What tables or projects are you working on or need help with

• Content Provider

Since I have everyone's attention....

Now that everyone knows about my new Silent Hill Epic Gamez mode I'm working on for RetroFlair 2... I need help from you smart 3D modelers.

I have extracted the straightjacket / armless monster from Silent Hill 2 to "try" to use in the table... but unfortunately half the polygons are "reversed" and show up as transparent in FP and in blender... but other apps it won't (because of how they handle rendering and all polygons render forward,etc).

I was wondering if anyone knows how to either fix this, or if they can create another similar model using this model somehow...

image.thumb.png.eb43bca4f8203502c19580a24923fd3a.png

image.png.882b9cfdc64d6032abd9bc0138b6dcb1.png

Hey Terry, looks like maybe you figured out your problem ready, but if not the issues youre describing sounds like the normals are reversed. Not a blender user but should literally be one button most likely under mesh display settings. If not they're a great free program called meshlab thats great for cleaning models and can do a lot more thst reversing normals but also should be a single button. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Monster models

I'll be adding many of the monsters from the movie / games. Most will be animated to some degree.

Straight Jacket

The "straight jacket / armless man" from the movies is tricky. I was able to extract the original model, but couldn't use the original texture as the UV wrapping info is lost with the extraction.

So with the help of a very talented VPX table author / modeler... he was able to fix up the model (half the polygons were flipped) and create a very cool looking texture to try to make it look more like the movie version (on the left). The model had a few slits in it, so he made them bloody looking, as well adding the cool bump mapped skin and veins! You can see how it will actually look in FP-BAM on the right.

The hard part will be figuring out how to animate this guy since he doesn't have "arms"...which makes using Mixamo for auto rigging and animation not possible, until I figure out another solution.

O64894w.png

Grey Children

This is also a bit tricky because there are no detailed models to use from the original game as Silent Hill 1 was on PS1 which looks like this. 

L82gyJs.png

So I decided to find other models that I could use that were close enough, and maybe distort them to look more like the movie version. Here's what I have so far on the left compared to the movie on the right. I found a Resident Evil monster model, used Mixamo to auto-rig it into a T Pose...then used Blender to sacle the head to be bigger and twist it a bit.

Yes, I know it looks more like Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th Part 1 (when he jumped out of the lake)... but it's the best I can do unless a better option comes along. 

OQEW2BL.jpg

...and more monsters yet to come!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Content Provider

Silent Hill - Nightmare Alley demo (RetroFlair 2 - Future Pinball)

Here is the first work in progress of the Silent Hill mode for my upcoming Future Pinball table RetroFlair 2.

Silent Hill is my favorite game series, and I really wanted to get to look / feel / sounds of that in this mode.

Keep in mind this is only the first part which is the Nightmare Alley opening. I didn't want to wait until the entire mode is done to show it off. That said, there is much more to come!

The movie videos are not part of the table (yet). I only added them for this demo, as PinEvent will be the very last thing to add to the table when it's done (a very long ways to go).

• Content Provider

Well, there is the main table, then the Epic Gamez modes within the table (some need updating still):

Silent Hill

Tron Legacy

Outrun 2

Pac-man

Super Pac Man

Space Invaders

Speedball 2

When those are all done.... it's down to how much room I have left before the table is too ig. If I can I may add one more mode... but like Silent Hill it's a wait and see... and Silent Hill is going to be big.

• 2 months later...
  • Content Provider

Silent Hill (Future Pinball - BAM)

New Table (Work in Progress) - Nightmare Alley, Armless Monster Scenes and features Demo

This is the first work in progress of my new standalone Silent Hill table for Future Pinball - BAM (yes, it's now it's own table).

For all the years I've been in this hobby... I always told myself, if I was to do my own table... it would have to be Silent Hill... my favorite game series.

Thanks to the amazing recent BAM updates from ravarcade (for Future Pinball), many of my ideas are now possible. So I've taken all I know, and have started to put it all into this fan-made work of passion. I think you'll be amazed at how atmospheric and immersive pinball can be, and with Silent Hill this is essential.

I really wanted all the key ingredients included. Fog, Darkness, Lighter, Flashlight (dynamic light), Radio static, Otherworld, Rust, Blood, Decay, Siren, Creepy Monsters, visuals and authentic locations, items and music from the classic Silent Hill games

The next step...probably my favorite and the most daunting...is creating Scene 3 - Midwich School.

