Primitive Template Table

• Content Provider

Is there a place to upload this.

I didn't see a template section

I figure maybe some authors may want it.

It's eventually going to have all the base models from the fp editor scaled to use in vp and texture templates

I have a bunch in it already and code for animated stuff

If there is interest, let me know and let me know where to upload it

Cool Beans...  :)

The shivaengine series needs a proper home, once I get my internet access back (just moved) I will make them available again, including the first beta of se4, which had a menu system started to replace all scripting or coding completely. Just build the table, place names in the proper collection, start the table and press F6, and select/adjust the values.I would love someone to come in and pick it up, this would be the ultimate template if developed fully, not that I am hinting or anything...  :)

• Content Provider

Cool Beans...  :)

The shivaengine series needs a proper home, once I get my internet access back (just moved) I will make them available again, including the first beta of se4, which had a menu system started to replace all scripting or coding completely. Just build the table, place names in the proper collection, start the table and press F6, and select/adjust the values.I would love someone to come in and pick it up, this would be the ultimate template if developed fully, not that I am hinting or anything...  :)

Say what? Go on.............

Pretty much what it is. It was se3 with a menu system instead of code snippets. It was very early, very little preset code was in, but the idea was to put groups of objects (like target banks) into a premade collection in the template, call the game up, press F6, and find then select a pre set code from the menu list that gives scoring/features/sounds etc. In theory, with enough code, people could change the entire behavior of a game, from adding features like lane change or multiball to a Bally type game, to designing their own table and then building the rules from scratch in about 30 minutes using the menus. A lot of people at the time (I did this in 2007) refused to do tables because of the scripting aspect, so I dreamed up a way to give them a basic featured but internally powerful engine system so they could build without scripting. (the se series ran Trigon among other tables, so there's a lot  of power in there)

It's a bit clunky, but should be able to do what average VP games have in them already once developed.

But I ran into problems with a couple things, and then real life caused me to leave, but I always wanted this to continue with someone else. A real decent scripter should be able to handle this, most of the base is already in there, just add the rest is all. A couple things were beyond me, it used vp 7 so needs updating, but should be easy for others.

Is that se4 b1 Tim? Would save a bit of work if it is. because it's so old, and for some odd reason, someone in vp dev must have changed the scripting commands (like slope) so I get errors, and of course 9.9 is unuseable for me as it breaks some of the older stuff completely. have to have 9.2 to use this. I had saving problems but once I found my viewer it cleared up. Saved all the values as well, so quite pleased.

I was so brillant 8 years ago.  :D

There use to be a guide that had all the script commands at one time, anyone know where that is? Anyone have a list of the changes made to them in the newer versions of VP? I had a quick look at the program and script, pretty rough but workable. A far better scripter would make mincemeat out of this, pretty easy to follow.

The big thing though is the menu system. It's not great but it works. If someone knows how to do a proper vbs text box system complete with jumpboxes, input boxes etc, that can save and load, the system would suddenly become far more flexible and capable. It's hard with VP, very few creator games, most of it is vpm, but maybe a fp guy can answer this one

Oh, has anyone found a way to read and display table object names from a vpt file? I have everything in collections, and the system is able to count and reconize how many names are within one collection and it works, but has to be a better way

Frenetic the Trigon table that Shiva built uses his shiva engine

it runs better than most vp pins IMHO and looked fantastic for a vp8 table

it also got updated for vp9 and I think FS too

it works not with roms but his special coding and it runs great!

the name for it is shivaengine it is also a vbs file

the only guide I can find is how to make stuff in vp and it was written years ago

but does not support the newer stuff that vp has in it

http://www.armuco.ch/bubble/VisualGuidehtml/indexGB.htm

also on that page sits the shivaengine

but over at vpf there is a post concerning script commands and what they mean

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=4261

good luck as it is a rather long post

post-41-0-66927300-1404823927_thumb.jpg

awesome guys thanks. I will see if I can get it releaseable at least, noticed a couple errors now with the new versions of VP, and load her up for people to finish or just goof around. Be a good companion piece to UW's models as well I think, even without the menu system.

i think the two systems will compliment each other quite well. would solve a lot of vp 9.9 problems as well. I had a good look at the menu system, and couldn't figure out where a bug was, drove me crazy, but then, I haven't scripted a thing in 6 years either. this used text boxes, but I will try out a straight vbs boxmethod (like vpm)

Once you wangle your kid (I know what that is like) should have something done at least, or know what type of menu system to use. I will upload it here when happy.

• Content Provider

When I get time I'll email you mine as well. Just found it's not on this computer.

And yeah, slope is messed up. I had to comment it out while working on Greywolf's stuff.

Archived