Looking For Permission To Post A Mod Of Bob5453

Itchigo

• Content Provider

I have a mod I made for myself, but I'd like to share it with all you guys. The problem is, it isn't my game.

What I did was take the full screen version of Bob's Dragon and make a Directb2s for it. I think I got it looking good, the sun shines in through the opening on the left and looks awesome.

Bob if I could have your blessing please, I'd like to upload this after I fix the credit window..

post-4-0-49490100-1383442650_thumb.jpg

I don't think so Itch. Maybe someday I will rotate it and add db2s, but not now. You are welcome to use the table as a template, just change the artwork and add your own theme and release it as your own table, I have no problem with that on this table as it is really a template I made as an example of how to build a table. Thread is at VPF where I just threw some stuff on my template and built this simple table in a couple of days.

The reason is if I give permission for someone to release a mod, then I lose control of my own original table, you could then allow someone to mod your version, they in turn change stuff and allow mods and on and on. If it was a recreation I would probably allow someone to do whatever they wanted, I know it sounds crazy since I just stole the artwork off the internet, but it is sort of like my baby and I don't want to give it away.

• Content Provider

Bob I totally understand, it is your baby. That's why I asked first. No problem at all.

The artwork is what's doing it for me. I think you got some great stuff for that one. I see that layout more as a SS table though. I'll keep it for myself.

Thanks Itch. You are a nice guy too. :)

To  Loafer and Spektre, I was trying to say no in the nicest way I knew how. I don't like the angle/layback settings, it doesn't have the newest png image plastics edging, needs the rails removed, it's not the latest version that I have, the backglass wasn't made by me or Itch, so how can I give permission for it to be released in a mod. I could create a DB2S of this table in about an hour, so why would I need someone to do a mod of it if I was interested in cab version being out there. The last 2 DB2S tables I have released brought no reaction from anyone, I took that as a silent nod as we don't need your low res stuff on our cabs. If people want authors to keep releasing then they have to comment, last thing I need is to be grouped with Faralos.

Let's see if this works.... Links to VPF download list of my releases there, many clunkers. :)

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&mid=519&userMode=all&search_app=downloads&search_app_filters[downloads][searchInKey]=files&search_app_filters[downloads][files][sortKey]=title&search_app_filters[downloads][files][sortDir]=1

I do have one DB2S FS table here. Super Vs Ali, it is included with Wildman's backglass that he made for it.

Hold on there gramps ;), just so its clear, I was not questioning on reasons to give in to a mod request. That is your choice and yours alone to make and no reasons are necessary. I was only commenting on the issue of a "mod of a mod", it could be a real issue and I am not sure how this site views this, so I asked.

For the record, I find some of your tables really fun. I have played the Beatles table a few times, mars attack is great, Daffy Duck is pretty cool, of course spider-man is a classic and I though dragon was a nicely done table. all your tables are extremely playable and although they may not have the flash of oher authors, they are all FUN to play. If you so ever make a db2s version of Dragon, it will be played. I won't lie and say if you make a db2s I will put it on the cabs because FYI, its all ready on the cab. :)

• Content Provider

If people want authors to keep releasing then they have to comment,

I agree 1000%. Let's have more participation please. Even if you can't make anything. Comment on what you like, or don't like.

Loaf, I don't see any reason I couldn't share it privately with you. Just not publicly.

Bob, I just thought it was cool is all.

I wasn't scolding you Loaf. :) You know I think you were the greatest admin VPF ever had and you did it all for free. Good times back then. I miss PacDude. I don't get excited too much about VP anymore, it's great, but the people, not so much, they have changed the fun high schoolish arcade atmosphere of pinball into more of a serious hobby environment and I hate to be serious about anything in life. 

Bob, I have all your tables that I could find or make a BG for on my cab with the exception of the Beatles. Those were nice tables but I must admit I really don't like the Beatles.

I like the ones I have very much or I would not have them.  On a lot of the older tables I went back and got after setting up my cab I did not post comments and thank yous for.  I try to do that for every new table I download but I must admit that I sometimes get caught up in playing the tables and neglect to thank every single author for every single release.  That does not mean that I don't appreciate all of their hard work.  I enjoy playing and sharing with friends tables that we would never have the opportunity to see or play with out everyones hard work at creating all this crazy software. Just as with the MAME creators and authors you allow me to relieve a part of my past that I thought long gone.  A simpler time spent with friends who too have faded into the past. Most importantly, I have been able to get my kids interested in sharing with me my past and what those arcades of yesteryear meant to those of us from that generation.

So if you or any of the authors feel your work is not appreciated, i for one say that is simply bull. 

Thanks Itch. You are a nice guy too. :)

To  Loafer and Spektre, I was trying to say no in the nicest way I knew how. I don't like the angle/layback settings, it doesn't have the newest png image plastics edging, needs the rails removed, it's not the latest version that I have, the backglass wasn't made by me or Itch, so how can I give permission for it to be released in a mod. I could create a DB2S of this table in about an hour, so why would I need someone to do a mod of it if I was interested in cab version being out there. The last 2 DB2S tables I have released brought no reaction from anyone, I took that as a silent nod as we don't need your low res stuff on our cabs. If people want authors to keep releasing then they have to comment, last thing I need is to be grouped with Faralos.

Huh? what did I do now?

Archived