machine terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file. error message

hello everybody!

i started installing some sam tables on my cab. i learned how to do it by a nice video on youtube. so basically i know how to do it. It worked fine for the ac/dc, tron and also for the x-men.

but for some other tables like metallica or spider-man i receive that error message when i start the table.

i tried all available rom files from the stern page, made sure that the name is the same like in the script. i just downloaded the latest vpinmame.dll / sam.vbs files. I tried to move them also just to the scripts folder and removed them from the tables folder. no success.

does anybody have an idea what else i can do to make those tables work?

thanks a lot!

• Content Provider

Rename the bin file you downloaded from Stern to match the name in the script. Zip up the bin file and give the zipped filename the same name as in the script. 

You can test using the Setup.exe install program. Click the Test button. Find the romset that you want to check. Click Check ROMs.

6 hours ago, CarnyPriest said:

Rename the bin file you downloaded from Stern to match the name in the script. Zip up the bin file and give the zipped filename the same name as in the script. 

You can test using the Setup.exe install program. Click the Test button. Find the romset that you want to check. Click Check ROMs.

thanks, but as I descriped in my initial post  i´m quite familiar with the basic procedure. several sam tables are working fine already.

which setup.exe is it, that I can use to check the roms? I`d like to give this a try.

• 1 year later...

Hi there got the same problem..

i've done installation before that worked fine every time...

this time i can"t make it work.."machine terminated before initialized", of course i've checked roms,it's working when I test it, rom path is ok, i've make a clean install.

the other issue is when Pinmame laugh a rom,for the first time, I can"t click the button on the windows, when it ask if i'm legally entitled to play this game....my mouse is below the windows....

any idea????

thanks

Archived