The Getaway - High Speed II 64 color Edition

• Content Provider
1 hour ago, adamstillman said:

that would be great. how close are you to completion ( if there is such a thing )

V.08 is up!

Its tough to say, I have a LOT done of what I can do (ie, Im not going to be able to do video mode or the burn rubber map). The only major scenes left are the helicopter, and all the donut heaven scenes.  I didnt get the speed trap finished but its getting there.  Im spending too much time adding shading and what not to the scenes and I should just be masking them and be done with it.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I would like to try this in the real pin. If I understood well, all I need is a st32 display (will get it from pinballsp), the files in the "Real pin" folder on the google drive share, and that's all?

Thanks.

• Content Provider
12 hours ago, Crrispy said:

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, however if ordering from CH to France, VAT is going to kick in and total become very expensive. What is really better in the swiss version?

AFAIK for EU orders he is shipping from germany. So no VAT. Like I already said the DMDST32 display is based on the pld schematics we used for the STM32 discovery board. We had to use some programming tricks to make all the peripherals we added over time work . The Nucleo / EVO design has been redone from scratch and therefore has a optimized pinout to the peripherals. For example we used 1bit wide SPI attached SDcard slot in the Discovery design and now use 4bit wide SDIO bus. The EVO devices additionally come pre activated

Ah OK, because dpannel2 just told me he ships from the USA -> too expensive with VAT/customs fees etc..

So, I want to order one, tell me the easiest way please. Do you also sell the filters to put in front of the led panel?

Thanks.

• Content Provider

Just so you know the game isnt 100% done yet.  I'll be releasing 0.09 soon Im just trying to make sure everything I have done triggers properly. Im alsmot done the "speed trap" sequences where you zoom by the cop hiding, then he gets on the radio, etc

• Content Provider
17 hours ago, Crrispy said:

Ah OK, because dpannel2 just told me he ships from the USA -> too expensive with VAT/customs fees etc..

So, I want to order one, tell me the easiest way please. Do you also sell the filters to put in front of the led panel?

Thanks.

I personally see absolutely no reason for some kind of filter. Here is a comparison I made between pin2dmd (right) with the brightness and colors set to match the plasm plasma (left) as close as possible.

1.jpg

0.jpg

• Content Provider

Here is the preview for the next change log:

More yellow light triggers

-added more for the word yellow

-added more for the yellow light being lit

-Will do the same for red and green later

Donut Heaven

-Colored the Donut Heaven with 4 cops out front

-Colored the burnout in front of DH with 4 cop cars

-Colored the Donut Heaven with 3 cops out front

-Colored the burnout in front of DH with 3 cop cars

Free Ride

-added a new mask and trigger for the last frame containing "free ride"

-added a new mask and trigger for the last frame with "free ride" blacked out

-this should cut down/cut out the grey flicker at the end

-Additional frames and triggers for free ride.

Bonus Multipliers

-Redid 2x, 4x, and 6x color masks to allow for bonus tally at end of ball

-Color Mask allowed the big 2/4/6x to work in game and during bonus

-notification of earned bonus, and multipler at drain with bonus masked red and score in white.

More work on Tunnel sequence

-This is used in numerous other longer sequences such as the helicopter. 

-Doing all the sequences that use this with the same pallete so I can shade it in the future.

Hitch Hiker Sequence adjustment

-Cut last frame as its own squence and created new trigger to that last frame

-this allows the last frame of the girl outside to stay on screen for alternate plays

-this was altered in V.08 but redone in V.09

-She's stil a blonde, just like the backglass

-Corrected frame with wrong road line color

Score Mask / Colors

-Removed the blue shadows from the yellow section

-Score colors are still not set in stone

-Changed MPH to blue from green

-Score changed to off-white/light grey. I just dont like the yellow

-Score color matches ball count and credit count, RPM is still pure white

-Removed the dark insert behind the score

Altered Gear Color frames

-All the gears have been redone removing the duplicate frames

-New color scheme to add increased separation to ColorDMD's choices

-hand added gradients/shading to the letters and backgrounds

Millions Frames

-More triggers and more frames done each number has 7 frames and there are ten numbers so.......

-All frames from 1 through 5 should be done and 1:1 triggered , pending testing.

Speed Trap

-Sequence 1 is cut up, colored and triggered.

-Sequence 2, the cop on the radio, is cut up and 1 to 1 frame/trigger mapped

-Sequence 2 was only 4 key frames, until WOBs video proves me wrong ;)

SuperCharger Mode

-Corrected colormask to remove unneeded dark blue

Testing

-Changed ROM revision color to yellow to make it stand out

Say No To Drugs

-Converted to my "credit" screen

-removed "shout outs" , they just looked janky. May add ppl to the special thanks credits

Special Thanks

-Altered colors to make them "softer" , also got rid of the yellow

-May add "shout outs" to this screen

-Pin2DMD colors adjusted

KickBack-

-Recolored a majority of the sequence to get yellow on the road instead of brown (for the road stripe)

-Recolored a few car frames

• Content Provider

V.09 is up. It was supposed to be a "pre-release" to work out some bugs but its been too long since a release and I dont want you guys thinking I quit. ?
Judging by time stamps and best recollection, Im up at like 60 hours so far on this ?