[New VPX Alert]Fire! (MOD) nFozzy, Fleep Sounds, LUT

Fire! (MOD) nFozzy, Fleep Sounds, LUT

Another one of my already finished collection of upgraded tables...here we got "FIRE!".

I implemented also here the Fleep Sounds, nFozzy Physics and the beloved LUT selector :)

I also adjusted the POV (You can adjust it to your likings) and made some visual/positional rubber changes.

Have Fun !

And of course a BIG THANK YOU to the original table authors.

This is a MASTERPIECE !

- wrd1972 and Bord: Both of them have relentlessly worked to make 2.0 an amazing update! My hat is off to them. They went way above and beyond on this project and can't thank them enough.

- unclewilly and Randr for their amazing VP9 original, and Randr for guidance on that left lock behavior.

- 32Assassin for his VPX rebuild of the script and table.

- HauntFreaks for color-correcting sling areas so they light up properly.

- RustyCardores for PMD™ input.

- VPX team for the wonderful engine.

- nFozzy / ninuzzu for fast flipper and ball shadow routines

- Flupper for primitive flippers

and of course the VPW Team for their example table ! :)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/06/2022
  • Category
  • Modified by
  • Original Table Author
    DJRobx,wrd1972,unclewilly,Randr,32Assassin,HauntFreaks,RustyCardores,nFozzy,ninuzzu,Flupper
  • Link to B2S

• Content Provider

Sadly your game is created with a beta version of VPX 10.71.

I will wait until a official new version releases since last time I went into the beta section I encountered unwanted glitches.

I suggest you will use official VPX releases for future creations for simplicity reasons.

I ignored the pop-up and it still plays but these popups make it impossible to load with a frontend like PinballX

2 hours ago, DonRobby said:

Sadly your game is created with a beta version of VPX 10.71.

I will wait until a official new version releases since last time I went into the beta section I encountered unwanted glitches.

I suggest you will use official VPX releases for future creations for simplicity reasons.

I ignored the pop-up and it still plays but these popups make it impossible to load with a frontend like PinballX

Having the same problem, plus I get errors when loading tables with the latest beta (something like"Object missing Game[romname]").

Any change of recompiling it with the "official" VPX 10.7.0?

• Content Provider

I played it for a little longer.

I cannot see any problems running it with the original VPX.

If you open it inside the editor and save the file with the old version it runs perfect and also solves the problem running it with a frontend.

• 1 month later...

Wow - awesome work!  TY!  Courious if there is anyone that can speak to how this table plays vs. the actual table?  Love this table and the work done here, but plays quite a bit different than the other vpx version I had been playing.  With the action of the ball coming back from the ramps in the early version, best strat was to have the ball bounce off an inactive flipper to consistently bounce over to the opposite flipper.  In this version, the ball doesn't  react the same way.  I though it was an excellent design to let it bounce off a passive flipper to the other, but no clue if the real table does that or not.  Athought it's a more enjoyable game with that ball response, I prefer the emulation be as close to real as can be, hence the question. Oh - and the launch seems quite a bit more powerful in this version.  Wasn't easy to get 100k before but got it maybe 75%, but can't get close now.

"I prefer the emulation be as close to real as can be,"

Ask yourself whats the 'real thing', a brand new machine with new rubbers or a worn machine with old rubbers, or maybe exchanged (harder/softer) rubbers? My guess is, there is not a single 'real thing'. Last time I was playing a TOTAN in the wild, my VPX strategy didnt help, too ;-).