3rdaxis

• Content Provider

Hey everyone nice to meet you and know you. I am not to familiar with FP software but think its in my future. I recently finished a project in 3DSmax ans am curious if i can get the same level of detail in FP. I have a video posted of the work here. This was just something i started for fun but was beside myself with the results. Hope you enjoy this little sample.

I decided to model a Firepower because i used to own one i did a restoration on it so i was very familiar with the game. This was the first pinball machine i have completely modeled and hope i can use this as a good foundation for future table of the same era(and cabinet) smile.png. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and share some interests hope you like. I am also a Pinsider a great community. I have a link to my progress in the creation of this bad boy here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/3d-pinball-1

post-5553-0-79367100-1410037016_thumb.jpg

Awesome renderwork, enjoyed the video. I hope i will live long enough to see virtual pinballs, like this ;-)

As far FP and this kind of detail, i doubt it.

My nearest guess would be the Unit3D Pinball project at unit3dpinball.net/  ,which render engine is based on Unity3D.

The tables are designed with FP table editor as far as i know and after converted to Unit3D Pinball.

You should have a look.

• Content Provider

Yea me and a friend are messing around with it now. Basically just over laying the rendered image over an existing Firepower layout. The main issue is that now that i have to set the camera with no perspective flat and level it just looks weird. But then again they all have an un-natural look because of this flattened perspective. Its cool and all with a full blown virtual pinball machine but it just seems like it robs it of what a natural perspective would be. It just looks like you are looking threw a fish tank at it. I think this model would be best suited for a pre-rendered orientation slimier to Timeshock. Now i just need to learn how to program and take some advanced physics courses at the local collage:)

post-5553-0-87385700-1410132745_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

Done right, it doesn't have to look as flat. But VP by nature- is flat.

When I first played a cab in 2011 I didn't want one because I thought it was, well, flat. A year and a half later when I built one, it didn't look as bad, but vp had progressed. Flash to today, and my eyes are used to it. It doesn't seem as flat because I'm concentrating on the ball.

Now I know vp can use cool things like mesh and stuff, but that's beyond what I know. I'm still using good old fashioned ramps and walls.

Oh, any word back on the resume? :P

post-4-0-90459800-1410142538_thumb.png

• Content Provider

Beautiful renderings! It would be fun to export all that into .obj files and have it made in VP. You should team up with one of the active authors in both FP and VP to make a working version of this. 

Archived