New Release Universe Gottlieb 1959/little Chief Williams 1975

• Content Provider

Two more em's are available at my place. Universe, and Little Chief. FS Direct B2s for cabinets.

Universe: http://roguepinball.com/index.php?topic=374.0

Little Chief:  http://roguepinball.com/index.php?topic=375.0

Olympics will be coming here soon (Desktop and cabinet versions). It would've been today, but Bob pointed out some stuff I missed.

By the way, these are tables that are not mine, just like the other em's I've done. My friend built the table, and I converted it to FS and made the Direct B2s for it.

Love these Itchigo keep'em coming!

2 things I was wondering about,

1, on the tables with the ball tray at the bottom, I have had to change the angle on that from 6 to 8 on every one to get the balls to roll out of the tray after you start the game.  Otherwise they barley move in the tray. 

Other tables using this tray tend to drain very quickly after you hit the start button.  Is this just happening to me or is that something others have noted? Like I said I can fix it, they drain but are a little slow about it.

2, The other thing is I was wondering about the slope on these tables. The balls on my tables just seem to kinda float around the table. Not real bad but the tables are not at all fast. I'm just a novice player not a pinball pro, so

I don't know this might be normal for this type of table. Were these older tables kinda shallow angle and slower than the modern tables?

• Content Provider

Randr: These are done the same way as the others, so if you had to change them, you'll have to change these? I have my "credit button" on my cab set to keypresses 4, and 5.

Shadowsclassic: Some are, some aren't as bad. But I'm not the author on these. I have a friend who builds these in vp8. I then, modify them to vp9, turn to fs, and make a db2s for them. I really try not to change anything I don't have to because they aren't mine. I add a nicer ball image (thanks Bob), maybe add some rails, and I sometimes have to modify the tray because I'm going to vp9. I have a tray I modified already, that I copy and paste from (as he mods each game from the last one).

All his tables are "permission to mod or borrow from" by the way.

• Content Provider

I showed my friend Phil this thread. Here's his reply to me. He explains better than I do, as he has probably forgotten more than I'll even know....

Quote:

Yes, EM tables were typically inclined at 3.5 degrees, later ones maybe went to 4 degrees.  This makes them a lot slower playing than the 1990's games which had much more inclination. Plus VP emulations have tended to go at more video game speeds than pinball speeds anyway. In fact my games play much faster than real EM games, but I'm trying to get the same EM game "feel" to them as best VP will allow me to.  I incline them between 4.5 and 5.5 depending on the game and VP does leave them feeling a bit "floaty" at that inclination, but any more and the speed is well over triple the real thing because VP physics doesn't have the ball weighing the proper 80 grams, but much less (dont' get me started on that again!).

But as you indicate, I'm fine with anyone changing things to fit their desires.  I'm trying to recreate the actual games as best I can, especially trying to make them feel like EM games to play. Others may well have a different idea of what "fun to play" means for them and I'm fine with that.  I'm making the games for me, and they should do whatever they want to make them for themselves. This is a hobby and personalizing is part of that as I see it.

All true. But even in the real world they get modded... when I was a kid a friend had Slick Chick and had shimmed up the back legs to increase slope! I like the ems kinda slow... but I have noticed in these tables (not so much in other ems in my collection) the ball not loading without a nudge. I didn't alter slope...

Still love them, but must concur with Shadow on ball load

Hey Itchigo, the tables play great, don't get me wrong. I'm all for keeping the tables as realistic as possible.

If the EM's tend to have less slope and slower speeds in real life that's just how I want mine to be! Personally, I like it when the ball moves slow enough I can actually see it all the time.

Thank you and your friends for building these for us! Looking forward to adding more EM's to my cab in the future!

• Content Provider

I will look at the tray on the next one, but tn terms of playability it really doesn't matter much. I'll look at raising the ramp (tray) a bit, so long as the balls don't hang up under the apron.

Archived