Sands of the Aton - Original VPX Creation will be Releasing Soon!

DAMONRA

Hi Guys,

Just keeping everyone in the loop that the "Sands of the Aton" table is in the final testing and finishing stages, and will be releasing soon.

I started this table in the early fall of 2022, and this is the first table that I have designed and built using Visual Pinball Software.

The goal was to create an originally themed 1988 to 1990 style pinball table, and I believe that goal was met.

When I hit a roadblock in scripting the table, the Godfather JP Salas himself stepped in to assist, and helped me bring this project to fruition.

Attached is a quick trailer for the Table. I hope you all enjoy it! Cheers, D

You will notice that outside of a minor alteration to the logo, I kept the Apron from the table editor in the final table. This aesthetic choice was to let everyone know that this table was designed and built in Visual Pinball Software, by a VPX fan, Coded by a VPX Master, for the VPX Community! It will be yours to enjoy soon....

• Content Provider
3 hours ago, DAMONRA said:

Apologies. Totally my fault. I'm newer to the forums. I won't post anything else.

No need to go nuclear!  You could ask an admin if they're able to move it to "Works in Progress" or you could re-post it there yourself.

I heard about this a bit ago, I think from Smaug? I was excited to play it and thought it was a neat sounding original table and idea. Glad to see progress has been made and it will be released soon! I look forward to playing this :).

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to create this! And thank you JP Salas as well, for everything you do in this hobby. A great leader who is always willing to lend a hand or assist.

Keep pinballing,

Zuxif

This table is extremely well done!  So many clever features like the "cactus canyon like" pop ups, magnet quicksand, multistage ball locks, pop bumper skill shot, multiple multiballs, it even has an old school Zale wiggle lane.   The sound track is great and the table theme is consistent throughout design.  I really dig it!

BTW I'm stealing the flex DMD scripting from this table to add that to my EM's with the thought that it can display artwork on real DMD's during game play since these cannot display the B2S DMD artwork to the best of my knowledge.

On 6/21/2023 at 9:30 PM, scottacus said:

This table is extremely well done!  So many clever features like the "cactus canyon like" pop ups, magnet quicksand, multistage ball locks, pop bumper skill shot, multiple multiballs, it even has an old school Zale wiggle lane.   The sound track is great and the table theme is consistent throughout design.  I really dig it!

BTW I'm stealing the flex DMD scripting from this table to add that to my EM's with the thought that it can display artwork on real DMD's during game play since these cannot display the B2S DMD artwork to the best of my knowledge.

Good, because you are coding my next table and it is an EM! ;)