PinDMD Color Roms

I bought a PinDMD 3 Color from Noah but the only colors I've seen are the UltraDMD America's Most Haunted and the default 4 colors from the F1 settings which are ugly.

So I searched a lot on the available forums but I only see info or colorized roms for the Pin2DMD.

Then I found this DL and thought yes finally : Colorized Rom Pack

but I think those are for the Pin2DMD too...

Does anyone have a PinDMD3 and have info or links on how to make it work?

That is a great write up @Thalamus

What I found interesting in the link provided by @BlackPredator72is the LOTR zip file... I wasn't aware of any efforts to colorize that game but coming in at < 4MB  I assume it is just a 4 colour/16 shade effort rather than full colorization as the rest of the files in that link appear to be patched roms.

@BlackPredator72 - There are a couple of ROM's in there that won't run on your pinDMD3 at all even if you follow the directions in @Thalamus wiki post. Those being Big Buck Hunter, POTC and Shrek I believe... I've recently started the process of flipping my pinDMD3 to a PIN2DMD as the ongoing support for the PIN2DMD to date has been much greater. If it weren't for the efforts of @freezy we wouldn't be able to play any of the colour roms (Except the UltraDMD games?).

• Content Provider

There's a project here:

and TSPP under the download section.

I suppose those are ready to use if you have a Pin2DMD with up to date firmware.

I may be wrong but I don't think that the projects using the Pin2DMD editor call for modding or patching a rom so much as replacing frames on-the-fly from an external file.

1 hour ago, arngrim said:

is there a place or a link to find non stern colored roms, or files ready to use?

There is only one fully coloured, completed non-stern to date that I am aware of... that being the one referenced by @CarnyPriest. All other rom's are Sterns, Any other ROMS aren't full colorization, just swapping the  colour palettes (4 colour/16 shades) out for ones that may or may not look better than the standard orange we already have. A collection of those can found here: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/86-pin2dmd-color-palettes/

@malenko is now working on T2, check the WIP forum for other non-sterns.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/138-pin2dmd-dmd-colorization-works-in-progress/

• Content Provider
10 hours ago, BlackPredator72 said:

I bought a PinDMD 3 Color from Noah but the only colors I've seen are the UltraDMD America's Most Haunted and the default 4 colors from the F1 settings which are ugly.

So I searched a lot on the available forums but I only see info or colorized roms for the Pin2DMD.

Then I found this DL and thought yes finally : Colorized Rom Pack

but I think those are for the Pin2DMD too...

Does anyone have a PinDMD3 and have info or links on how to make it work?

Hmm, you probably want to edit that post. @chucky87 was providing that as a private link at the French site. Basically trying not to step over a line by distributing hacked Stern roms. Now that Dazz has put out a utility to patch roms, we should not even really need a public or a private repository of patched color roms. It's dead easy for users to do it themselves:

Also, TWD in that pack is just the pal file from @gech. The CRC of the game code is that same as Stern's. I have not yet heard of any colorization project for TWD.

Pack is missing Family Guy which is a really good project.

• Content Provider
7 minutes ago, roar said:

There is only one fully coloured, completed non-stern to date that I am aware of... that being the one referenced by @CarnyPriest. All other rom's are Sterns, Any other ROMS aren't full colorization, just swapping the  colour palettes (4 colour/16 shades) out for ones that may or may not look better than the standard orange we already have. A collection of those can found here: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/category/86-pin2dmd-color-palettes/

@malenko is now working on T2, check the WIP forum for other non-sterns.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forum/138-pin2dmd-dmd-colorization-works-in-progress/

There is SFII and TSPP

15 minutes ago, malenko said:

there I was thinking I was special :/

I still colorized the first Gottlieb game, right?

You are very special :) First non-stern game... first Gottlieb game!

• 1 year later...

guys - this thread says PINDMD color roms but these won't actually work on a pindmd v2 right?  Just confirming.  Funny b/c I was active in this thread way earlier and got it to work with my virtual DMD - now I have a pindmd and I'm not even sure it's truly compatible with this

Archived