Magic Girl (Zidware 2017)

drik333

Hi Everyone!

I began Magic Girl for VPX and here's where the table's at for the moment.

It's a first table...

583zfl.jpg

s3x9gl.jpg

All the graphics are done, but I don't have a good coding knowledge and search someone to help me to script the table.

If I have to learn to script, I'm afraid the table won't be out before a very long time and maybe not really entertaining.

It would be really great to have some support if someone is interested!😀

Should receive the rules sheet soon.

I saw in the "Table Requests" section that maybe, some of you would have the table musics and sounds.

Should receive it too but if you have it, please, can you contact me?

Hope the table enjoys you...

Edited by drik333

On 4/7/2022 at 6:05 AM, drik333 said:

Hi Everyone!

I began Magic Girl for VPX and here's where the table's at for the moment.

It's a first table...

583zfl.jpg

s3x9gl.jpg

All the graphics are done, but I don't have a good coding knowledge and search someone to help me to script the table.

If I have to learn to script, I'm afraid the table won't be out before a very long time and maybe not really entertaining.

It would be really great to have some support if someone is interested!😀

Should receive the rules sheet soon.

I saw in the "Table Requests" section that maybe, some of you would have the table musics and sounds.

Should receive it too but if you have it, please, can you contact me?

Hope the table enjoys you...

You heard back from the VPW guys yet, I’ve not had a reply to my message yet?

• Content Provider
2 hours ago, ashleyb said:

You heard back from the VPW guys yet, I’ve not had a reply to my message yet?

@drik333 and the table are in the workshop!  Sorry nobody replied to you - been a bit busy prepping Bloodmachines for release 🙂

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2023 at 8:28 PM, drik333 said:

Build discontinued as some assets are not mine and authors intended them for VPE

I'm pretty new to the VP community, but isn't nearly everything on every VP site being made with assets that don't actually belong to the people who are creating tables, backglass, sounds, music, etc? Not really trying to stir anything up, just asking an honest question because it seems strange that people in this community would be claiming sole ownership of something virtual and not allowing others to create within various platforms. Anyway, this table was looking amazing! At least it got me excited for VPE, whenever that emulator gets released.

In general, yes, but depending on the type of asset, be sure to credit the people who provided the assets, and don't present it as if you were the sole creator.

However, this is a bit of a special case, because the assets in question haven't been released publicly. There are also a couple of other reason I can't go into at the moment.

Edited by freezy

• Content Provider
14 hours ago, WaRcLaWz said:

I'm pretty new to the VP community, but isn't nearly everything on every VP site being made with assets that don't actually belong to the people who are creating tables, backglass, sounds, music, etc? Not really trying to stir anything up, just asking an honest question because it seems strange that people in this community would be claiming sole ownership of something virtual and not allowing others to create within various platforms. Anyway, this table was looking amazing! At least it got me excited for VPE, whenever that emulator gets released.

Of course the assets don't belong to any of us.

But when someone spends months, even years, meticulously redrawing all of the art and working on other assets, you can see why they would want to be the ones to release the table.

These table authors don't just magically find all of these assets. They are created by them.

Alot of people do not realize just how much work goes into each and every aspect of these tables.

I have heard of people traveling over 3,000 miles just to record the sounds from tables.

Or travelling 1000's of miles to dump a rom from a rare table.

Or to get high resolution photos of the actual tables, and stitch them together.

That is just the tip of the iceberg.

You get the idea.

These Table Authors put in alot of their precious spare time, and work into these tables.

Why wouldn't they want to be the ones to upload the table?

On 11/2/2023 at 6:28 PM, drik333 said:

Build discontinued as some assets are not mine and authors intended them for VPE

You can find a Future Pinball version of Magic Girl that was uploaded by theghost787 back in 2016 here...

https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/magic-girl-john-popadiuk-et-al-2011.5125/

Shawna made the table and artwork, and ghost the plastics, scripting, and sounds.

It is free to mod or use the assets, (as ghost has always contributed his assets to the community), therefore the assets in this Future Pinball table are avalable to use I would guess. Be sure to credit them both if you do use these assets.