spiderman ve patched rom no color

I apologize if I put this in the wrong section

I patched the spiderman vault edition rom and opened it with the test in vpinmame install and it says colorized by sharkky but has no color, I enabled the use of an external dll and installed the special dll and ini however I was unable to find a pal file to put in the altcolor folder, any recommendations?

6 hours ago, Thalamus said:

If you found a *.dat file inside the patch archive - rename it to pin2dmd.pal. There were a couple of released archives that contained "wrongly" named files,

I just did that and it fixed it sort of, I am planning on running this in a cab and I put it in cabinet mode, the window that will allow me to resize it and stay resized is still orange and black but the one that always goes back to the same spot and doesnt give me a drop menu when I right click it is all colorized, is there any way to make the other window color

8 hours ago, Thalamus said:

Adjustments is done in the dmddevice.ini, and you don't need the VPM dmd anymore.

Thanks I went in and disabled virtual dmd which got rid of that windo I dont need except that didnt fix the fact that the other window is still plain orange and not color

Thanks I went in and disabled virtual dmd which got rid of that windo I dont need except that didnt fix the fact that the other window is still plain orange and not color

I've been able to make the orange one go away by going to the settings on the back glass and making the DMD not visible.

I still can't figure out how to make the size and position settings stay for the colorized ones though.

3 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I've been able to make the orange one go away by going to the settings on the back glass and making the DMD not visible.

I still can't figure out how to make the size and position settings stay for the colorized ones though.

Im pretty sure that your supposed to use the window that saves the position and stuff and I think that there is probably some way to make that window to display color

57 minutes ago, 1computertyler said:

Im pretty sure that your supposed to use the window that saves the position and stuff and I think that there is probably some way to make that window to display color

Wrong. You are supposed to tell where you want the virtualdmd to be placed. I describe it in this thread - and STAT provides a working example a few answers later. Joey had some problems since he placed the dll into a system folder.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36337&p=380433

And, well - if you don't get color, one of the following might be the problem.

you haven't ticked use 4 color, don't have pin2dmd.pal placed correctly, don't have a correctly patched rom or don't have the correct dmddevice.dll.

Focus on getting one working - then you know that you setup is correct. I advice you to focus on Spiderman VE. A few of these roms doesn't work for anyone except read pin2dmd users - at least for now.

thanks so much, this helps a ton, your awsome

3 minutes ago, Thalamus said:

Wrong. You are supposed to tell where you want the virtualdmd to be placed. I describe it in this thread - and STAT provides a working example a few answers later. Joey had some problems since he placed the dll into a system folder.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36337&p=380433

And, well - if you don't get color, one of the following might be the problem.

you haven't ticked use 4 color, don't have pin2dmd.pal placed correctly, don't have a correctly patched rom or don't have the correct dmddevice.dll.

Thank you Thalamus!  That is exactly the direction I needed as well.   I adjusted the settings as so that there is a little bit of space between the DMD and the edges of the screen, and made it smaller so it fits to the left of the table.  It looks great, and requires no adjustments after launching the table.  

Another tip I learned was to hide the Vpinmame DMD (the original red one) by going into the vpinmame ROM settings and unchecking the checkbox that reads "Show DMD/Display Window".  Before I made this change, I was getting two DMDs. 

Note that these setting are for a desktop computer on a standard HDTV screen (they will be different for my cab).  If anyone is interested, these are my desktop PC settings in DmdDevice.ini:

[virtualdmd]
enabled = true 
; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
stayontop = true
; hide the resize grip
hidegrip = true
; ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
ignorear = false
; x-axis of the window position
left = 50          
; y-axis of the window position
top = 70