Rev 1.0 2/26/2013
First want to give a very big Thank YOU to Blur and all the users who have added code to FPlaunch.
I Figured I would create a tutorial thread that clears up the confusion about setting up various new features of FPlaunch. Since many users were having issues or confused about setting up this color feature I figured why not start with this first.
How to set up Pinjukebox
1) Create a table in your VP tables folder called jukebox.vpt and it’s very important to delete the script info from the table so its completely empty.
2) Add Jukebox to vp hyperpin XML (listed below)
I put a "1" infront of the word jukebox so it appears at the very beginning of the Hyperpin wheel. Its merly a suggestion and ofcoruse you can leave it as is but for testing you may want to as its a pain to scroll all the way to letter "J" everytime you test.
3) Download a copy of dwjukebox and configure Video, controller, screen resolution
Put file in a folder called “dwjukebox” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.
Config Jukebox.ini with following settings: (You can of course config anything else you want but these are the bare minimums you should change)
MonitorAspectRatio = STRETCH
Mouse = Disabled
SongPath1 = set this to where ever you want to put you mp3’s for example c:\mp3
gfx_card = GDIB
Make sure gfx_card is not commented out with a # symbol otherwise it will not read
Now its time to edit the controls.ini
Open controls.ini in notepad and delete everything after KEY_CAPSLOCK = BTN_PLAYSTIMULATOR
Also make sure you change these keys. You have to edit this to your own keyboard settings as mine maybe different but you get the idea. Its setup to have left and right is controlled by flippers, up and down by nudge keys, and select by the launch button. My esc key is mappedto “e” so change that aswell otherwise fplaunch wont work.
KEY_E = BTN_SHUTDOWN Exit
KEY_Z = BTN_GUI_UP left nudge up arrow
KEY_SLASH = BTN_GUI_DOWN right nudge down arrow
KEY_LSHIFT = BTN_GUI_LEFT left flipper left arrow
KEY_RSHIFT = BTN_GUI_RIGHT right flipper right arrow
KEY_ENTER = BTN_GUI_SELECT launch button select
4) Download ledblinky and configure
Put file in a folder called “ledblinky” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.
- Its important you buy and register your version of ledwiz otherwise the lights wont work when playing music.
- Run ledblinkyconfig.exe
- Click on FE
- Select Other Front-End
- Click on Audio animation tab and config audio device and input (Sound card and “wave”
- Select desired Audio animation mode
- Now its time to config your ports
- Click on tools from the pull down at the top
- You need to know what ports your flashers are mapped to on your LEDBlinky board.
- Select port number that your R G and B is assoated with for each flasher.
- Select a port label (This really doesn’t matter as long as each led has its own label
- LED Type Will be R or G or B. Important to assign the right color to the right port
- And then select a input code. I just made them all Keycode A. It doesn’t matter
- Then hit set port
- When finished don’t just close out of this window with selecting save in the upper left, failure to do so will require you remap everything. Infact I usually save after every few I put in.
- Once conmpleted and SAVE, exit out of this menu and go back to the audioanimation tab.
- Hit Test button
- Open up an mp3 and play it. You should see the assigned lights start to dance with the music.
- You got the lights mapped and ledblinky setup
5) Download PinJukeLaunch and config video resolution
Put file in a folder called “pinjukelaunch” and place it in the root of your Hyperpin folder.
Make sure your config file looks like this. I disabled wallpaper and also changed resolution to 1360x768. Of course if you are running a different resolution on you backglass adjust accordingly.
6) Download latest FPlaunch (Miniumum requirement FPLaunch1.295wip10.zip )
7) Make jukebox.bat and put the following info in: (Place this bat file in the root of Hyperpin folder)
start C:\HyperPin\ledblinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe audio.lwax
start /wait C:\HyperPin\PinJukeLaunch\PinJukeLaunch.exe launch_juke.cfg
start C:\HyperPin\ledblinky\LEDBlinky\LEDBlinky.exe 2
8) Launch Hyperpin and select jukebox. Enjoy
I will also be including an artwork theme pack for thisas well as a DWjuke skin. THK and Jeep guy are working on this for me now. As soon as its ready I will upload to forums.