New Table Adjustments??

I've been looking at getting my head wrapped around developing tables in VP (I'm getting along with FP pretty easily) and was wondering if there are any settings or adjustments anyone could recommend to start a table with? Physics adjustments or anything along those lines. Sometimes in programs the "default" project is really lacking in some basic settings and was hoping to put together an updated "whitewood table" for me to start from.

Anything is appreciated!

Very true each is different, but I guess I was just looking to see if there was a better starting point then using the "new table" that VP starts you out with.  Just the precoded templates you posted over in the building section.  All I'm looking at are making original tables right now so these look like they might be a big help.  Thanks!

• Content Provider

I wasn't able to upload them here yet, but I do have them at my site. I think they were too big (just over 1 mb I think). Link in my signature. You will have to join though, look in the VP Resources section. They also come with some textures too.

• 3 weeks later...

try this link this goes to Itchigos precoded table template

this one is actually a premade table that lets you just drop in some custom coding or graphics

to make it 'yours'

http://www.speedyshare.com/SWHrj/Itchigo-s-Precoded-Table-1.zip

it sits at around 7 megs hence the external link to it

rip into it try to get a feel for how the coding is set up

then you can copy parts of it or just switch things around in it for your own table  layout

and then you can tear into his Rube Goldberg1 table that I coded for him with almost every line remmed

expalinging what it does and why

also my vp9 Peanuts table  is a real easy one to rip into for learning off of

http://www.speedyshare.com/5RXVq/Peanuts.zip

the Peanuts pin is about 9 megs so it ain't too big a pin  to start with

oir even the  Klingon vs Romulan one

I built using one of his templates in a three week period

http://www.speedyshare.com/fxnXt/Klingon-vs-Romulan-v1.zip

the K V R pin sits at around 74 megsonly due to the  four full length songs jammed into it

otherwise it was a relatively easy pin to build again using one of Itichigos templates

hope this helps ya'

Thanks for the info farlos, I will give them a look in a little bit.  

As far as what kinda, my mind is kindof all over the place.  I've had an idea for a table laid out to mimic an old skate park I remember back in the day.  I've been slowly redrawing old logos and graphics so at some point i'll have a pretty good resource for it.  I've been able to rough it out in FP ( i know everyone hates it) but I am able to use the 3d models I roughed out in milkshape.  

Got an idea for a beavis and butthead table, again tons of redraws and sound bite edits to work from. 

A Super Mario table, more based on mario 3, only I thought to incorporate the sewer pipes around the table, again roughed in FP due to model use.  

Last idea is an Invader Zim table, i've found tons of artwork, some needs redrawn but most is usable, but i've still got tons of audio clips to clean up and edit to be usable.  I've got tons of ideas with this Zim table, setup as a Pinball2000 style.  Might try Bills VPflash addon if I ever get that far with this HAHA.

as for a skate pin I am currently involved with building a pin based on the Lords of Dogtown movie

it is being built using vp9.1.2 and has been in the works since 2010! yes 2010!

I had some scoring problems and it took a while to locate the original table templates author

so he could help me with it,  now that he did I can get back to work on it

(woohoo seems the image uploads is working finally)

post-41-0-87276600-1356581539_thumb.jpg

dogtown  already has over five different events in it for you to find and complete

it will have probably about four more including finding all original Zephyr team members

some longboards,  different board tricks to complete, etc. and so on...

Colors mean everything on this pin make one color on that slalom and cool things start to occur

those green/red barrels you see everywhere are also droppable and that is but one event

the rest you have to figure out but this pin also is a huge one it is already over 80 megs in size

mainly due to all the cool tunes I dropped into it

all sounds and music are in it so it's just the coding now so hopefully the file size won't be too much larger

and hopefully by this summer I can release this beast!

it is also being dedicated to the late great Heath Ledger (he played Skip Engblum)

Chris Cahill (one of the original Zephyr team members) who passed away in 2011

And Bob Biniak also one of the original team members who died in 2010

the  display states this  in the attract mode

Archived