Aztec Williams 1976 (Pending Permission)

Itchigo

• Content Provider

This is day 1 of my Aztec build. I started out with Leon's old vp8, then redid evrything and replaced everything- including the script. So this is my own table. Except for the graphics, that is. I used Bob78954's FP graphics. I need to get permission before I release anything, but I thought I'd show you guys day 1's progress. I'm trying to knock this out in 2 days.

post-4-0-71533500-1396663937_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

I started with the RC2 VP8 version, changed the graphics, then I replaced everything on the pf. I was going to rescript it so it would be my own, then I saw it was Leon's who has given blanket permission to mod. But I may still rescript it anyway. (I like scripting) so I might see how much shorter I can get it lol. I got Olympics down to 550 lines, maybe I can get this down to 600-700 :P . But I plan to do 3 bonus routines as the timing is different for bonus, double bonus and tilt. Still that shouldn't be difficult.

Yeah, I hate doing rubbers. What I usually do is make a copy of an existing rubber, so I know the heights and colors, then I shape 1 layer of the 6. The I copy and paste the layer 5 more times, then I match the heights and colors of the remaining layers to the copied one. That's if I can't stretch/skew it in the shape I want.

Maybe this'll help a bit. it's something I put together. I think the posts are Eala's.

Parts Table.zip

I started with the RC2 VP8 version, changed the graphics, then I replaced everything on the pf. I was going to rescript it so it would be my own, then I saw it was Leon's who has given blanket permission to mod. But I may still rescript it anyway. (I like scripting) so I might see how much shorter I can get it lol. I got Olympics down to 550 lines, maybe I can get this down to 600-700 :P . But I plan to do 3 bonus routines as the timing is different for bonus, double bonus and tilt. Still that shouldn't be difficult.

Yeah, I hate doing rubbers. What I usually do is make a copy of an existing rubber, so I know the heights and colors, then I shape 1 layer of the 6. The I copy and paste the layer 5 more times, then I match the heights and colors of the remaining layers to the copied one. That's if I can't stretch/skew it in the shape I want.

Maybe this'll help a bit. it's something I put together. I think the posts are Eala's.

Thanks I'll give it a look. 

I know I have tried the stretching you talked about but it always looks like some deformed worm.  VP building is not very intuitive, seems there are tricks to everything you need to know to make it look/work right. 

I make rubbers out of ramps (noncollidable) then for the ball to hit a rubber

I make an invisible wall around the rubbers

making that one collidable so the ball hits the invisible wall but it looks like it hits the rubbers

this way rubbers can be made much faster and also one can make them irregular shapes with relative ease

post-41-0-71841900-1397005849_thumb.jpg

• Content Provider

If anyone can get a hold of Bob78954, I practically have this done. I'm down to 3 or 4 things. FS version too, with Db2s. I started out making it for myself, but if he gets back to me I'll share it. It uses his FP textures.

post-4-0-09743200-1397346365_thumb.jpg

Archived