New Physmod Tables - Some Troubles ...

I have some Troubles with the "newer" PhysMod5 Tables ...

Avatar - the Ball roll too fast, after Jumpback from Walls, ... (?)

24 - Ball Lock, after Game Over, the Ball stay in Lock upside (the Magazin open, but Ball dont roll down)

Spiderman - the Ball roll down too fast (?)

All 450 Tables, some PM5, at my Cab run very well ...

• Content Provider

For Avatar and Spiderman are you using the PM5 files uploaded on this site?  If so, then just reduce the gravity setting to slow things down.  If not, I'm betting when you did the conversion you left the BMPR script in place which would make things go real fast.

Thanks 85vett, sure, i have tried the newest Files, and this are PhysMod5 Files ...

Example Spiderman have a hard Gravity atm. so i asked for this "Problem" ...

Ok i will try something with the Parameters, thanks.

Avatar, there is the Ball fast coming back from Walls ... i dont know, how i can or should this Change.

24, there is another Problem, Lockball Comes not down after GameOver, at the pref. Version too.

( 9.9 Version is ok = Ball Comes down ) .. i know, this is for Fren ...

I wonder, should not run all "Files" just like the others, with the same "Problems" (or not) at every Computer ?

Thanks Loafmeister, have it "Slope Min. Diff and Max. Diff.", both it was on 6 at me, changed both to 4 and all is "better" and ok.

Thanks for Help!

All others, you, have at both 6 and all is ok ?

This is the Thing, WHY i do hate PhysMod Tables a Little ...

Or the Lockball Hold and givent down, at "24 PM" ?

Mr. freneticamnesic, can you help me with this, please ?

Overall i think, it is not the Best, to hold up two different VP Systems ( 9.9 and PM ),

would have to solve this better before, i think VP10 does it all in one ?

Right, you are not FORCED to use Physmod, just don't download those tables and wait for VP 10 as that is a perfectly viable option. But keep in mind when vp10 comes out, it will also NOT be compatible with vp9.9 tables so you will be in the same boat, except instead of a vp9.9 and a physics mod exe, you will have a vp9.9 and a vp10 exe... at least until all tables are converted over, which may never happen. In other word: c'est la vie :)

Without PM ? Hm no Way, there are : CSI, IJ4, WPT, ... whatever, i must try some Options at the Tables, where i think they are not fine enough.

You are right, thats live ;-) ok, thanks, lets Play some Games ... also PMs ;-)

"It s all ok", maybe i am too much at my Cab last Days ...

BTW, on some tables, I find slope is perfect for 5.5 but keep in mind, the testing that went into the tables and the shots are all doable at the original slope setting so when you mess with a table's slope, there's always a potential for ball stuck/etc and you may need to adjust flipper strength to compensate.  That is NOT the author's fault, so keep that in mind when messing with any settings.

I do shoot 1 Ball in Lock, then let all other Balls roll out, then see the Video at:

www.digisystems.at/053.mp4

DMD Text is German, i think "Search Ball, please wait"

( have this Scene many times )

Had now some Games (about 15), at one i wonder: onetime the second Lockball roll through - not Locking !

Two Balls in Lock, at GameOver, all two Comes down.

Also i had a Game now, 1 Lockball Comes down ...

And all with PM5 Version, nothing edited by me.

-> some Games with 9.9, there is all ok, maybe this help you and can check both Versions.

• Content Provider

What rom are you using then? 

It really shouldn't do that...the spike that moves is tied physically to the wall that holds the ball up, so when the spike moves the physical wall holding the ball also moves......... it's very odd

let me know the rom you're using and I'll try it here. if it's the default 24english rom from stern (can you even change the language in these?) then delete it and try it with default settings

I have the one from Stern (> twenty4_150.zip ), VPinMAME.dll latest from here, and your latest 24 PM 1.2 ... start with PhysMod5.exe

I try to download all again and set all new ...

Sorry, i wish i had News for you, the same, see here: www.digisystems.at/002.mp4

Before i did delete nv ram too.

Step by Step, i cant miss anything ? ...

I dont know why ! Cant believe that i am the only one with this.

-> is the Primitive: scdiv a "Wall" ? Should the Kicker: k45 "kick it out" ?

I will only try to understand whats work / whats not.

Edit: The same at my Laptop.

Again: AT 9.9 is all ok.

• Administrators

So what is so different about your machine than almost everyone else? We have not had many other complaints like this from others. There seems to be other outside VP/VPM influence that's causing this.

• Content Provider

Did you ever delete your nvram? Play with default ROM settings, since you've got german language, I know they're not default.

Similar to what Dazz said, I can't replicate the issue so I don't know that I'm being very helpful. But you've got it happening on two systems, so what's the common denominator? 

But even with the rom possibility, it's hard to say that that is the issue, because the visible spike should not move unless the invisible wall which acts as the physical stop of the spike moves.....

Sub SolSuitCase(Enabled)
	If Enabled Then
		Post45.IsDropped=True
		SuitRot = True
		scdiv.TransX=40
	Else
		Post45.IsDropped=False
		scdiv.TransX=0
	End If
End Sub

This is the solenoid that controls a) the suitcase movement (the lid opening and closing) and B) the spike stopper. Post45 is the invisible wall that you can't see that actually stops the ball. scdiv is the visible spike. When the wall is dropped (not collidable), the spike is translated 40 units on the x axis, and vice versa. There's nothing else that is telling the spike to move, so based on this information I can't honestly troubleshoot it, except making Post45 visible and seeing what it does when the ball is stuck. Possibly the ball is sticking on something else unrelated to post45 and scdiv? That's what we should find out next

Fj2d41g.jpg

Thank you Fren for take time to this.

nv ram delete, yes.

i had started last time with new downloaded Files, reset all, and leave English as Default, first Game, 1 Ball stay in SuitCase (Video 002).

Ok, it is not the Problem what i will solve - it is the Problem that i will find out "why" ;-) ... i will test something about your instructions above, thanks ...

Btw. it is a Top Table !

• Content Provider

Can't help with 24 as I don't have any issues either.

As far as Avatar - Any walls that you feel the ball comes back to fast from you just have to right click over that wall, select the wall and change the elasticity setting. 

85vett, your work is astounding. Please help with a error I keep getting on most of the PM5 tables of current release. I continually get this error message of "Cant Create Ball" every time I start to play a new PM5 table, seems like a common problem with all my new Physmod5 tables. Is there a setting I've missed, or something I can adjust within the script to fix this? I have all the latest SAM tables (Transformers, Ironman, Dark Knight, etc.) that play fine without issues in VP9.9X, trouble is evident whether I try to play them within Hyperpin or directly from VP. My system is well within spec, and I'm sure its a simple script adjustment on my part, but not sure how or what. Help please!! I have wiped NVRAM and done all the usual tricks we know, with no change.

*RESOLVED MY OWN ISSUE*

Simply reloaded the updated vbs scripts set in the tables folder, and most all problems resolved instantly. Also proved my system was ready for a quad core cpu, already using a 2GB GPU card, and 4GB ram, with the dual core there was chop on a few games ball movements. An occasional sound stutter was also observed on more graphically intense newer games. Moving upwards to a standalone PM5 configuration next. The new tables you guys are developing are just killer!!! Need Metallica now!!! 

Archived