[New VPX Alert]Terminator 2 (Williams 1991) g5k

g5k

Terminator 2 (Williams 1991) g5k

Check the top of the script for some user options.

This version (1.1d) was lifted from my cabinet and has been adjusted along the way. I can't recall what has changed since 1.1c which was the version out there.

This Terminator 2 build was the start for me in vpx authoring. I had an idea to do it differently back in 2018 and use ray traced baked lighting...and feck me – it worked! The backglass I made from photos I took from a real one. Originally hosted on the now defunct Monster Bash Pincab. DJRobx helped out with implementing code for SSF and Ninuzzu added the laser mod. Also special mention to nFozzy and his version that was around at that time which I used to help learn how it all worked.

I've been reluctant to upload my work  because I don't have the time to support it. I love this game and it plays so close to the real table I have in my studio. 

I've been on a lengthy hiatus, King Flupper and the VPW guys are inspiring to watch. Hopefully some time next year to dip the toes back in the water.

Enjoy! (more of the back catalogue coming)

• 7 months later...

Hello, the table has no music sound. I only can hear the usual pinball sound effects.

I changed the volume to max (31) pressing 9 after opening  the coin door and the volume control on + key is on max too.

I dont know what more can I do.

Is there any music pack I have to upload?

Any help is apppreciated.

Not sure if anyone else had this issue but the perspective was off and the flippers were off the bottom of the screen. I changed y-scale to 0.95 (and x-scale to the same but not strictly needed) and y-offset to 0 and it's much better.

• 9 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:27 AM, Bobblybook said:

Not sure if anyone else had this issue but the perspective was off and the flippers were off the bottom of the screen. I changed y-scale to 0.95 (and x-scale to the same but not strictly needed) and y-offset to 0 and it's much better.

I can't find the y-scale setting - could you please explain how I can find it? Thanks!

2 hours ago, reflekshun said:

I can't find the y-scale setting - could you please explain how I can find it? Thanks!

VPX_camera_tab.thumb.png.7330cf912862218bfc297b6a718a82c0.png

There was a nice POV tutorial on the old VPinball site written by Drybonz. You can still access it here

Edited by robertms
added editor screenshot

• 8 months later...

This table is amazing! Love it. Out of curiosity, is there a simple way to adjust the overall GI brightness?  The table seems quite a bit brighter than in the screenshot at the top of the post and definitely brighter than the real T2 table I used to own. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 12:27 PM, Bobblybook said:

Same here but I changed Z Offset from -650 to -350