3D VPX with reshade superdepth3D

vernvex

Good morning all.
I throw a bottle into the sea, hoping to find the solution.
under VPX 10.7 I use reshade and superdepth3D with amber and blue colorcode glasses.
the 3D rendering is just amazing.
however on many tables, I have decorative elements that are pixelated. it is often on metal parts like certain pieces of ramps for example.

when I run the table via F6, the graphics are perfect.
but via F5 I have this problem.
anyone had to do with this problem? did you solve it?

here are the photos with my settings for VPX and superdepth3D and a photo of the graphics problems.
my PC :
i9-9900k
amd radeon vega 64

Thanks for your help !
and long live the pincab!

3E3E0D31-9C85-4AF5-99D4-38C8CA64F130.jpeg

B4DB8B35-0C7F-453B-ACCB-4E7A70FD87F5.jpeg

02566CDA-2245-43E8-954F-890A525F7803.jpeg

I only can share my settings, it seems to work for me. But, I don´t think you have the same table..
For some tables it does not work. I don´t know why, but I heard that an update of superdepth3D is comming soon.
I use it with fakehdr and Glamayre_Fast_Effects Shader...
n3ae3sjw.jpg

It works better on Simpsons. Comparison:
Without reshade:
VPinballX-2022-06-13-17-08-30noreshade.p

With Reshade activated, Fake HDR and Glamayre:
VPinballX-2022-06-13-17-07-54reshade.png

Reshade with FakeHDR, Glamayre and 3D activated for amber - blue glasses...

VPinballX-2022-06-23-22-42-39Reshade3d.p

Edited by Retsamikit

4 hours ago, vernvex said:

What is your graphics card ? Nvidia ?

yep. 1060 gtx, I5, Windows 10.
I know reshade for years. Its a nice tool to "upgrade" the grafics of old 3D games. So we can find tons of different shaders for reshade. There is also a database for "best" settings for games, but I can´t find any vpx special things.
Tested a handfull shaders and at the end I landed with Glamayre_Fast_Effects Shader and Fake HDR. Also installed sweetfx with installation. reshade is eating resources. The most beautiful shader is useless, when its slowing-down the Table, so I had to be "careful" with this thing. It may not work with other machines. but its worth a test.. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

I would like to talk about the case.

I have the same or similar problem in some tables.

The problem occours in any case with or without reshade. I´m using reshade side by side LG  3D TV with superdepth3D.

The problem occours in VPX 10.6 and VPX 10.7 (DirectX) but not in VPX GL 10.6 or VPX GL 10.7 (Open GL) and the table image looks a little bit different (See picture VPX GL 10.7.jpg glass cup) from normal VPX. It looks like other table image.

Reshade on VPX 10.6 and VPX10.7 works fine for rendering 3D objects.

Reshade on VPX GL 10.6 and VPX GL 10.7 doesn´t work fine for redering 3D objects. The table only shows deeper but without 3D objects rendering. A simple table image below the TV screen. I don´t know why.

In the VPX 10.6 and VPX 10.7, if start the table with F6 (camera...) there is no problem for rendering that 3D objects (See picture VPX 10.7 - F6 Start.jpg). The problem occours Only in normal playing F5 (See picture VPX 10.7 - F5 start.jpg). Take a look in the pixelate gray metal close to right flipper and compare to others. This problem occours only in metal objects in some tables.

As I told, with or without reshade the problem persist, I believe that the problem could be in my graphic card RX550 4G Radeon driver

I have other machine with Geforce GT 720 Nvidia 2G (is lower than RX550) and all tables all 3D metal objects are perfects.

I will change in the future my Radeon card to another Nvidia card to confirm that case.

If the guys have some news, please contact

Thank you

Creature of Black lagoon VPX 10.7 - F5 Start.jpg

Creature of Black lagoon VPX 10.7 - F6 Start.jpg

Creature of Black lagoon VPX GL 10.7.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yes I did

I don´t know why RX550 has that problem in some table using directX.

In Open GL it didn´t happen although it´s seems some there was other different  playfield picture for the same table.

At last, I changed my graphic card  from RX550 4GB to GTX1650 4G.

Now all that tables looks fine and much better 3D quality  adjusting for better POV.

There no necessary to change video settings in VP. Only standard settigs is enough.

All tables looks like real tables now. Amazing

No one has figured that out yet.
Those who use Reshade should have a look at Glamayre_Fast_Effects -Shader..

For me it is not a reshade issue. RX550 or AMD graphic card is not so good for some tables.

It is better to use Nivia Geforce graphic card I think

I havea  very old nvidia graphic card GT 730 2G and works better than RX550 4G for those tables

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys. I landed on this page with a google search for "Anaglyph", seeking best settings to experience 3D with glasses in VPX. However, the discussion here appears to be different from the VPX built in 3D settings. Can someone summarize the solution here and what I'll need (besides my red/blue and magenta/green glasses)?

I have an Nvidia 3070 Ti along with an Asus ROG 4K 43" 144hz display monitor running VPX 10.7.2

Since I posted above (not much interest apparently, lol), I have found that I'm getting very good results using VPX built in anaglyph profile for my glasses (magenta/green). I use the Dubois Magenta/Green and the Deghosted Magenta/Green. I have turned reflections off but otherwise running with highest settings for my Asus 43 inch 4K 144hz monitor and RTX 3070 Ti GPU.

Here are the glasses I have

Screen Shot 2023-01-12 at 5.51.41 PM.png