Original Vp Table Help

• Content Provider

I've kicked around the idea of doing an original table (as we all have) and think it's something I should at least try. I've settled on a theme (a popular sci-fi show that has long deserved a pin ...) and have some ideas of design that I want to incorporate into the table. I want it to be a smooth table, not fast but not slow, and it has to have good flow. It also needs to feel like a real, modern pinball table. That's perhaps the hardest thing to achieve with an original.

This will involve complex-ish rules and scoring, with multipliers, hurry-ups, "levels", multiball etc. That's where I'm screwed... I can't even script an EM table. I do well with rom-controlled tables because I'm just mapping something to a system that already handles the scoring and events. I need someone who is willing to help script this stuff, probably a good majority of it honestly. I will build the whole thing, all the art and design and gameplay, but need a partner willing to do the script. I will do my best to hash out all the rules and scoring before anything happens but it will take some creativity on your part as well...

Expect all the things you'd find on a modern Stern table, with moving objects, ramps, kickers, flashers, and other "solenoid" style items, along with the standard assortment of switches and triggers, and standard light inserts as well. Sound call-outs and background music would be nice, I don't know the limitations of the VP sound engine though, can we have a track play in the background while still firing mechanical sounds and having audio callouts as well? 

It should be noted that I don't expect much in the way of a score display, it would be awesome to simulate a DMD but the software to do so is cumbersome and not ready for prime-time. Maybe just a sweet B2S or what JP has done in the past with fake DMDs. That would be extremely tedious though. I'll stick with numeric displays for now.

I'm finishing up a table hopefully soon, if anyone is willing to work with me on this it will be my next project.

• Content Provider

lodger I'll get in touch when I get the table together a bit more! Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the current layout

7NEc3aJ.jpg

Combines a few elements from my favorite games (and steals one from Mystery Castle!) I think it'll be cool :) it's lame right now without any sounds or art but I've got some ideas......

nice! my wife is an uber fan! . I was thinking it would also be fun to have the floating heads on top of the bumpers :)

Death by SNU SNU multiball!

lots of options for fun stuff there

I really look forward to hearing your game modes!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived