Rascal's Hybrid Tables

I think these things are awesome.  Especially for ones like me without a cab setup, but using a single vertical display for FS tables.  I'm very impressed with these things and was wondering if anymore were on the way?  It's cool that you can actually script these backglasses like the spider in Scared Stiff.  How hard is it to make these backglasses?  I'd love to work on backglasses with lighting and stuff if I could learn how to get started.  Anyway, hope some more are on the way.

Just FYI wangho,  the site owner over at VPforums will not let you mention this site, or any of the SAM tables (Ironman,Avengers,etc), or certain members of this site. 

There are numorus other things you can't mention but you will have to wade into that mine field on your own.

Just thought I would give you a heads up cause I figured next you would ask why the site reff was removed and then your post would probably get deleted. 

I thought I would give you the heads up here since you can say almost anything here without raising the ire of the sensors.

So in the imortal words of Dr. Jonny Feaver, "Booger!"

• Content Provider

I think these things are awesome.  Especially for ones like me without a cab setup, but using a single vertical display for FS tables.  I'm very impressed with these things and was wondering if anymore were on the way?  It's cool that you can actually script these backglasses like the spider in Scared Stiff.  How hard is it to make these backglasses?  I'd love to work on backglasses with lighting and stuff if I could learn how to get started.  Anyway, hope some more are on the way.

Thanks for noticing my conversions, wangho. I think the name needs to be changes from hybrid to rotated single screen or something, so that people actually know what they are.

I probably will do some more, not sure. I've been working hard lately and enjoying some outside the house things while the weather is nice. What sucks is that almost as soon as I release these things, VP changes and messes them up. The flashers and other things don't play well it the new 9.9.0 version of VP and I just don't feel like going back through all these tables and fixing them. If someone else would want to do that, they have my blessing.

I can't keep up with the changes that keep happening in VP

Where did all this talk about VPForums come from? Wangho never mentioned it in his post or maybe he changed it???

I mentioned your tables over at that other website and Shadow saw my post there and reminded me here about the bad juju. 

Since the tables are already made, how much work goes into each one?  Basically, you're just changing the angle and dimensions of the table and adding a b2s backglass?  Is it something a novice could pick up and do or do I need to really know the editor well?  The reason I ask is that I'd either like to make some for myself or help in adding them here at this website.  Thanks

• Content Provider

I mentioned your tables over at that other website and Shadow saw my post there and reminded me here about the bad juju. 

Since the tables are already made, how much work goes into each one?  Basically, you're just changing the angle and dimensions of the table and adding a b2s backglass?  Is it something a novice could pick up and do or do I need to really know the editor well?  The reason I ask is that I'd either like to make some for myself or help in adding them here at this website.  Thanks

For the most part you are correct the tables are rotated with an angle similar to a desktop version. However, I'm not using DB2S for the backglass. The backglass is all done in VP, like the rest of the table. The lights and the backbox are mostly done using ramps. For the animated objects like the spider, I use primitives. Most of the conversions weren't to hard to make and took only a few days. Banzai Run and Terminator 3 were real challenges, and took a bit longer.

It's pretty much a continuation of the table. Everything is then scripted to work with the rom, solcallbacks, gicallbacks, etc...

If you want to pull one apart be my guest, the ramps are named BG#, These make up the layers of the backbox and their lights. To make it easy to line up, all the ramps are the same size and the lighting is done in the photo editor. So you will find a bunch of images which are the same size width and height, which are mostly transparent except for the area that is lighting or changing. Then if you select the BG# in the editor you will see they are all ramps which are slightly moved in the Y direction to be layered.

Oh and you can say VPForums here, it's not bad juju on this side. 

• Content Provider

Just FYI wangho,  the site owner over at VPforums will not let you mention this site, or any of the SAM tables (Ironman,Avengers,etc), or certain members of this site. 

There are numorus other things you can't mention but you will have to wade into that mine field on your own.

Kind of reminds you of WW2 don't it? ;)  (Just read this again and had that thought)

For Directb2s you have to go into the script and add a line (command) when you see an event happen. Ex. when the credits are updated, add your command to update the backglass credits. Never done a single screen though.

The difficulty of this is who wrote the script and HOW they wrote the script. If it's one of mine np, if it's one of Shiva's...... (jk). Actually Shiva's is MUCH easier than Greywolf's. But I'll get him figured out too.

• Content Provider

By filter do you mean this?

Visual Pinball

\\\                         ///

\\\                     ///

\\\                 ///

\\\             ///

\\\         ///

\\\    ///

\\\    ///

\\\    ///

\\\    ///

\\\    ///

$$

$$

$$

Long day at work, I'm easily amused... :P

• Content Provider

So is this a thread about Hybrid View or a thread about VPForums and Paul's method of operation? Let me know.

@Itchy - if your signature gets any larger it's going to take up a whole page.... for real.

I'm just starting to lean to use the editor, but I understand half of your method of how you create the backglasses and the scripting.  I just look at all the lines of scripting and it's a bit overwhelming to undestand what goes where and I guess the "sequence" in which things are done for a whole project.  I've learned PC FPS editors and made my own levels, I'll get the hang of this too.

Archived