Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Black Knight Sword Of Rage (Stern 2019)


Welcome Please Read Me.docx

Welcome to my version of Black Knight Sword of Rage (Stern 2019/Modified)
By Meakin68

Black Knight Sword of Rage (Limited Edition) / IPD No. 6569


The table has not been touched since 2023.
The table was actually at best, a WIP so I have basically rewritten a lot of the code, updated physics, sounds, puppack and table.

 

The story behind me working on this was that I got "stuck/unmotivated" on another project I was working on and needed some time away from it so I thought I would give this a shot. I got fed up of the table crashing, multiballs not working etc. so I thought it would be a simple weeks’ worth of modifying but as I delved deeper I realised it needed a lot more. This is my first table and I hope this meets with approval.

 

I am very nervous about submitting this as I don’t know what kind of reception it will get. I hope it will just provide a bit of entertainment for everyone. If you spot bugs please tell me about them rather than just moan, and if you want to modify then please get in touch.

 

Thank you to:

Vinch52 for originally producing the table and puppack which I was able to modify.

VPW tutorials they were essential and extremely useful. Especially their “VPin Workshop Example & Resource Table”, which allowed me to add Nfozzy Physics and Fleep sounds.

NailBuster, for his superb Puplayer code and tutorials. This table relies on puppack to be playable.

 

What I have done (Version 0.9):

 

·         Table code modified and most routines rewritten, to allow the game to play with some additional modifications from the Stern table based upon comments from forums. There are some notes below will help understand the features I have done.

·          I have added all the features that were missing such as the powersword and super features.

·         As it stands this game is set to freeplay and one player only. If people like it then I may improve in the future. It is at the stage I think people will like it.

·         I have added Nfozzy Physics, and Fleep Sounds.

·         Rewritten puppack and sounds

·         Modified table to "look nicer"

·         When pressing start please wait for “I am the Black Knight” to be announced especially after a game.

 

 

Important notes:

This is my first table and it was a lot of work to debug and rewrite the code. It is not as clean as I would have liked but functional and plays properly now. Please ignore comments to myself within the code and also the name "Meakin" or “PM” occurring. This was often used to allow me to jump about the code, not some ego trip 😉

 

Adjustables are currently at the top of the script. I haven't added a F12 menu yet, I may do if this proves popular and people like what I have done.

 

It is based on the Ruleset from Stern Version 1.18, which I have included in the puppack.

 

The table has been written based upon a cabinet with two screens, I am sure it should work with three or desktop with the settings of the pupack.

 

This table has a puppack as it make no sense without one. However there are a few bits I had to "fiddle":

 

Skelton Animation for War Hurry-Up: The animation is using images that animate like a "flick book" ie one image after another. I have added an adjustment which sets how many balls are on the table before it switches to "static" image. I found it was no problem with performance, but the adjustment will fix lag if experienced when War happens.

 

Callout Sounds are based on a separate CSV which lists all the callout sounds, stored in the pupack. The callouts are played directly using a routine rather than using the puplayer events. I did this as there are a lot of callouts (500+) and I didn’t want to have to add all these to the puppack editor and have too many event numbers.

 

Finally the folder structure is modified from the original and had extras and some files missing. I have left the extras in for people to be able to use if they wish and I had to create my own missing files. This includes the powersword animations and final stages of black castle. I am not an artist so if you wish to use better versions then please do so (and let me have a copy;-)) 

 

I hope people enjoy the table.


 

Posted

Sorry, I'm not near my cabinet but basically...

 

Find the zzzCalloutsList file in your \PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\bksor\Callouts\ directory. Then right click on the file and copy the path.

 

In the VPX script there's a line with ".\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\bksor\Callouts\" - I replaced this relative path with the actual path to the zzzCalloutsList file on my PC.

Posted

Line 174 just change this line so that it reads, 'If your drive is on your C drive' 

 

Const calloutpath = "C:\vPinball\PinUPSystem\PUPVideos\bksor\Callouts\" 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

Did exactly what you showed, but it still comes up with the same error  message. Do I have to unzip bksor into the folder bksor ?

 

Posted
2 hours ago, mefgames said:

Did exactly what you showed, but it still comes up with the same error  message. Do I have to unzip bksor into the folder bksor ?

 

Yes, you do; once extracted, that folder then goes in your pup videos folder 

Posted

Thanks for your help. I've gotten it to work, kind of. I have no regular DMD and the score and video section is on the playfield. How do I fix that ?IMG_0620.thumb.jpg.b9e8b769b4a871a37b13683d7a1a99fb.jpg

Posted

Finally got it to work, although my screen 3 DMD only displays the windows logo, the score reel and video is now on the back glass where it should be. It does take over the entire BG screen, but I can deal with that. Here's a screen shot of what I did, per AI instructions.IMG_0624.PNG.584c68c3096a5f64af75c643eea6cf94.PNG

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Thanks a lot, mefgames.

I have a very similar cabinet with three screens with a 4:1 DMD.

Also I did have the Pup on Playfield - hidden behind the Playfield, but it was somehow there (via alt-tab) ;(

Never ever would have had the idea to set up "Quick position" (in "Configure Display/Locations" for "Apron/FullDMD" to Display 3, my thought was that I have a 4:1 DMD which is also inside the Display/Locations-List so I would setup that.

But I did as you (or your AI) said and now I have the pup on my 4:1 DMD, perfect, thanks.

Still missing the background image (actually nothing aka black screen on backglass), tried some hints from the comments section and also with or without the b2s file but no luck.

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...