Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I set it to bally/ wiliams. It was hard becouse i use simple cover board (without button) and with new fw when power on i get strange colour. So i had to make conection to gpio port to run thrue menu just to see s/n to get key. For now it look like discovery board is damage. I try diferent cover (working in fish and dracula) but there is older fw. Didnt want to mix discovery boarda and sd cards for now, but i must do that to be certain. One more thing, after i get key it work with pin2dmd.exe but it wont work in editor completly. Update palette not work, export for real pinball... i will take picture of mesage later. This night i will work on problem i have, and will raport. 

Thanks for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sibi said:

I set it to bally/ wiliams. It was hard becouse i use simple cover board (without button) and with new fw when power on i get strange colour. So i had to make conection to gpio port to run thrue menu just to see s/n to get key. For now it look like discovery board is damage. I try diferent cover (working in fish and dracula) but there is older fw. Didnt want to mix discovery boarda and sd cards for now, but i must do that to be certain. One more thing, after i get key it work with pin2dmd.exe but it wont work in editor completly. Update palette not work, export for real pinball... i will take picture of mesage later. This night i will work on problem i have, and will raport. 

Thanks for help

For discovery board you can use 2.41 firmware for now.

https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/tree/040a9524cd023b3e87472fd745a00d31629c12d0/firmware/latest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mistery solved. Two discovery board i recive are not working. I try older fw i have on my pc, i used on displays made almost year ago (2.36 i think) and stil not working, mixing boards and key files and come to results. One thing i didnt notice before is thet when discovery boad recive signal from dmd board to gpio leds on boards start flashing. 

Only diference in older and new bards i notice is thet all leds on new board are green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sibi said:

Only diference in older and new bards i notice is thet all leds on new board are green. 

I guess you have some cheap chinese copy of the stm32f4 discovery board then.

The status LEDs always are red,green,blue,orange on original boards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, malenko said:

I reinstalled my pin2dmd into my T2

 

and here's a brief video:

 

20171003_190053.jpg

20171003_201423.jpg

20171003_194319.jpg

Cool, thanks again for doing this! Did you happen to update the files in the last couple of days? In my T2 the PIN2DMD words like in your picture are not color. Also the match animation is not colored on my game. Also the kickback animation has too slow of timing so it doesn't play before its triggered off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May I ask about your power connection to the driver board.

Are you connecting to Gi. I understand it is approximately 5 volts but usually higher.

Are you using a power transformer to regulate the voltage to 5 volt to supply power to the shield and led panels?

Any further pictures and details of how to are connecting power would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 

By the way. I have tested your T2 colourisation... very impressive... well done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is absolutely not recommended to use the 5V from WPC power board. You can use a DC-DC converter available at ebay to use 12V (J117) and convert down to stable 5V. A minimum of 5A is recommended.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, malenko said:

the BETA folder has the latest intermittent release.  Match game needs fixing but kickback and autofire both work fine.

The kickback animation looks like its working but it seems to have the wrong timing. When the animation triggers its color but the animation is so slow that you almost never even get to see the guy shooting  and the score screen comes back on. What I personally noticed with the editor is that if you record animations from pinmame, the first frame of the animations sometimes has too long of a delay, then that delay gets transmitted to your custom animation causing it to be slower than it should be. Im not saying that's whats happening here but it seems odd that I never get to actually see your beautiful animation of the guy shooting.

4 hours ago, lucky1 said:

It is absolutely not recommended to use the 5V from WPC power board. You can use a DC-DC converter available at ebay to use 12V (J117) and convert down to stable 5V. A minimum of 5A is recommended.

 

Ive used some $2 voltage shunt convertor/regulators off ebay. They take any kind of voltage from 9v-32V and convert it down to 5V 5A regulated supply. On my terminator 2 pinball I took some random voltage(I think like 16v unregulated) off one of the unused connectors in the upper right hand corner of the power driver board and it works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjc02002 said:

The kickback animation looks like its working but it seems to have the wrong timing. When the animation triggers its color but the animation is so slow that you almost never even get to see the guy shooting  and the score screen comes back on. What I personally noticed with the editor is that if you record animations from pinmame, the first frame of the animations sometimes has too long of a delay, then that delay gets transmitted to your custom animation causing it to be slower than it should be. Im not saying that's whats happening here but it seems odd that I never get to actually see your beautiful animation of the guy shooting.

I fixed that in my version already but did´t have the time to test it. You can be sure that we will end up with a fully working version because I have a T2. But it is totally in pieces right now because I´m restoring it. The same with LW3 because Steve has one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lucky1 said:

It is absolutely not recommended to use the 5V from WPC power board. You can use a DC-DC converter available at ebay to use 12V (J117) and convert down to stable 5V. A minimum of 5A is recommended.

 

Thank you kindly. I have a successful power up and display using j138 on WPC95 with convertor at 5volt DC. Excellent. Will try out J117 later on Getaway.

The now unused DMD power cable coming from display board J604 has GND at pin 604-4 and 604-5, and 12v DC at pin 604-7.

Has anyone considered tapping the 12v from here?

Thanks in advance T

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Turbo27 said:

Thank you kindly. I have a successful power up and display using j138 on WPC95 with convertor at 5volt DC. Excellent. Will try out J117 later on Getaway.

The now unused DMD power cable coming from display board J604 has GND at pin 604-4 and 604-5, and 12v DC at pin 604-7.

Has anyone considered tapping the 12v from here?

Thanks in advance T

 

 

I found this not to work for some reason. Let us know if you get it to work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lucky1 said:

I fixed that in my version already but did´t have the time to test it. You can be sure that we will end up with a fully working version because I have a T2. But it is totally in pieces right now because I´m restoring it. The same with LW3 because Steve has one.

Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×