Transformers (WIP)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

I am working on a Pro version at the moment.

So i need someone who can send me some records of a LE edtion.

Especialy from the right ramp and the left ramp, i think thats the only difference.

Regards Sascha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Due too i don´t find someone who is able to send me files from a LE-Version i will stop working on this project.

Think for the pro version it is quite good, hope you enjoy.

Will upload the latest version later

Regards Sascha

• Content Provider

Hi Sascha,

just had a quick look at the aninmations in pinball browser and it seems it is only the IronHide and StarStream Text screen which has been added to the LE version. They start from 0x27A4. If somebody knows how to trigger those modes it should be easy to capture.

• Content Provider
5 hours ago, Redrum said:

I hope we find someone.

Regards Sascha

Can you just boot it up in Pinmame and dump them? If I had a better setup I would do it but I am sure someone with everything ready to go can sort it out.

Looks like both Ironhide and Starscream are in all versions but they may have different text or awards as mentioned by Lucky1, so below are the playfield differences to help with those modes.

Taken from:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/transformers/index6a.html - Description of differences

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/transformers/index6b.html - How to make the shots

"Starscream: The upper part of left ramp changes quite a bit in the Limited Edition models by adding a Starscream model on a rotating platform with a target behind him and a spotlight in front to illuminate him.

This replaces the Pro's simple turn-around section, and adds additional rules to control when Starscream turns to allow or block shots to the target, and what the target awards."

"Megatron: The Megatron shot is also different in the Limited Edition versions of the game.  For starters, there's a drop target in front of the scoop to add difficulty to the shot."

"Ironhide: Now, as we said, things are somewhat different if you've got hold of one of the LEs.  For these games, the right ramp includes a mini-playfield and a controlled gate which allows or blocks access.

The controlled gate is rather ugly and blocks some of your view of the mini-playfield, which is a pity as it's quite and attractive looking device with some interesting technology.

Comparisons with the LT-5 engine in Corvette are inevitable because the player can tilt the mini-playfield let and right once the ball has entered by using the flipper buttons.  However, rather than just shaking the ball to keep it on the mini-playfield, the playing surface here includes a number of optical sensors which detect when the ball rolls over them and then light up.

So this is more like a cross between the LT-5 and the Path of Adventure from Indiana Jones - The Pinball Adventure.  The Ironhide model has been moved to the back of the mini-playfield, so it looks like he is the one tilting it.

When the ball exits from the LE's mini-playfield, it has to take a slightly circuitous route to join up with the original right ramp as it runs down the right side of the game to the right inlane."

"Other: In the Limited Edition model, there is an additional controlled gate on the left of the rollover lanes instead of the one-way gate, so the game can allow compete orbits to be made from the right as well as the left."

There is an additional option which allows a weaker ball to travel up the right orbit but not quite make the controlled gate.  In this instance, it will roll into another lane between the pop bumpers and the Optimus Prime model, and end up dropping into the Megatron scoop. This doesn't count as a Megatron shot because the rollover switch the ball triggers just before it enters the scoop tells the game Megatron wasn't shot from the front in the usual way.  However, it can award a super skill shot if the lane is made at the start of the ball."

• Content Provider
8 hours ago, LovelyCoCoNuts said:

I'm new in the scene for pin2dmd, I own both a transformers pro and a transformers LE, if you could explain to me what you need I would be happy to help and I would love to update both to pin2dmd units.

Install a Pin2DMD into the LE version, hook up a USB cable from the Pin2DMD USB port to your PC. Download the Pin2DMD Tool here: https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/master/tools

Once you have made sure you have communication with your machine (it should auto detect the settings, but you can move the brightness slider to confirm), click the dump button or checkbox and it will ask you to select a folder to save in. Hit OK and then try and hit the modes as described in my post above. It is usually better to take off the glass so you can manually hit the targets need to start the modes.

Once done, press the dump box again and it will stop the file save. Now you will have a file or files on your computer which will be the dumps needed to complete this colour file. Upload them here or send them to Sascha and he will be able to finish the colour file.

Let us know how you go.

Thanks!

• 8 months later...