This work is purely made for my own enjoyment and education, and is my love letter to Team Silent, and all other Silent Hill dev teams that have poured their heart into this series. I hope, as a fan, I will do them proud.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:17 AM, TerryRed said:

Well... once I'm done finishing converting my bigger guides and linking them to the newer smaller guides I've created for FP - BAM / PinEvent / Baller / DMDExt...

...it's right back to working on the most crazy and ambitious and absurdly over the top table with so many "firsts" never before seen on a virtual pinball table... something I'm really proud of and has been a smashing success with so many people...

RetroFlair 2 - Epic Gamez N Tunez

If you like retro... you've love this... if like Tron.... you will shit yourself as you have never seen Tron in a pinball game like this before. Give it a watch. No matter what kind of pinball you like.... there will something on here you've never seen before...

Over 4 months of non stop work so far (except the last 2 weeks).... and I'm already at the start of making another Epic Gamez mode for the table which I will have a teaser video for soon enough (just a teaser).

...and if you are curious as to how the heck did I make all of this work?

Watch this Behind the Scenes for the video. Its all bookmarked so you can jump right to the part you want to see,etc...

what a great video.  ty

On 7/17/2021 at 2:28 AM, TerryRed said:

Silent Hill (Future Pinball - BAM)

I made sure to watch the video during the day so I wouldn't have nightmares. That's one bad ass looking table.

I love the passion.

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Silent Hill (PinEvent):

New look, multiple playfields, and first reveal of Midwich School's classroom and bathroom sections.

I'm back at it, adding more to Silent Hill (PinEvent). I'm now creating the Midwich School sections (and show a teaser of the classroom and bathroom), which required me to give the entire game a much needed makeover to the playfield. This was essential to allow multiple other playfields / ramps / wireramps, etc to be able to swap in and out between sections of the game. You've never seen anything like this (except on RetroFlair 2 of course).... and this is taking it to a whole new level.

No full gameplay of the new levels shown for now (just a preview)... but I can't wait to show you what I've come up with for the School Otherworld in the next video preview (when the Midwich sections are all done).

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Silent Hill (PinEvent)

The Midwich school and Otherworld video preview is finally here! Horrifying pinball unlike anything you've seen!

After months of work, I can finally show off my first preview of the Midwich School and Otherworld levels of my Silent Hill table for Future Pinball - BAM.

This table is a complete game changer.... literally... as you will see the town of Silent Hill change in front of your eyes from the foggy town, to the Nightmare Alley, to the school classrooms (and more), and finally to the hell'ish Otherworld. You will see disturbing sights and monsters never before seen in pinball. You won't believe this is all in "one" table! It's a great visual showcase and unlike anything you've ever seen before... and there's more to come!

This table is my love letter to all developers and contributors to ALL Silent Hill games. It's my favorite game series, and this has always been the pinball table I wanted to make!

It's constantly evolving, and it's a crazy amount of work. Now I need to work on the Hotel, Hospital and Church levels... then it's on to finishing it with PinEvent. Lots more work to do!

Some interesting stats:

- 8 different playfields / levels (so far)

- 5 completely different sets of ramps and wireramps that change for each level

- 6+ sets of playfield and plastics art in 4K (so far)

- 80+ BAM custom FBX models (this doesn't include the normal FP "table" models).... so far

- thanks to Andrei Maraklov for help with rebuilding and texturing the Armless monster

- a crap load of texture animation (thanks to KenSwift for some AE help!). Don't want to spoil anything!

- thanks to Schreibi34 for his gorgeous insert images (i made bump maps and insert hole meshes. Looks great!

- thanks to Rom, as I used RetroFlair as a starting point for this table

- thanks to ravarcade for so many awesome BAM features!

- lots of dynamic lights and dynamic spotlights that looks creepy and cool

I'm really held back a lot from what I "want" to do because of FP being 32 bit (table size limitations due to ram access....same as 32 bit VPX).

As you can see though, this table is already really BIG.

