just the standard trailer if you would like a HD special intro I could help do that also. Your main focus should be on working mechanics. Cosmetically anything goes. Let me know if you have success on balldrops ect.. work on the hardest first then the easiest. Because if you do the hardest first it will put your goal and project in a better timescale perspective were as if we do all the art and goodies you will be upset

So take this pre prepared salad

And when your ready ill grill you a steakTEST.thumb.png.d80a6b6751444ba5bd4e56dcc02ff3ce.png

https://mega.nz/folder/pLASVZpC#euE7uyfkWtTeVNNgJYq37A

15 minutes ago, PIPAllah said:

Peace,

The blu-ray I have is an anamorphic widescreen so if I get rid of the black bars on the top and bottom the video will fit nicely in the dimensions you're using.  I'm thinking we should go with a static png overlay.  If you move Jodie Foster and the Maverick logo more to the right, you can then make a space on the left for the topper callouts.  You can make the surrounding artwork as busy as you like........ add all the artwork you want.  If you make Mel Gibson's head a bit smaller, you can put the Lauren Belle above him.  I think it would be cool if you can find a place to put Angel's Derringer in there as well.

The ball is rolling.........

Art is not the issue.. you can have whatever the capabilities of your mind thinks. No problem. the issue is the video edits. If it's bluray the quality may be 4k. If that's the fact it will glitch on a 1080p monitor. Don't crop the aspect of the footage either, keep it and I will adjust the overlay to fit. Send me a video clip in my inbox and I will add an overlay over the top and see where we go from there. I understand dmd and other things need to be taken into account. So the logo is a shambles being there. Mels head is big because I used a cartooniser effects app to bring artist and drawn effect to the image so i made it big to show off that effect. All the images were output the same way. Don't look at this overlay as your end goal. It's a starting line. The finishing line will be true 1080p visuals, crisp overlay and a great puppack. But I'll do the overlay if need be. If Joe gandy gets in contact and says he can do better then great. If others say other things great. I'll make what I can do. If your happy use it in the final result or use what you like. But clip placement and mechanics need sorting first. But my overlay help is your if you need it

Peace

Peace,

Naw, by the time I'm done with the videos they will be 1080p quality.  I'm using the blu-ray as a source.  To avoid any VLC glitches I'll run the videos through Terry Red's video standard script.

Edited by PIPAllah

21 minutes ago, Vecna said:

Send me a video clip in my inbox

Peace,

Last time I tried to send a file via the inbox, it wouldn't let me.

I'll make a 3 second video tonight (since 3-4 seconds seems to be the pup pack standard) and post it here.  When the haters see what we're doing, they'll know we're not playing.

There's no haters here. Just people who are on there own level and ways they do things. Don't worry. It's for everyone anyway. This won't change the world if it's a screw up at least we tried and failed together haha

Peace,

No stress involved on my side.  It will get done when it gets done.  Failure is not an option so it will get done.

There's always haters........... I don't sweat them regardless.

Pup Packs are always a community project (who looks at a pup pack while playing the pinball table?)  I don't get to see them unless someone else is playing or I'm looking at a video (which I have several).

This will turn out fine.  I just can't forecast at the moment how many bumps in the road there will be.  Maybe plenty and maybe none.  I'm voting for none.  Let's see how that turns out....... ha ha.