ALMOST Full 64 Bit Setup…

RichTX

I have BBB running in 64 bit mode, boy is it awesome.  I have found a problem though.  vpinmame64 doesn't seem to remember the colorize option after I change it during a game, F1, tab down to the option, hit space, tab down to save, but it is unchecked next time I run it.  Any ideas.  I don't see any registry location for the PinMAME64 vs 32.

I have a .PAL file I want to use with BBB.

21 minutes ago, slydog43 said:

I have BBB running in 64 bit mode, boy is it awesome.  I have found a problem though.  vpinmame64 doesn't seem to remember the colorize option after I change it during a game, F1, tab down to the option, hit space, tab down to save, but it is unchecked next time I run it.  Any ideas.  I don't see any registry location for the PinMAME64 vs 32.

1 - Do not have full screen exclusive running when you're doing it
2 - Try doing it from the VPinMame setup
3 - Try doing it from the 32 bit version

16 minutes ago, slydog43 said:

Check the script file, they are overriding the setting in there:

If ColorDMD = 0 Then
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_colorize") = 0
        ElseIf ColorDMD = 1 Then
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_colorize") = 1
            '100%
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_red") = 0
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_green") = 255
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_blue") = 66
            '66%
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_red66") = 0
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_green66") = 195
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_blue66") = 235
            '33%
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_red33") = 125
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_green33") = 15
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_blue33") = 172
            '0%
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_red0") = 0
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_green0") = 14
            .Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("dmd_blue0") = 28
        End If

For me everything went well, except B2S Server.

x64 or x86 version, doesn't matter - it starts up then seems to crash as soon as the rom finishes booting. VPX and DMDExt are still running fine.

Old version of B2S I had works fine though...

I tried a few tables with 64bit. All things (colorisations, pup packs, altsound...) works great so far except the forbidden one needs to be open with 32bit version. So I'm thinking to go with the 64bit as default, and if needed 32bit as alternate launcher...

21 minutes ago, plahta said:

I tried a few tables with 64bit. All things (colorisations, pup packs, altsound...) works great so far except the forbidden one needs to be open with 32bit version. So I'm thinking to go with the 64bit as default, and if needed 32bit as alternate launcher...

I agree… 64 bit default now.

plahta… I was wondering do you have any issues with GOTG pup crashing after 10 minutes.?

This is an issue I have been having since it was released and I can’t figure it out.  The only Pup I have an issue with.

Really it was the whole reason I tried to go 64bit… hoping that would solve that issue.

1 hour ago, RichTX said:

plahta… I was wondering do you have any issues with GOTG pup crashing after 10 minutes.?

This is an issue I have been having since it was released and I can’t figure it out.  The only Pup I have an issue with.

Really it was the whole reason I tried to go 64bit… hoping that would solve that issue.

You have that crashes on old system, or 64bit? On old system I didn't get any crashes. Now i have just tried it for less than 5 minutes on both 32 and 64bit.

Today i will leave the way it is - i have some friends to come over and i want to all work well. Don't know if we will play any pinball but i do know we will drink a lot of beer and shots... :)

Upgrade done. Everything works fine in 32bit as before. Everything works in 64bit exept PupPlayer. Iron Maiden runs with PupPlayer in 64bit, I found out.
Happy so far. Hope the all-in-one Baller comes out fast and I hope that I got the pieces I need to get a64bit PupPlayer running without Baller/Popper on my little Desktop.
Thanks to @Smaugdragon for his upgrade video. 🙂

• 1 month later...

not a new baller yet but a copy/paste overwrite folders in the root of your vpin folder came out today. Nailbuster stated that is is for those who haven't updated to 64 yet and you will break your system if you try it (paraphrasing but something along those lines). i tried it and it worked perfectly and updated all necessary components to 64 bit. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 9:18 AM, RichTX said:

I am still getting the GOTG crash after 5-10 minutes with 64bit version.  Dang!!  Was hoping this was the magic bullet :{

• 2 weeks later...

I recently switched to Visual Pinball 64 Bits. Since then, several musics/sounds are no longer played on certain tables: Medieval Madness, Monster Bash and Big Bang Bar.
Do you know how to fix this problem please ?

On 5/23/2023 at 10:40 PM, Smackx said:

I am still getting the GOTG crash after 5-10 minutes with 64bit version.  Dang!!  Was hoping this was the magic bullet :{

For me GOTG is working fine. I couldn't get the Last Action Hero to run... But i was away from pinball now. I had a upper spine surgery last week so i had other things on my mind. 

11 hours ago, Denys06 said:

I recently switched to Visual Pinball 64 Bits. Since then, several musics/sounds are no longer played on certain tables: Medieval Madness, Monster Bash and Big Bang Bar.
Do you know how to fix this problem please ?

Make sure you don't have center channel enabled is my only guess.