Newbie Needing help!!

ameet.vyas1

So, I'm generally pretty good at finding the information that I need to resolve issues on my own.  But it has come to the point where I need help from the all mighty and knowing people of this forum!  

First of all, I just wanted to see thank you to all your post here!  It's help me tremendously get to where I am with this new world that I've been introduced to!!  

My issue is that I have downloaded the latest version of vpx.  I've loaded up several new vpx tables, but have only been able to find them as "desktop" tables.  I've read somewhere where you can uncheck a box to "disable DT mode"  I have not found this anywhere in any part of any settings in vpx.  Is there such a setting in vpx, and if not is there a way to play these tables on my cab?

Again I'm extremely new to this and really appreciate any insight anyone has.  Even if you point me in the right direction.  I don't mind finding answers myself, but sometimes need a pointer as to where to look!  

Thanks in advance for the help!! 

• Content Provider

Since tables are built by people that have their cabinets setup in different orientations (some windows portrait, some landscape) you may also need to change the FS settings for a particular table.  Have Backdrop and Option pressed and then adjust the FS settings if needed.  Usually XY Rotation is 270 for people with landscape playfield, and 0 for people with portrait playfield (again that's if windows desktop is setup portrait or landscape).

Capture.JPG

16 hours ago, Onevox said:

I'm just as new, but this layback list was interesting to me as I collect the list of things to know one day. . Those settings for different games.

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=15071

That list is made before VPX and back then it was more like a try and try again game ... until you found the settings you liked. Well, guess it still is - but at least now we have a build-in tool for it. Mind you, there does exist a x-mas gift from the developers that gave the community that function as well for VP9 but at as stand alone tool. http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=29926

Come to think of it, this info maybe should be added to the wiki post.

Archived