[New VPX Alert]Dragon's Lair (Mods)

Dragon's Lair (Mods)

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to thank JpSalas for the permission and also a few members of MTC and VPNation for testing.

A Big Thank to JMx for all Graphics.

This Table works only with puppack. Three choices : 2screens with DMD on BG, 3 screens with full DMDand 3 screens with real DMD

Dragon's Lair is the first table with QtE (Quick time Event) based on the arcade game.

You must save the princess Daphne with different quests.

To Access the quest, you must hit the gate in middle of the playfield

Let run the quest at the end and you have three choices: left(left flip), right(right flip) and sword(launch ball).

After 6 quests successfully done, you have the Super Quest with two scenes.

To make Multiball, go to the left and to the right ramp and go to the center hole.

This is my first script, be indulgent.

Change value if you like

Const EnablePupPack =True ' Don't change
Const EnablePupDmd = True'  Enable PupPack must be true if this is set to true

Const EnableFlexDmd = False 'Choose True to Enable Pupppack with FlexDMD
Const FlexDMDHighQuality = True ' True DMd 256*64 or False Dmd 128*32
'**************************
'   PinUp Player USER Config

dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType =0   ' 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale =1    ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling.  Choose which one you prefer.
dim useDMDVideos    : useDMDVideos =true   ' true or false to use DMD splash videos.
Dim pGameName       : pGameName="dragonlair"  'pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworld

puppack link: https://mega.nz/folder/l8ZBUTbC#vRBRS1scHCe37NikE031ig

Enjoy !

Français:

En Premier, je voudrais remercier JP Salas pour la permission et quelques membres de MTC et VPnation pour les test.

Un grand merci à JMX pour tous les graphismes.

Cette table ne fonctionne qu'avec le Puppack

Dragon's Lair est la premiere table avec QTE et basée du jeu d'arcade.

Vous devez sauver la princesse Daphné avec différentes quêtes.

Pour accéder aux quêtes, vous devez toucher la porte au milieu de la table.

Laisser jouer les videos jusqu'à la fin et vous avez trois choix: Gauche(flip gauche), droite (flip droite) et Epée (bouton launch ball)§.

Après avoir réussi 6 Quêtes, vous avez la super quête avec 2 scènes de suite.

Multiball, Allez sur la rampe de gauche et de droite et mettre la bille dans le trou en haut de playfield.

C'est mon premier script comlet, soyez indulgent

Bon amusement.

Lien pupack: https://mega.nz/folder/l8ZBUTbC#vRBRS1scHCe37NikE031ig

Do I need to do something special to get the PuP Pack to run? The settings are exactly as shown here...

Const EnablePupPack =True ' Don't change
Const EnablePupDmd = True'  Enable PupPack must be true if this is set to true

Const EnableFlexDmd = False 'Choose True to Enable Pupppack with FlexDMD
Const FlexDMDHighQuality = True ' True DMd 256*64 or False Dmd 128*32
'   PinUp Player USER Config

dim PuPDMDDriverType: PuPDMDDriverType =0   ' 0=LCD DMD, 1=RealDMD 2=FULLDMD (large/High LCD)
dim useRealDMDScale : useRealDMDScale =1    ' 0 or 1 for RealDMD scaling.  Choose which one you prefer.
dim useDMDVideos    : useDMDVideos =true   ' true or false to use DMD splash videos.
Dim pGameName       : pGameName="dragonlair"  'pupvideos foldername, probably set to cGameName in realworld

...and I have placed the pup files in the PUPVideo folder "dragonlair". Am I missing something?

I need a hand. I've a 4-screen setup - main playfield (ALP), backglass (ALP), an LCD DMD between them, and a topper monitor sitting on top of the backglass. Everything is working but some of the PopDMDDisplay events seem to be using a font that's about 10 times too large. I've tried many, many, many iterations of the DMD options in the script but nothing affects this issue without changing other things that aren't broken. "High Scores," for instance, doesn't display properly; but, "Player 1, Ball 1" does display properly. Any advice? 

58 minutes ago, gregmmurray said:

I need a hand. I've a 4-screen setup - main playfield (ALP), backglass (ALP), an LCD DMD between them, and a topper monitor sitting on top of the backglass. Everything is working but some of the PopDMDDisplay events seem to be using a font that's about 10 times too large. I've tried many, many, many iterations of the DMD options in the script but nothing affects this issue without changing other things that aren't broken. "High Scores," for instance, doesn't display properly; but, "Player 1, Ball 1" does display properly. Any advice? 

it's easier to enable the flexdmd option and get that looking right.

So I believe I have everything set up right the only thing I'm noticing is that before I start a game, I'm not getting the introduction video in my back glass. It looks like it's about to start and then it goes blank, but I hear it.  I'm able to get everything else on there like the back glass image and the pup videos. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Edited by mlevant1965

28 minutes ago, mlevant1965 said:

So I believe I have everything set up right the only thing I'm noticing is that before I start a game, I'm not getting the introduction video in my back glass. It looks like it's about to start and then it goes blank, but I hear it.  I'm able to get everything else on there like the back glass image and the pup videos. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Yes its been discussed in the comments section. In summary you need to edit the puppack and change backglass videos from forcepopback to show.

32 minutes ago, Cliffy said:

Yes its been discussed in the comments section. In summary you need to edit the puppack and change backglass videos from forcepopback to show.

Actually it's weird but if you wait for it to start up the second time it plays. I think something happens when the game loads up

Okay please forgive the stupid question. So I downloaded a full DMD with score block and put it in my pinup popper for full DMD. When I start a game I get a default dragon's lair image. Not the castle image, but the greenish type image.

I went into popper and put on always display but that doesn't seem to work. The green image is always on top. How can I fix this so the full DMD I downloaded appears. Thank you.

• 10 months later...

Great table and fun to play, thanks for that.

Anyone else here having the problem, that the puppack keeps running after table exit? Tried different things in tbale script but they didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...