Eight Ball Deluxe Wip

85vett

• Content Provider

As discussed in my recent table thread I'm starting a WIP for this table.

Luckily, I already had the playfield cleaned up and drawn up to my liking so I spent the day on putting it together.  Here's where I made it to today.  Getting close to trying to get the scripting done to make it all work.  Also need to make and add the plastics.  Time for bed now though.

Let me know if you see anything majorly off.  Trying to mirror the real table as much as possible.

1408165801.jpg

• Content Provider

Okay, just remember you asked, lol

Wrong bumper caps, these are prob. just place holders

No logo on the right side targets

The uper left rolover seems to be yellow in all the pics I could find

That's all I see, nothing really.  Can't wait to see the end product.

All good :-)

- Pops - Those were indeed just place holders

- No logo's - Just hadn't finished the image.  In there now.

- Roll-over - That's interesting.  All the pics I'm finding show red.  Think I'll stick with red but it's easy enough to change out.

So, another FULL day of work on this today.  Didn't have much going on so basically worked from wake up to bed time (right now).  Got the plastics added and did some detail work.  Also have the table playing for the most part.  Physics are really bad and , for the life of me, I can not figure out how to get primative drop targets to work.  I spent a couple hours studying the drop target guide and even some other tables that used them and I still can't figure it out.  Scrapped all the script that I had and guess I'll have to start over on that part :-(

Here's how we are looking now.  Things to do:

- finish scripting (drop targets and some lights)

- add some GI lights

- not real happy with the playfield brightness.  May have to play with it a bit more.

- apron needs to be made too

- Physics, physics, physics.  Never played this in real life but I think I have a decent idea of how it should play from watching the Papa video.

1408251520.jpg

nice to read this... even if we already have a very good release of this available, i wanted for a new/moded one with a better "view angle" (the flippers), thats the case here ;)

and i'm ene more happy while its a '80 masterpiece, than may you'll revisit that era for the pleasure of the most of us, i'm sure

cause seems we're still missing some tables in FS, or as i just said, some others need a tweak or a relifting...

tanx in advance

:)

• Content Provider

Officially stuck on this table right now.  Good news is that it's ready to go, minus some minor physics tweaks and the drop targets.  Bad news is that I've now spent 3 days off and on trying to get the primative drops to work.  I've tried mirroring and looking at other tables using drops but I can't get the things to work at all and it seems like every table with drops in it uses a different method. The walls work just fine (have them invisible as the collectable object) but I can't get the primatives to mirror the positions of the walls.

Really frustrated at this point and am debating just sticking with walls for the visible drops...  Still working on it but some of these new primative scripts make me feel like a first timer again.

• Content Provider

All you need to do is ....     damnit fren - beat me to it ;)

Farfalla's got 4 target banks/17 targets, I am working on something to hopefully make this easier but not ready for primetime yet

• Content Provider

Send it to me and I'll mess with it. Do you already have the primitives textured? I can work on it in a few hours when I get home

Appreciate it.  I'll send it over tonight when I get home.  The textures are all there.  Just can't get them to move. 

Farfalla's got 4 target banks/17 targets, I am working on something to hopefully make this easier but not ready for primetime yet

This would be great.  I hate asking others to do stuff for me and want to learn but this is getting the best of me right now.  Probably something silly I'm missing.

• Content Provider

Primitive drops are the damnedest things. There's different functions, depending if they start up or stay up or drop quickly then raise again immediately.....the same script doesn't work for all drop targets unfortunately

I've done 1 bank, 2 bank and 4 bank dts, and had help from uw on the odd ones from 24 that would be dropped and only raised when an event was triggered on the table. I think I've got the standard drop target bank routine down though 

I even did a version of sharkeys with primitive drops that I haven't released yet so that script is likely copy/paste for your 7 bank dt. Should be a breeze

interested to see what gtxjoe the debug king has up his sleeves on this

• Content Provider

Sent the table back with working primitive drop targets, should be 100% on them. Only thing I couldn't test was the 1x 2x 3x 4x solup, I don't remember when they are supposed to raise again and didn't play it too much but I believe it's good to go. Would love to see that one with physmod, the table is a killer for me irl so i look forward to the practice lol

• Content Provider

Awesome! 

As for the rollover, I was looking at the pics on the IPDB site. They may be red, but they look yellow to me. Either way it's a minor detail.

Table is looking fantastic!

attachicon.gifimage-13.jpg

They're not red, that's a shadow to the right of it where the no 44 bulb goes. ;) It looks yellow/orange because it's a yellow/orange insert the star points through.

Vette's rollover looks great, but it looks "thick" to me in terms of the star. Small detail though, it looks awesome!

• Content Provider

I'm leaving it as red as that is the color I've seen and also the color I prefer.  It has been replaced with a primative base and star as well.  Those that want a different color will be able to easily change it :-)

Thanks Fren.  I'll check it out and see if I can get the physics right for release.

i have only one thing to say (in 8BDLX mode) :

stop talking (on pinside) and start building (on vpu) !

;)

Too funny.  That site is like crack for me.  I want to stay away as it's just about nothing but whining these days but I just can't help but get looped in.

Archived