I don't want to spoil anything! So I highly recommend you watch from beginning to end as there are many surprises and wow moments to be seen that are all part of the progressing Silent Hill story. (remember what I said about RetroFlair 2)

• 1 month later...
  • Content Provider

Stunning new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows, lighting, FLEEP sounds... and new look (again)

BAM's latest update allows for stunning new Ray Cast ball shadows for any light. I combined this with new shadowmaps and new updated dynamic lighting to create a stunning new visual look Silent Hill.

I've also been able to upgrade the mechanical sounds thanks to the generosity of FLEEP and his professional quality sounds! Simply stunning in SSF!

I've been sick for the last 2+ months, so I haven't been able to get as much done as I would like... but progress is still pushing on... and I'm loving the results!

This video demo shows off the new feature nicely. It also shows my updates for all the other levels, and gives a sneak peek at the new levels for the Grand Hotel, Sacrificial Chamber, and Church.

• Content Provider

Silent Hill (PinEvent) - The Grand Hotel - full gameplay

(note - graphic content included)

The next chapter of Silent Hill (PinEvent) takes us to the mysteries of The Grand Hotel, Room 111, and the Sacrificial Chamber. Then you must survive MONSTER MULTIBALL and get to the Church!

I've been sick for the last 2 months, so progress on getting this done has been SLOW... but I finally have the Grand Hotel levels completed!

I also included a new MONSTER MULTIBALL mode. This is a bit different in that you are trying to "escape" the 5 ball multiball mode. If you drain to only 1 ball left, the game will continue to feed you 4 more balls! You need to hit the Armless Monster many times, and also evade the Grey Children many times, while also trying not to hit Pyramid Head! He no like that!

I've also added some new random ambient / scary sounds that will go off when you least expect them. If you have a SSF setup... you'll hear creepy things screaming inside your cabinet! If you have a Home Theatre 5.1 / 7.1 setup, then you will hear them all around you!

Next, I will start working on the Hospital levels. This, like the school, will probably end up being pretty big, so we'll see how that turns out. One thing for sure... it will have nurses and be friggin' creepy!

• Content Provider

What you did on this table is really awesome!!! Awesome project! And so well done... Congrats guy! I love all the details you put in it in order to make the best you can and get the ultimate table!

Your perseverance is beautiful to see. Thanks for this great gift, the time and the love you put in this project.

🧡

• Content Provider

There is something I have in mind for a time : an evoluting table :)

the goal would be to start the game with a 70s looking table, and when the few rules are done to add some 80s features (a lower level, a simple multiball,... for example), and after 90s ones (some ramps, flashers,...) and to finish with a very modern table with ramps everywhere, moving toys, huge light effects, video screens,...  :)

A pinball history in a "transformers" table in some way. Would be nice no? :)

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, ARMYAVIATION said:

me, I still have Simpson's Kooky carnival to finish up. 

I see some media files being created for Kooky carnival. Does this mean the vpx table is ready for release or is close? This is not meant as any pressure, as all of your talents are appreciated and tables get done when they're done. I was just wondering since I've seen those media files recently.

Thanks!

• Content Provider
4 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

I see some media files being created for Kooky carnival. Does this mean the vpx table is ready for release or is close? This is not meant as any pressure, as all of your talents are appreciated and tables get done when they're done. I was just wondering since I've seen those media files recently.

Thanks!

Working away at it.  Prob not soon but not far

• 3 months later...
  • Content Provider

My latest project is.....

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

1292010104_StarWarsDSA-GalacticEdition.thumb.jpg.ce80c18d7f540294699396aff9eb23d6.jpg

New teaser video reveal of my GALACTIC sized update!

This is far beyond my Epic Space Battles mod! My long awaited MASSIVE update to SLAMT1LT's classic "Star Wars: Death Star Assault" for Future Pinball - BAM is almost here!

Unlike anything you have ever seen! There are many new surprises I don't want to spoil, especially in the second half of the video. I highly recommend you watch the entire video to the VERY end. Don't miss a second! I think anyone who watches my reveals, knows better by now! 

It all began in 2005, from FP's example table (Sci-Fi Classic). What started as a mod by SLAMT1LT in 2010 has evolved through time with many changes... and now I've updated almost everything using new modern BAM features.

This table is a stunning showcase for any Star Wars pinball fan! I'll show you some of the MANY cool updates and new additions I've added.

VR players (with a fast PC) are in for a real treat... Disco lovers will groove... and all Star Wars pinball fans will rejoice!

Coming very soon!